No announcement yet.

Commentary Thread: Is the Bible Inspired by God

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And note the time span between there dating and discovery.
    Should be, ". . . And note the time span between their dating and discovery."
    . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

37818 writing "God is invisible. God is seen through His mediator. "No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared [Him]." -- John 1:18. ". . . he that hath seen Me hath seen the Father; . . ." -- the Prophet Jesus, John 14:9" does not solve the problem between 1 Timothy 6:16 that says "God CANNOT be seen" whereas Matthew 5:8 "those pure in heart shall SEE God"

Comment

Originally posted by Same Hakeem View Post
        37818 writing "God is invisible. God is seen through His mediator. "No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared [Him]." -- John 1:18. ". . . he that hath seen Me hath seen the Father; . . ." -- the Prophet Jesus, John 14:9" does not solve the problem between 1 Timothy 6:16 that says "God CANNOT be seen" whereas Matthew 5:8 "those pure in heart shall SEE God"
        Can not now doesn't mean never will. You've already had this pointed out to you if I'm remembering right. You've also never admitted that if the Bible has contradictions in it, by your standard of "contradiction" then the Quran is even worse.

Comment

Cerebrum123 claiming "Can not now doesn't mean never will" does not solve the problem of the existence of contradictions in this regard. 1 Timothy 6:16 says "no one has seen God nor can seen God" whereas Job in Job 42:5 said to God "My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you"

The flat out contradiction in the Bible is where 2 Kings 8:26 says "Ahaziah was 22 years old when he began to rule" ; however, 2 Chronicles 22:2 says "Ahaziah was 42 years old when he began to rule" according to JPS Tanakh (https://biblehub.com/jps/2_chronicles/22.htm)
          Last edited by Same Hakeem; 09-24-2018, 11:15 AM.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X