Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Sean Spicer Resigns as White House Press Secretary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    It is only ad hominen if I am trying to use an insult as a replacement for some argument. I was merely expressing my opinion, not making any argument. You really need to study up on fallacies.
    And in this case, in which specific issues are discussed and arguments are made, you are not trying to replace an argument? You are only saying bad things about them for the reason of saying bad things about them?

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
      And in this case, in which specific issues are discussed and arguments are made, you are not trying to replace an argument? You are only saying bad things about them for the reason of saying bad things about them?
      I was making a side-comment about them to someone else. Not making any argument. And not to you. Mind your own business. I am going to start ignoring your whiny complaints.

Comment

I was making a side-comment about them to someone else. Not making any argument. And not to you. Mind your own business. I am going to start ignoring your whiny complaints.
        Chuck is so desperate to score "points" that he attacks every comment as if it's intended to be a substantive argument.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          He'll be fine. He will finish out his term and then probably lose to whoever the Repubs put up against him. Or I could be wrong, and he could win it all again.
          I'm really hoping he will give his blessings to Pence to run.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Chuck is so desperate to score "points" that he attacks every comment as if it's intended to be a substantive argument.
            It is just that I find it rather obvious that personal attacks of the sort Sparko made are meant to imply that we need not listen to these persons arguments at all since they are crazy (which is ad hominem). That is a wrong conclusion in my opinion. And it may lead others to wrong conclusions as well.

Comment

It is only ad hominen if I am trying to use an insult as a replacement for some argument. I was merely expressing my opinion, not making any argument. You really need to study up on fallacies.
              It is broader than that. You need to check your dictionary.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/ad-hominem

Comment

It is just that I find it rather obvious that personal attacks of the sort Sparko made are meant to imply that we need not listen to these persons arguments at all since they are crazy (which is ad hominem). That is a wrong conclusion in my opinion. And it may lead others to wrong conclusions as well.
                We should not listen to you because you are a whiny liberal who just likes to complain about everything to cause distractions.

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                  Unfortunately there is evidence of Trump's stupidity especially after Donald Trump Jr. Tweeted a large dump of supposedly "secret" emails. My guess is that would be why everyone is Jumping Ship. They don't want to take the fall for the Trump's stupidity. Which as I understand, the last idiot thing out of his mouth was threatening to fire Tom Price at a Boy Scout Jambouree. His big Mouth is getting him buried deeper and deeper in a pile of horsepoo and it makes things he IS covering up look even worse. Chances are very high that its going to be his own demise.
                  That was clearly an off-the-cuff joke. Not a big deal. The egregiously abusive treatment of Sessions is much worse.

And I'm someone who dislikes Sessions as a weird little fascist turd.
                  Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Why do you think it is a "personal attack"? Is it possible, in your opinion, to say anything negative about someone without it being a "personal attack"?
                    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      Arguing with Tassman and JimL is like arguing with someone with alzheimer's. You can tell them, even prove it to them, one time and then come back a week or two later and they act like it never happened and just repeat their nonsense yet again.
                      You can tell us, or believe you proved to us, whatever nonsense you want, but the fact that you believe your nonsense doesn't make your nonsense true. We don't come back in a week or two later and act like you never uttered your nonsense, we just come back a week or two later to see that you are still uttering the same nonsense.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        Be sure to let me know when you find any evidence of that.
                        You'd like to think so, wouldn't you?
                        I would prefer that there had been no collusion with a hostile power to begin with

Comment

Arguing with Tassman and JimL is like arguing with someone with alzheimer's. You can tell them, even prove it to them, one time and then come back a week or two later and they act like it never happened and just repeat their nonsense yet again.
                          Here's where you go wrong Sparky. You think that your "proofs" are actually meaningful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                            Here's where you go wrong Sparky. You think that your "proofs" are actually meaningful.
                            I am talking about things like giving you CNN articles where they freaking ADMIT to posting fake news and you and JimL coming back and pretending it never happened.

Comment

I am talking about things like giving you CNN articles where they freaking ADMIT to posting fake news and you and JimL coming back and pretending it never happened.
                              Well, that's balogna. But the the problem Sparky is that you cherry pick an errant story here or there, ignore the hundreds of true stories, and use that one story to paint the whole of the news media, the news media that that is essential for democracy, with the same "fake brush." This is exactly the kind of thinking that the autocrat hopes to instill in you; "Its all fake news, don't listen to them, its all lies, listen to me, only I will tell you the truth." Trump is the real fake news distributer, and that doesn't bother you people at all. So it isn't the MSM, it isn't fake news that you're worried about, its actually the truth getting out that all you Trump supporters are worried about.
                              Last edited by JimL; 07-27-2017, 08:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                You can tell us, or believe you proved to us, whatever nonsense you want, but the fact that you believe your nonsense doesn't make your nonsense true. We don't come back in a week or two later and act like you never uttered your nonsense, we just come back a week or two later to see that you are still uttering the same nonsense.
                                Nonsense.
                                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment