Donald Trump and Christianity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    He was trying to make DE look stupid for advocating something contrary to what the apostles and Jesus did. I was pointing out that his attempt backfired because he badly misread either DE or scripture.

Most of us don't need any help looking stupid.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Most of us don't need any help looking stupid.
      I resemble that remark.
      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

obp saved dweeb roh from the more savage beating I was about to administer
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I cut quite a lot in Sparko's original post but there was a purpose for doing so. Some people tend to say that with Trump it is all about Trump. I think the parts I left seem to show a man more concerned about establishing his own kingdom than the kingdom of God. This is particularly clear in: "We have tremendous support from the clergy. I think I will be doing very well during the election with evangelicals and with Christians." And:

It does sound a little too strategic and self focused to me. But I could be wrong. Make Trump great again (if he ever was).

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
            I cut quite a lot in Sparko's original post but there was a purpose for doing so. Some people tend to say that with Trump it is all about Trump. I think the parts I left seem to show a man more concerned about establishing his own kingdom than the kingdom of God. This is particularly clear in: "We have tremendous support from the clergy. I think I will be doing very well during the election with evangelicals and with Christians." And:

It does sound a little too strategic and self focused to me. But I could be wrong. Make Trump great again (if he ever was).
            This is some of my concern about Trump - that he's using his perceived "tremendous support from the clergy" to further his own agenda. On the other hand, Hillary's agenda was pretty detrimental to religious liberty, so...
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              This is some of my concern about Trump - that he's using his perceived "tremendous support from the clergy" to further his own agenda. On the other hand, Hillary's agenda was pretty detrimental to religious liberty, so...
              Lip service is better than disservice.

I won't criticize Trump for at least trying to please the evangelicals. Its one of the few agreements I have with him.

Comment