Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Sean Spicer Resigns as White House Press Secretary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sean Spicer Resigns as White House Press Secretary

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...HYJ?li=BBnb7Kz

Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary, resigned on Friday morning, telling President Trump he vehemently disagreed with the appointment of the New York financier Anthony Scaramucci as communications director.

Mr. Trump offered Mr. Scaramucci the job at 10 a.m. The president requested that Mr. Spicer stay on, but Mr. Spicer told Mr. Trump that he believed the appointment was a major mistake, according to a person with direct knowledge of the exchange.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Oy and Vey
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Sturm und Drang
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Not really surprising. I think he did his best, but he never really seemed comfortable in that position.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Not surprising.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Not really surprising. I think he did his best, but he never really seemed comfortable in that position.
            Yeah......

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            I don't like him.

He seems to get emotional - he's a horrible reader (and he seems to read a lot of his content) - he seems unprepared and nervous.

He just doesn't seem to have the "stage presence" of a public speaker.
            I think he's fine. Par for the course as far as press secretaries go. He'll grow into it as he gets more experience.
            I don't think it's so much a matter of him "not growing", but not realizing how convoluted his job would be.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah......

I don't think it's so much a matter of him "not growing", but not realizing how convoluted his job would be.

Interesting blast from the past reading that older thread. It seems I was unrealistically optimistic way back then that the media was actually interested in doing its job and wouldn't make it their mission to try and unseat a duly elected President of the United States with a constant barrage of lies and deception. My crystal ball failed me. I may need to get a new one.

Comment

Interesting blast from the past reading that older thread. It seems I was unrealistically optimistic way back then that the media was actually interested in doing its job and wouldn't make it their mission to try and unseat a duly elected President of the United States with a constant barrage of lies and deception. My crystal ball failed me. I may need to get a new one.
                I know... you want so hard to believe.... and the liberals want so very badly to destroy.

Comment

I know... you want so hard to believe.... and the liberals want so very badly to destroy.
                  Maybe I was being naive, but I really did think the liberals would get over it and everybody would eventually get on board.

Comment

so is Scaramucci a good pick? I haven't really heard of him before.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      Sounds like something in Bohemian Rhapsody.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                        Sounds like something in Bohemian Rhapsody.
                        Will you do the fandango?

Comment

Trumps lawyer quits too

Comment

Maybe I was being naive, but I really did think the liberals would get over it and everybody would eventually get on board.
                            I think there's just a whole lot more angst in liberals than in conservatives.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              I was pretty impressed with his first presser --- he seemed in control, and quickly pointed out when he couldn't answer a question because he didn't have the facts --- he didn't blather on with a "I know don't know but I'm gonna pretend I do" screed.

I think it's going to be pretty tough for the MSM to get his goat.

Comment