Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

You White Racist Women!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
    He also said: "In seven years of living and walking here, I've found that most people walk courteously — but that white women, at least when I'm in their path, do not." So it seems he does not agree with the "everybody acts like that" statement.
    Having visited New York City on multiple occasions, I can tell you from firsthand experience that his description of how white women behave is par for the course for the general population. Most people don't even bother to turn their bodies through a tight gap, so getting your shoulders bumped is commonplace, and you almost never receive an apology, and if you do, it's probably a tourist. The fact that he the author of this screed only notices this behavior in white women is curious.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
      If you can give me some facts to make that seem likely I will look into it. So far it is your word against his.
      I'm curious, would you be so quick to defend the author if he was a white male broadly criticizing black people?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        I'm curious, would you be so quick to defend the author if he was a white male broadly criticizing black people?
        How can asking for facts be a defence? Even suggesting that seems a bit biased. So far I have quoted the man and asked for facts to avoid the his words against your words situation.
        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
          If you can give me some facts to make that seem likely I will look into it. So far it is your word against his.
          Visit New York. See for yourself. Do your own research. I couldn't care less if you believe me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            In my experience, white women tend to be a bit afraid of black men walking toward them on New York sidewalks and if they didn't try to avoid him, he should take it as a sign of respect instead of fear. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Visit New York. See for yourself. Do your own research. I couldn't care less if you believe me.
              Ok. Then why did you bother writing?
              "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Ok. Then why did you bother writing?
                I told you of my experience to correct your ideas. I don't care if you believe me or not. That is up to you. You obviously don't want to believe that is why you begin demanding "proof" - well go do your own research. You would not believe anything I presented anyway. Perhaps watch some youtube videos of New York? New Yorkers are famous for being rude.

Comment

New Yorkers are famous for being rude.
                  You misspelled "racist and oppressive."
                  I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I told you of my experience to correct your ideas. I don't care if you believe me or not. That is up to you. You obviously don't want to believe that is why you begin demanding "proof" - well go do your own research. You would not believe anything I presented anyway. Perhaps watch some youtube videos of New York? New Yorkers are famous for being rude.
                    I guess it is fair to ask for proof in a word against word situation. You seem rather frustrated that I do not take your word over his. I still don't see how asking for facts or proof in this situation can be a bad think unless you are a bit biased.

Comment

I guess it is fair to ask for proof in a word against word situation. You seem rather frustrated that I do not take your word over his. I still don't see how asking for facts or proof in this situation can be a bad think unless you are a bit biased.
                      Why don't you demand proof from the guy who made the claim in the article?

Comment

How can asking for facts be a defence? Even suggesting that seems a bit biased. So far I have quoted the man and asked for facts to avoid the his words against your words situation.
                        Dude, seriously. People slam into each other all the time in NYC - and especially men. Heck, they even named the phenomenon "manslamming"

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/01/n...sidewalks.html
                        http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...mp-into-3.html
                        https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...mp-into-people
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                          Dude, seriously. People slam into each other all the time in NYC - and especially men. Heck, they even named the phenomenon "manslamming"

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/01/n...sidewalks.html
                          http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...mp-into-3.html
                          https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...mp-into-people
                          Learn something new every day. Thanks for the mansplanation, BtC.
                          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I'm not sure who you think you're fooling.

Comment

You expect a scientific study? What more proof can you expect than peoples personal experience compared to the experience of the guy making the claim?
                              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

It's pretty common knowledge that most New Yorkers are quite rude and have no issue with bumping into you while walking around. This is something that pretty much everyone, except you apparently, knows.
                                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment