Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

I've got that sinking feeling ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    Financial institutions have been taking steps.

“[In 2014, Henri de Castries, chairman and CEO of AXA, said: “Climate risk for us is neither an ideological or theoretical issue: it is a core business issue, as we are already seeing the impact of increasing weather-related disaster risks. Extreme weather events are increasing in intensity and severity. Last year alone, AXA paid out over €1bn globally in weather-related insurance claims.”

De Castries’ comments provide an important perspective on climate risk – it is fundamentally a financial and economic risk to financial institutions. So it is not surprising that regulators are taking an interest. Mark Carney, governor of the Bank Of England, and chairman of the Financial Stability Board, stood in front of the Lutine Bell at Lloyd’s of London – the spiritual home of insurance – and announced to the assembled captains of the industry that climate change was real: “The combination of the weight of scientific evidence and the dynamics of the financial system suggest that, in the fullness of time, climate change will threaten financial resilience and longer-term prosperity.”]”

http://www.theactuary.com/features/2...-institutions/
    That's not what the article you linked in the OP was talking about. It said there was an increase of homes being sold in low-lying areas. That was false. Home sales are up in most of them and new listings are down.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
      ... People throw money at the strangest things.
      See fidget spinners.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        That's not what the article you linked in the OP was talking about. It said there was an increase of homes being sold in low-lying areas. That was false. Home sales are up in most of them and new listings are down.
        I'm not sure you're conveying your intent well here. If there is an increase of homes being sold in low-lying areas, that seems rather equivalent to "Home sales are up."
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          I'm not sure you're conveying your intent well here. If there is an increase of homes being sold in low-lying areas, that seems rather equivalent to "Home sales are up."
          How bout this:

Homes that have been on the market for a while are being bought at higher rates, and the amount of new listings for sale are dropping, making the number of available houses for sale drop.
          That's what
          - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment