Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Sean Spicer Resigns as White House Press Secretary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"There are doctors who help people who have done bad things; there are lawyers who defend bad people. I don't think it's unique to my profession." Sean Spicer
    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
      It was said in support of his absurd statement about crowd size at the inaguration.
      It wasn't an absurd statement, Chuck, because the media deliberately and deceptively downplayed the size of Trump's inauguration crowd in an attempt to embarrass the new President.

But that was all covered in a previous thread, so I'm not going to rehash it.

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...ion-crowd-size
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Of course what he meant is that the media doesn't have a monopoly on the facts. Or as King Solomon put it, "A man's story may seem convincing, until someone else comes along to challenge it."
        There are "facts" and, thanks to Kellyanne Conway's famous admission, there are "alternative facts"...the latter being the speciality of Trump and his spin doctors.
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

It wasn't an absurd statement, Chuck, because the media deliberately and deceptively downplayed the size of Trump's inauguration crowd in an attempt to embarrass the new President.

But that was all covered in a previous thread, so I'm not going to rehash it.

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...ion-crowd-size
          I read that a long time ago. And in it you said: "I'm not disputing that Obama's first inauguration was a larger draw. I'm simply pointing out that Trump's crowd was much larger than the media is deceptively reporting."

And Sean Spicer said it was “the largest audience ever to witness an inauguration, period, both in person and around the globe”.
          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Nonsense! Spicer and the other hapless Trump advocates, stuck with the unenviable task of massaging Trump's lies, claimed that it was the largest inauguration crowd ever. This despite the clear visual evidence that this was not true.
            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              There are "facts" and, thanks to Kellyanne Conway's famous admission, there are "alternative facts"...the latter being the speciality of Trump and his spin doctors.
              Only someone of questionable personal honesty and with a strong preexisting bias against Baby-Hands and his whole team would find the term "alternative facts" objectionable. I can scarcely think of a more accurate and concise description for sets of data whose most natural descriptions lead to opposite conclusions. That kind of crap leads to, e.g., "Eggs are bad!" "No! Eggs are super-foods!"

Pertinent to the matter at hand:

Fact -- Leaks reveal Sessions was recorded talking with a Russian representative about campaign matters.

Alternative Fact -- Leaks reveal Russian representatives on tape *claiming* to have spoken with Sessions about campaign matters.
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                Only someone of questionable personal honesty and with a strong preexisting bias against Baby-Hands and his whole team would find the term "alternative facts" objectionable. I can scarcely think of a more accurate and concise description for sets of data whose most natural descriptions lead to opposite conclusions. That kind of crap leads to, e.g., "Eggs are bad!" "No! Eggs are super-foods!"

Pertinent to the matter at hand:

Fact -- Leaks reveal Sessions was recorded talking with a Russian representative about campaign matters.

Alternative Fact -- Leaks reveal Russian representatives on tape *claiming* to have spoken with Sessions about campaign matters.
                Fact -- the media reported the latter, therefore you are an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                  Nonsense! Spicer and the other hapless Trump advocates, stuck with the unenviable task of massaging Trump's lies, claimed that it was the largest inauguration crowd ever. This despite the clear visual evidence that this was not true.
                  Maybe he meant there were more fat people there than ever before!

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    Fact -- the media reported the latter, therefore you are an idiot.
                    And now, you choose to believe a Russian official when it suits your needs...
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                      He wasn't talking about in-person attendance only but also people watching on television and live-streaming over the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckes View Post
                        I read that a long time ago. And in it you said: "I'm not disputing that Obama's first inauguration was a larger draw. I'm simply pointing out that Trump's crowd was much larger than the media is deceptively reporting."

And Sean Spicer said it was “the largest audience ever to witness an inauguration, period, both in person and around the globe”.
                        Yes. An unprecedented number of people around the world watched the inauguration on television and over the internet, so the combined audience was the largest in US history. It's only braindead liberals who see this statement as controversial.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                          And now, you choose to believe a Russian official when it suits your needs...
                          Who said that I believed what the Russian officials who were picked up on the recording stated? All I said was that that was what the media reported. I suspect that it probably is true, but I also suspect, that whether it is true or not, the Russians only let it out now in order to give Trump the reason he needs to fire Sessions if he sees it as an advantage to shutting down the investigation. Notice how this info came out just after Trump spoke with the N Y Times saying how he wished he had never appointed Sessions because of his recusing himself from the Russia investigation. Trump may need someone who can fire Mueller, and Sessions can't do that now because of his recusal.

Comment

Yes. An unprecedented number of people around the world watched the inauguration on television and over the internet, so the combined audience was the largest in US history. It's only braindead liberals who see this statement as controversial.
                            Or those who go for basic logic.

Spicer said "both in person and around the globe". That means it would have to be most BOTH in person AND around the globe. The first one was false, and in logic if you say BOTH A and B, then both A and B have to be true. Or else the statement is simply false.

Let’s say you are on your way to your favorite restaurant and I say “I can give you a better experience BOTH when it comes to food AND drinks”. And then I end up only giving better drinks but far worse food. Would you follow traditional logic or Spicer logic in that case?

The fact that you call people who go for logic as simple as this "braindead liberals" shows how far you are willing to go in order to defend Trump. Not even logic applies?

Comment

Spicer said "both in person and around the globe". That means it would have to be most BOTH in person AND around the globe. The first one was false, and in logic if you say BOTH A and B, then both A and B have to be true. Or else the statement is simply false.

Let’s say you are on your way to your favorite restaurant and I say “I can give you a better experience BOTH when it comes to food AND drinks”. And then I end up only giving better drinks but far worse food. Would you follow traditional logic or Spicer logic in that case?

The fact that you call people who go for logic as simple as this "braindead liberals" shows how far you are willing to go in order to defend Trump. Not even logic applies?
                              wow
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Personally I see that as being combined they set a record not that each element set a record.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment