Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

I like Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still on Windows 7.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      I'm still on Windows 7.

All the besterest people are.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        I'm still on Windows 7.

I still am on my desktop.
        ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
          Yesterday I updated my lappy, running IIS, to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. It suddenly developed this problem:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-on-windows-10

I tried the fix and it didn't work. I'm presently taking it back to Windows 8.1.

(But on the other hand, Mr. mossy's computer seems to have taken Windows 10 Fall Creators Update quite well; no problems with his as of yet.)
          I have had hit or miss with windows 10 and older laptops. I have one old Vista laptop that I installed windows 10 on and it worked fine until I tried to install the Creator's Update (the original one not the new Fall update) - when I did that, the screen stopped working. so I went back to the earlier version of 10. I haven't tried the fall creators update yet.

On another one, I have windows 7. I tried updating to windows 10 and it sort of worked but instead of recognizing the ATI graphics card, it only saw it as a generic graphics card. Since I use it for gaming, that wasn't good enough so I went back to windows 7.

On some desktops I have, I installed windows 10 on them and they worked fine.

For me it always seems to be graphics related though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            I have had hit or miss with windows 10 and older laptops. I have one old Vista laptop that I installed windows 10 on and it worked fine until I tried to install the Creator's Update (the original one not the new Fall update) - when I did that, the screen stopped working. so I went back to the earlier version of 10. I haven't tried the fall creators update yet.

On another one, I have windows 7. I tried updating to windows 10 and it sort of worked but instead of recognizing the ATI graphics card, it only saw it as a generic graphics card. Since I use it for gaming, that wasn't good enough so I went back to windows 7.

On some desktops I have, I installed windows 10 on them and they worked fine.

For me it always seems to be graphics related though.
            Yeah, sometimes I use a short video clip embedded in our powerpoints for Church, and after Windows 10, the videos would either play choppy or draggy or not at all. We tried and tried to figure it out, and finally I saw something when I Googled the problem having to do with "if you have multiple video outputs"....

We have a big screen at the back of the auditorium, and two projectors toward the front, so, yeah, multiple outputs. It said "uncheck video acceleration" in Powerpoint.

ONE "uncheck", and problem solved!!!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

My main problem with Windows 10 is when I do a search and hit enter too fast it will sometimes go to web results insted of the thing I'm actually looking for. Also it's kind of slow but that's mostly becos my computer is old.
              Find my speling strange? I'm trying this out: Simplified Speling. Feel free to join me.

"Nature has placed mankind under the governance of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure. It is for them alone to point out what we ought to do, as well as to determine what we shall do."-Jeremy Bentham

"We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."-Orson Scott Card

Comment