Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.07.25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.07.25

Glory Seed Devotional’s, 2017: Anticipating and Experiencing Jehovah-Jireh...
    Keep on keeping on...
    Shalom!

“And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him. Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.” (Colossians 2:6–7, NLT)

Shortly after my pulmonary doctor informed Patti and I that my pulmonary fibrosis may have taken a turn for the worse unknowingly the 3D’s (Discouragement, Disconnectedness, Depression) corralled me and pulled me into their deadly snare. They accomplished that by using one of the deadliest tricks used to pull us down, distraction. Once they persuade us to look away from Jesus, even for a minute they suck us in. However, as Christians we have access to the Holy Spirit who will only let us go with the 3D’s as far as God allows us to go. When we reach that point the Holy Spirit gives us a wake-up call and together with the Holy Spirit the 3D’s slowly loses their hold on us.

In this recent encounter with the 3D’s the Holy Spirit used Patti to give me the wake-up call. This morning’s scripture from the apostle Paul instructs us in what we need to do when through self-revelation, or another means we become away of the presence of the 3D’s. It also sheds light on how to deepen and strengthen not only our faith but our relationship with Jesus as well.

I don’t know about you but I look forward to the day when there will be no room for the 3D’s in our lives because every nook and cranny will be filled with the presence of Jesus. But until then I will let you in on a secret, whether the 3D’s know it or not they unwittingly are instrumental in helping us fill every nook and cranny with the presence of Jesus. Paul helps us understand how that happens. “Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God’s right hand. Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth. For you died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God. And when Christ, who is your life, is revealed to the whole world, you will share in all his glory.” (Colossians 3:1–4, NLT, emphasis mine)

AMEN!

“Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.” **
    Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://www.gloryseeddevotional.org.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

**Psalm 27:14, New Living Translation

Amen Gary!!! Good reminder!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X