This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debate Thread: Is the Bible Inspired by God? Hakeem v. 37818

This thread is for a formal debate between Hakeem and 37818. It is strictly for the two of them.

37818 is taking the affirmative and will be going first and Hakeem will be taking the negative and going second.

Please address commentary to the commentary thread located here:
    http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...y-God&p=462202
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Is the Bible inspired by God?

Yes - in that the Bible being 66 books which were God-breathed. Consisting of some 40 different human writers whom God chose to write His words.

Of the 66 books, 39 of the writings are of the Hebrew Old Covenant. 27 of the writings are of the New Covenant.

The 39 Hebrew writings are the same 24 writings of the Jewish Tanakh/Bible.

The Torah/the Law, 5 books:
    Genesis
    Exodus
    Leviticus
    Numbers
    Deuteronomy

The Prophets:
    Former Prophets, 4 books:.
    Joshua
    Judges
    Samuel
    Kings
    Latter Prophets, 4 books:
    Isaiah
    Jeremiah
    Ezekiel
    The Twelve Prophets

The Writings:
    Poetical Books, 3:
    Psalms
    Job
    Proverbs
    Five Scrolls, 5:
    Ruth
    Song of Songs
    Ecclesiastes
    Lamentations
    Esther
    Historical Books, 3:
    Daniel
    Ezra-Nehemiah
    Chronicles.

As the 39 books:
    The Law 5 books:
    Genesis
    Exodus
    Leviticus
    Numbers
    Deuteronomy

Poetry 5 books:
    Job
    Psalms (of which there are 150 each)
    Proverbs
    Ecclesiastes
    Song of Solomon

History 12 books:
    Joshua
    Judges
    Ruth
    1 Samuel
    2 Samuel
    1 Kings
    2 Kings
    1 Chronicles
    2 Chronicles
    Ezra
    Nehemiah
    Esther

Prophets 17 books:
    Major Prophets 5 books:
    Isaiah
    Jeremiah
    Lamentations
    Ezekiel
    Daniel
    Minor Prophets 12 books:
    Hosea
    Joel
    Amos
    Obadiah
    Jonah
    Micah
    Nahum
    Habakkuk
    Zephaniah
    Haggai
    Zechariah
    Malachi

Now the New Covenant 27 books:
    Gospels 4 books:
    Matthew
    Mark
    Luke
    John

History 1 book:
    Acts - written by Luke as a continuation of his gospel account.

Letters 21 books:
    Written by the Apostle Paul, 13 books:

Romans
    1 Corinthians
    2 Corinthians
    Galatians
    Colossians
    1 Thessalonians
    2 Thessalonians
    1 Timothy
    2 Timothy
    Titus
    Philemon
    General letters, 8 books:
    Hebrews
    James
    1 Peter
    2 Peter
    1 John
    2 John
    3 John
    Jude

Prophecy, 1 book;
    Revelation

All 66 books were God-breathed writings upon being written. They were received as such by the people of Israel and Christians, as the respective writings were given to each respective person or group. And handed down, and copies made, and handed down. And became the collection of writings we now call the Bible.

Our concept of inspiration being God-breathed was expressed through the Apostle Paul in his second letter to Timothy.
    ". . . And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works."

(2 Timothy 3:15-17)

The Greek translated "inspiration of God" means literally "God-breathed."

God's revelation is both in His creation and special revelation, His written word given to man.

Genesis 1:1, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."

And it is in this first written book of the Law called Genesis is where God is revealed that He spoke to His creation "Let there be light" (Genesis 1:3).

And God spoke and made promises to Abraham. "Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee: And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed" (Genesis 12:1-3).

Without the Genesis the first book of the Law we would not know of Abraham or of his descendants.

In the second book of the Law God spoke to Moses saying, " I [am] the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob" (Exodus 3:6).

In the fifth book of the Law, God said, ". . . know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every [word] that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live" (Deuteronomy 8:3).

By all the word of God man must live. However it was given by God in the original, that is the word of God man must live by. Not men's private interpretation, not the accidental or deliberate alterations in the copies of what was originally written, nor that of any translators' altered version of it. But what God's word was as He originally gave it, that word man must live by.

The Apostle Paul wrote in his letter to the Roman church that God's word is our basis of belief, ". . . So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world. . ." (Romans 10:16-17).

The Apostle is citing from the 19th Psalm as a sacred writing given by God, "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the sky sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. [There is] no speech nor language, [where] their voice is not heard. Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. . ." (Psalm 19:1-4).

So faith comes from God's word spoken through His creation. What we call natural revelation. All of nature and the laws of physics which governs our universe. It is the same God-breathed word by which He gives us His written word.

Our Prophet Jesus in prayer to God that night, He was betrayed, said, ". . . Sanctify them through Thy truth: Thy word is truth. . ." (John 17:17).

Truth from God is the only valid basis for any beliefs. Whether it be from study of science or from the sacred writings.

God told His prophet Isaiah, ". . . So shall My word be that goeth forth out of My mouth: it shall not return unto Me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper [in the thing] whereto I sent it. . ." (Isaiah 55:11).

Now the sacred writings were God's word being as God originally spoke them, whether directly as God stated or though His chosen as He giving them their own words to speak, or the citing what was said by another person or entity.

The Psalmist states that God preserves His word eternally, "For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven" (Psalm 119:89).

God's Law forbids the alteration of His word, "What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it" (Deuteronomy 12:32).

In Proverbs this promise and warning is found, "Every word of God [is] pure: he [is] a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar" (Proverbs 30:5-6).

The Prophet Jesus taught the unbelievers that would not hear God's word, "He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear [them] not, because ye are not of God" (John 8:47).

And those who would not believe the Prophet Jesus, Jesus said to them, "For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed Me: for he wrote of Me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe My word?" (John 5:46-47.)

God told Moses, "I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put My words in His mouth; and He shall speak unto them all that I shall command Him. And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever will not hearken unto My words which He shall speak in My name, I will require [it] of him" (Deuteronomy 18:18-19).

Now the Prophet Jesus was spoken to be, to be born of a woman by the same word of God which gave us creation and gave us the sacred writings. God gave Isaiah the prophet these words, "Therefore the Lord Himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a *virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel" (Isaiah 7:14).

* The Hebrew meaning a chaste young woman. In Matthew's gospel account God Himself translates the word to mean virgin (Matthew 2:23).

In summary:

God breathed the words for all of the books of the Bible.

Man must live by all of God's words whether they be natural revelation or written revelation or
    the person of the Prophet Jesus.

Misinterpretation of God's written word, copyist errors, whether accidental or deliberate, or translation variants do not change what God gave as His word. Man must live by God's word as God gave it.

The Bible is God's word as God gave it, not as how it may have been changed for whatever reason.
    . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Dear all,

First, let me thank all of you and in particular 37818 for accepting to debate me on this topic.

To make this debate useful for all, I would like to set the criteria for how to know that a certain book is inspired by God.

I have two criteria at least to start with. These criteria are from the Bible as follows;

1. False prophecies cannot be inspired by God. This is evident in Deuteronomy 18:20-22 (NIV);

"20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, is to be put to death.” 21 You may say to yourselves, “How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the Lord?” 22 If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously, so do not be alarmed."

2. Contradictions cannot be inspired. This is according to 1 Corinthians 14:33 (NIV);

"For God is not a God of disorder but of peace—as in all the congregations of the Lord’s people."

as well as Proverbs 30:5 (NIV);

"Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him."

Having established the criteria, I would to test the Bible against these two above-mentioned criterion.

Starting with the first criterion that false prophecies cannot be inspired by God, while it is true that certain prophecies in the Bible came true certain other prophecies were either unfullfilled or fullfilled incorrect as will be shown below;

1. Jermaiah 22:30 (KJV) says, "Thus saith the LORD, Write ye this man (Jeconiah) childless, a man that shall not prosper in his days: for no man of his seed shall prosper, sitting upon the throne of David, and ruling any more in Judah."

According to the prophecy of Jermaiah 22:30, Jeconiah could not be descendant that could sit upon the throne of David. However, Matthew 1:11 & 16 shows that Jesus is one of Jeconiah's descendant. So, Jesus could not sit upon the throne of David. However, Luke 1:32 says, "the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David"

2. Genesis 35:10 says, "God said unto him (Jacob), Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel." This is false prophecy because later in Genesis 46:2, "God spoke unto Israel in the visions of the night, and said, Jacob, Jacob. And Jacob said, Here am I."

3. In 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 (KJV), Paul said, "16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

This is another false prophecy. Paul declared that Paul himself and others then living would remail alive and be taken up in the air to meet Jesus as it is evident in the use of " we" by Paul. But nothing of the sort took place.

4. John 7:52 (KJV) says, "They answered and said unto him, Art thou also of Galilee? Search, and look: for out of Galilee ariseth no prophet." However, several Jewish prophits such Jonah, were from Galilee.

5. Genesis 15:18 (KJV) says, " In the same day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:"

This is false prophecy because Israel territory never extended upto this day to the Euphrates.

6. Joel 3:17 (KJV) says, "So shall ye know that I am the Lord your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more."

It is well known that strangers always passed and continue to pass through Jerusalem. So, this is a false prophecy.

7. Zephaniah 3:13 (KJV) says, "The remnant of Israel shall not do iniquity, nor speak lies; neither shall a deceitful tongue be found in their mouth:"

Like others, the remnant of Israel never stopped and will never stop to do iniquity and to speak lies. Hence, this prophecy is false.

8. Isaiah 34:8-10 (NKJV) says,

"8 For it is the day of the Lord’s vengeance,
      The year of recompense for the cause of Zion.
      9 Its streams shall be turned into pitch,
      And its dust into brimstone;
      Its land shall become burning pitch.
      10 It shall not be quenched night or day;
      Its smoke shall ascend forever.
      From generation to generation it shall lie waste;
      No one shall pass through it forever and ever."

It is a fact that people continue to pass through Edom to this day. Hence, this is another false prophecy.

9. 2 Samuel 7:10 (KJV) says,

"Moreover I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime,"

It is a fact this prophecy is false as violent men afflict Jews even in modren Isreal.

10. Matthew 1:23 (KJV) says,

"Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us."

This is obviously a false prophecy because Jesus was never called “Immanuel” as per the prophecy. According to the Bible, she named him Jesus following instructions by the angel of God. Matthew 1:25 “but kept her a virgin until she gave birth to a son; and he called His name Jesus.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hakeem View Post
        . . . I would like to set the criteria for how to know that a certain book is inspired by God.

I have two criteria at least to start with. These criteria are from the Bible as follows;

1. False prophecies cannot be inspired by God. This is evident in Deuteronomy 18:20-22 (NIV);

"20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, is to be put to death.” 21 You may say to yourselves, “How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the Lord?” 22 If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously, so do not be alarmed."

2. Contradictions cannot be inspired. This is according to 1 Corinthians 14:33 (NIV);

"For God is not a God of disorder but of peace—as in all the congregations of the Lord’s people."

as well as Proverbs 30:5 (NIV);

"Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him."
        Your opening arguments cite from 3 books of the 66 book Bible as being authorative regarding writings being God-breathed - effectively conceding them to be God-breathed written documents.

Having established the criteria, I would to test the Bible against these two above-mentioned criterion.

Starting with the first criterion that false prophecies cannot be inspired by God, while it is true that certain prophecies in the Bible came true certain other prophecies were either unfullfilled or fullfilled incorrect as will be shown below;

1. Jermaiah 22:30 (KJV) says, "Thus saith the LORD, Write ye this man (Jeconiah) childless, a man that shall not prosper in his days: for no man of his seed shall prosper, sitting upon the throne of David, and ruling any more in Judah."

According to the prophecy of Jermaiah 22:30, Jeconiah could not be descendant that could sit upon the throne of David. However, Matthew 1:11 & 16 shows that Jesus is one of Jeconiah's descendant. So, Jesus could not sit upon the throne of David. However, Luke 1:32 says, "the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David"
        It is known by Bible Christians that the descendants from Jeconiah, of whom God will not allow to sit on David's throne. This is regarded as another prophecy which makes it necessary that Jesus be born of a mother without a human father. Now Joseph was of the lineage of David through David's son Solomon (Matthew 1:6) giving Joseph the "legal" right to David's throne. But is God's promise which forbids descendants of Jeconiah from ever sitting on David's throne. Now Jesus' mother was a descendant of David through Nathan (Luke 3:31). Making Joseph [the son] of Heli in being the son in law of Heli (Luke 3:23). So even though Jesus was born of Mary without a human father according to the God-breathed word, Joseph was by marriage Jesus' legal parent, giving Jesus the legal right to David's throne per God's promise.

2. Genesis 35:10 says, "God said unto him (Jacob), Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel." This is false prophecy because later in Genesis 46:2, "God spoke unto Israel in the visions of the night, and said, Jacob, Jacob. And Jacob said, Here am I."
        You are not understanding God's name change of Jacob to Israel. God would still address Israel as Jacob when Israel was not trusting God in submission, so in this then God would indeed call Israel Jacob when Israel was not being in submission. Israel was being afraid, God had to reassure Israel.

". . . And Israel took his journey with all that he had, and came to Beersheba, and offered sacrifices unto the God of his father Isaac. And God spake unto Israel in the visions of the night, and said, Jacob, Jacob. And he said, Here [am] I. And he said, I [am] God, the God of thy father: fear not to go down into Egypt; for I will there make of thee a great nation: I will go down with thee into Egypt; and I will also surely bring thee up [again]: and Joseph shall put his hand upon thine eyes. And Jacob rose up from Beersheba: and the sons of Israel carried Jacob their father, and their little ones, and their wives, in the wagons which Pharaoh had sent to carry him. . . ." -- Genesis 46:1-5.

The text and context affirms Jacob' name is indeed changed to Israel. And so it is today that the people and nation are not called Jacob, but are called Israel.

3. In 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 (KJV), Paul said, "16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

This is another false prophecy. Paul declared that Paul himself and others then living would remain alive and be taken up in the air to meet Jesus as it is evident in the use of " we" by Paul. But nothing of the sort took place.
        The plural "we" is not limited to Paul and those living when Paul wrote. The "we" refers to "believers" who remain alive at the Lord's coming.
        ". . . Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. . . ." -- 1 Corinthians 15:52-53.

4. John 7:52 (KJV) says, "They answered and said unto him, Art thou also of Galilee? Search, and look: for out of Galilee ariseth no prophet." However, several Jewish prophits such Jonah, were from Galilee.
        Men were saying this. God recorded what men said.

5. Genesis 15:18 (KJV) says, " In the same day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:"

This is false prophecy because Israel territory never extended upto this day to the Euphrates.
        The prophet Moses is responsible for Genesis. And God gave the same promise to Moses and Joshua.

". . . Turn you, and take your journey, and go to the mount of the Amorites, and unto all [the places] nigh thereunto, in the plain, in the hills, and in the vale, and in the south, and by the sea side, to the land of the Canaanites, and unto Lebanon, unto the great river, the river Euphrates. Behold, I have set the land before you: go in and possess the land which the LORD sware unto your fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give unto them and to their seed after them. . . ." -- Deuteronomy 1:7-8.

". . . Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses. From the wilderness and this Lebanon even unto the great river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and unto the great sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your coast. . . ." -- Joshua 1:3-4.

". . . David smote also Hadadezer, the son of Rehob, king of Zobah, as he went to recover his border at the river Euphrates. . . ." 2 Samuel 8:3.

". . . And Solomon reigned over all kingdoms from the *river unto the land of the Philistines, and unto the border of Egypt: they brought presents, and served Solomon all the days of his life. . . . _ . . . For he had dominion over all [the region] on this side the *river, from Tiphsah even to Azzah, over all the kings on this side the *river: and he had peace on all sides round about him. . . ." -- ! Kings 4:21-24.

*river -- Euphrates. Historically Solomon's kingdom bordered the Euphrates river.

6. Joel 3:17 (KJV) says, "So shall ye know that I am the Lord your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more."

It is well known that strangers always passed and continue to pass through Jerusalem. So, this is a false prophecy.
        That is to be understood to be yet future.
        Its final fulfillment will be in the new heaven and earth:
        "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. . . . _ . . . the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, . . . _ . . . And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither [whatsoever] worketh abomination, or [maketh] a lie: . . ." -- Revelation 21:1, 10, 27.

7. Zephaniah 3:13 (KJV) says, "The remnant of Israel shall not do iniquity, nor speak lies; neither shall a deceitful tongue be found in their mouth:"

Like others, the remnant of Israel never stopped and will never stop to do iniquity and to speak lies. Hence, this prophecy is false.
        Again, this is of the prophecy of in the new heaven and earth.

8. Isaiah 34:8-10 (NKJV) says,

"8 For it is the day of the Lord’s vengeance,
        The year of recompense for the cause of Zion.
        9 Its streams shall be turned into pitch,
        And its dust into brimstone;
        Its land shall become burning pitch.
        10 It shall not be quenched night or day;
        Its smoke shall ascend forever.
        From generation to generation it shall lie waste;
        No one shall pass through it forever and ever."

It is a fact that people continue to pass through Edom to this day. Hence, this is another false prophecy.
        And again a fact, you are citing another prophecy of the future.

9. 2 Samuel 7:10 (KJV) says,

"Moreover I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime,"

It is a fact this prophecy is false as violent men afflict Jews even in modren Isreal.
        And again, another prophecy with a yet future fulfillment.

Your arguments, items numbered 6-9, fall under the topic of eschatology.

10. Matthew 1:23 (KJV) says,

"Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us."

This is obviously a false prophecy because Jesus was never called “Immanuel” as per the prophecy. According to the Bible, she named him Jesus following instructions by the angel of God. Matthew 1:25 “but kept her a virgin until she gave birth to a son; and he called His name Jesus.”
        First, Joseph and Mary were instructed to call the child born to them by the given name, Jesus (Matthew 1:21; Luke 1:31). Second, since the citing of the prophecy of being called Immanuel for the one whose given name is Jesus, Jesus has been called Immanuel. By Christians all over the world, to this day refer to Jesus as Immanuel.
        Last edited by Bill the Cat; 08-08-2017, 06:13 PM.
        . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Thanks 31787 for attempting to address the unfullfiled prophecies in the Bible that I listed.

*I would like to go on and test the Bible against the second creterion that contradictions and flaws cannot inspired by God as per 1 Corinthians 14:33 and Proverbs 30:5.

However, the fact is that contradictions, flaws and errors exist in the Bible.

1. How old was Ahaziah when he began to rule over Jerusalem?

(a) Twenty-two (2 Kings 8:26)
          (b) Forty-two (2 Chronicles 22:2)

2. How old was Jehoiachin when he became king of Jerusalem?

(a) Eighteen (2 Kings 24:8)
          (b) Eight (2 Chronicles 36:9)

3. Was Jairus’ daughter dead or dying when he came to see Jesus?

(a) She was DYING (Luke 8:41–42)
          (b) She was DEAD (Matthew 9:18)

4. Is God Just?

(a) God is Just (Deuteronomy 32:4 )
          (B) God orders to kill little children (Ezekiel 9:5-7);

“Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, “Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked.* Show no mercy; have no pity!* Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children.* But do not touch anyone with the mark.* Begin your task right here at the Temple.”* So they began by killing the seventy leaders.* “Defile the Temple!” the LORD commanded.* “Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill!* Go!”* So they went throughout the city and did as they were told.” (Ezekiel 9:5-7)

5. Is God love?

(a). Yes (1 John 4:8)
          (b). He orders to kill infants and children (1 Samuel 15:1-3);

"15 Samuel said to Saul, “I am the one the Lord sent to anoint you king over his people Israel; so listen now to the message from the Lord. 2 This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. 3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’”

6. Can Sinless Die for Guilty?

(a) No* (Ezekiel 18:1)
          (b) Yes (1 Corinthians 15:3) but 1 Peter 2:22 says "he (Jesus) committed no sin"

7. Can God be seen?

(a) No (1 Timothy 6:16)
          (b) Yes (Exodus 24: 9-10)

8. Has anyone seen God?

(a) No (1 Timothy 6:16)
          (b) Yes (Exodus 24: 9-10)

9. Can God Do Anything?

(a) No (Titus 1:2 & Hebrews 6:18)
          (b) Yes (Job 42:1-2)

10. Is God Merciful?
          (a) Yes (Deuteronomy 4:31)
          (b) No (1 Samuel 15:2-3 & Ezekiel 9:5-6); he orders to kill infants and suckling as quoted above.

11. Was Jesus the first to rise from the dead?

(a) Yes (Acts 26:23)
          (b) No (Matthew 9:50-53)

But even if we decide to say that Proverbs 30:5* says "every word of God is pure", still the Bibe does not pass the test of purity as evident from the following verses from the Songs of Songs book in the Bible;

"Your two breasts are like two fawns, twins of a gazelle, that feed among the lilies." (NRSV 4:5)

"How fair and pleasant you are, O loved one, delectable maiden! You are stately as a palm tree, and your breasts are like its clusters. I say I will climb the palm tree and lay hold of its branches. Oh, may your breasts be like clusters of the vine, and the scent of your breath like apples, and your kisses like the best wine that goes down smoothly, gliding over lips and teeth. (NRSV 7:6-9)"

My challenge for you to preach these verses to girls without telling these girls that these verses are from the Bible then ask them if they believe that these verses can be from God or can be read in a church. Please video record it.

In your second post, you indicated that these prophecies will be fullfilled in future. But this is only true if such prophcies are not contradicted. For example, in Genesis 35:10 God says to Jacob "you will not be called any more Jacob" but later in Genesis 46:2* called him "Jacob Jacob". This is a contradiction.

Another example, Jesus said in Luke 13:33 " for a prophet cannot die outside Jerusalem" but Jesus cross on which he hanged was outside Jerusalem according to John 19:20 which says " they crucified him near the city (i.e. Jerusalem)." Near never means inside.

Comment

Moderated By: Bill the Cat

Since the agreed upon rounds are over, this thread is closed. No further posts will be allowed. Participants may now comment in the commentary thread

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
            Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X