Thread: I like Windows 10

Faith
    Slave for Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Classic Shell works great for the look and feel of Win 7

http://www.classicshell.net/
    That's fine for the Start menu and Explorer, but I was talking about a Windows 95/98/ME default-style skin, called the "Windows Classic" theme in XP/Vista/7.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    If you like to game, and you have a better than stock video card, Creator's Update trashes most of them.
    Mr. mossy plays a game called Midnight Castle, and since updating his compy to Windows 10 Creator's Update, I found out that I had to decrease his desktop resolution just so that that game wouldn't crash on him when starting up. That seemed to be the only issue with him, though.
    ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight_spam!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    If you like to game, and you have a better than stock video card, Creator's Update trashes most of them. You have to opt to run it with the lower end generic graphics card driver. I've had to show 5 people I know how to select their generic video card drivers just to play World of Tanks. Plus the antivirus that I bought isn't compatible with Creator Update, and it forces you to buy a newer version. There's some other nasty features, like Cortana eavesdropping on your conversations and customizing your advertising based on what you talk about, Windows Store apps croaking, forcing you to run a PowerShell script to reinstall it, and the ever-popular Edge and Task Manager failing... No thanks. I'm sticking with 1607 until they force me.

huh. I never noticed any of that. But then I don't play games on it other than angry birds. Why does it trash high end graphics cards? That doesn't make sense.

although I do have a surface pro 4 which is all microsoft hardware.
    Last edited by Sparko; 07-24-2017 at 02:07 PM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    huh. I never noticed any of that. But then I don't play games on it other than angry birds. Why does it trash high end graphics cards? That doesn't make sense.
    NVidia cards are particularly susceptible. Whatever Creators Update does, it causes issues ranging from having to reduce resolution to hanging at the BIOS screen on reboot to actual BSODs. Here's a pretty good list of complaints:

https://www.windowscentral.com/windo...nce-complaints

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Dept. of Redundancy Dept. Cow Poke's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    NVidia cards are particularly susceptible. Whatever Creators Update does, it causes issues ranging from having to reduce resolution to hanging at the BIOS screen on reboot to actual BSODs. Here's a pretty good list of complaints:

https://www.windowscentral.com/windo...nce-complaints
    Sounds like they really blew the beta tests (if there were any)

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.