Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Donald Trump and Christianity

Dept. of Redundancy Dept. Cow Poke's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    He was trying to make DE look stupid for advocating something contrary to what the apostles and Jesus did. I was pointing out that his attempt backfired because he badly misread either DE or scripture.

Most of us don't need any help looking stupid.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post

Most of us don't need any help looking stupid.
    I resemble that remark.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. Ė St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    obp saved dweeb roh from the more savage beating I was about to administer
    "But Lord, in your name did we not vote Democrat, and in your name did we not attend many Bernie rallies?" ~ Zymologist

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Is Trump a Christian?

[...]

DT:[...] Iíve had great relationships and developed even greater relationships with ministers. We have tremendous support from the clergy. I think I will be doing very well during the election with evangelicals and with Christians. In the Middle East ó and this is prior to the migration ó you had almost no chance of coming into the United States. Christians from Syria, of which there were many, many of their heads Ö chopped off. If you were a Muslim from Syria, it was one of the easiest places to come in (to the U.S.). I thought that was deplorable. Iím going to treat my religion, which is Christian, with great respect and care.

[...]

http://calthomas.com/node/985

I cut quite a lot in Sparko's original post but there was a purpose for doing so. Some people tend to say that with Trump it is all about Trump. I think the parts I left seem to show a man more concerned about establishing his own kingdom than the kingdom of God. This is particularly clear in: "We have tremendous support from the clergy. I think I will be doing very well during the election with evangelicals and with Christians." And: Iím going to treat my religion, which is Christian, with great respect and care.

It does sound a little too strategic and self focused to me. But I could be wrong. Make Trump great again (if he ever was).

5. Amen Tassman amen'd this post.
    Dept. of Redundancy Dept. Cow Poke's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    I cut quite a lot in Sparko's original post but there was a purpose for doing so. Some people tend to say that with Trump it is all about Trump. I think the parts I left seem to show a man more concerned about establishing his own kingdom than the kingdom of God. This is particularly clear in: "We have tremendous support from the clergy. I think I will be doing very well during the election with evangelicals and with Christians." And: Iím going to treat my religion, which is Christian, with great respect and care.

It does sound a little too strategic and self focused to me. But I could be wrong. Make Trump great again (if he ever was).
    This is some of my concern about Trump - that he's using his perceived "tremendous support from the clergy" to further his own agenda. On the other hand, Hillary's agenda was pretty detrimental to religious liberty, so...

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    This is some of my concern about Trump - that he's using his perceived "tremendous support from the clergy" to further his own agenda. On the other hand, Hillary's agenda was pretty detrimental to religious liberty, so...
    Lip service is better than disservice.

I won't criticize Trump for at least trying to please the evangelicals. Its one of the few agreements I have with him.

8. Amen Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.