Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Sean Spicer Resigns as White House Press Secretary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    wow
    "wow" as in good or bad?
    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Personally I see that as being combined they set a record not that each element set a record.
      That might be logical, but you're being far too charitable.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Personally I see that as being combined they set a record not that each element set a record.
        EGGzackly, otherwise it'd have to be "the combined audience of...." or something like that.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

But that was not what he said.
          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
            But that was not what he said.
            Maybe he should have said "that depends on what the meaning of "is" is".
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              That might be logical, but you're being far too charitable.
              I agree it is far too charitable. However it cannot be logical given the fact that Spicer said BOTH. If he had said combined it would have been completely different.

Comment

I agree it is far too charitable. However it cannot be logical given the fact that Spicer said BOTH. If he had said combined it would have been completely different.
                who cares? He was either wrong or misspoke. Is it the end of the world? Is the press secretary some sort of Pope of News or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  who cares? He was either wrong or misspoke. Is it the end of the world? Is the press secretary some sort of Pope of News or something?
                  So this is the question you ask when I have made it very clear why he was wrong. When MM claimed he was right you felt no need to ask "who cares?". Or am I misreading you?

Comment

So this is the question you ask when I have made it very clear why he was wrong. When MM claimed he was right you felt no need to ask "who cares?". Or am I misreading you?
                    I am just wondering why this is such a big deal for you to keep arguing it. Let's say he was wrong and you are right. So what?

Comment

I am just wondering why this is such a big deal for you to keep arguing it. Let's say he was wrong and you are right. So what?
                      I guess you could say that for quite many discussions in here.

Personally I see a point in making people aware that they contradict basic logic in order to support someone. And when they call others "braindead" in that context I think it is ok to point to the fact that actually they themselves are making the false claim.

And back then Spicer could have just said he made an error. But he went on to blame the media for wanting to misrepresent him. That was also false, they actually took him by his word. Are you starting to see the point about why this matter in the whole "fake news" discussion? It's a rather good example of how the "alternative fact" approach also goes for "alternative logic" in order to make others appear as fake news or perhaps braindead (). It matters in that context, and I don't remember you stating that that discussion was not important.

Comment

I guess you could say that for quite many discussions in here.

Personally I see a point in making people aware that they contradict basic logic in order to support someone. And when they call others "braindead" in that context I think it is ok to point to the fact that actually they themselves are making the false claim.

And back then Spicer could have just said he made an error. But he went on to blame the media for wanting to misrepresent him. That was also false, they actually took him by his word. Are you starting to see the point about why this matter in the whole "fake news" discussion? It's a rather good example of how the "alternative fact" approach also goes for "alternative logic" in order to make others appear as fake news or perhaps braindead (). It matters in that context, and I don't remember you stating that that discussion was not important.
                        dude, it was a throwaway comment. He wasn't giving a scientific report on crowd sizes.

Comment

dude, it was a throwaway comment. He wasn't giving a scientific report on crowd sizes.
                          dude, how does that change the points I just gave?

Comment

popular-sayings-collection-3-004.jpg

Comment

dude, how does that change the points I just gave?
                              Congratulations! You have won an award.

B0220000LB0000001992525250283IN0000AFA,black-belt-in-nit-picking.jpg

Comment

The liberal fixation with that comment is what my mom refers to as "majoring on the minors".
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment