Announcement

Collapse

The Pulpit Guidelines

This is the place for quiet meditations and reflections. No debate is permitted, and we ask that the fact that this is a Christian-owned site be respected in that the majority of the spiritual reflections expressed here will be Christian in perspective. We ask that mediations that are blatantly unorthodox or contrary to Christianity not be posted. Respectful interaction and posting by those of other beliefs is permitted. Moderators are given wide discretion and latitude as to the appropriateness of posts in this area.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

What is my role?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is my role?

What is my role in the body of Christ? What am I to do in my walk? I honestly do not know.
    sigpic

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
    What is my role in the body of Christ? What am I to do in my walk? I honestly do not know.
    Don't feel like your alone there.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Matthew 5:14-16

14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

A light shows people the way through the darkness. That is one of our jobs. (yes, Teal, I still remember that sermon you gave us at the tweb convention. It has stayed with me)

Comment

The best and most profound piece of advice I think I've gotten in the recent past is: Do the next right thing.
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
          The best and most profound piece of advice I think I've gotten in the recent past is: Do the next right thing.
          Where did you get that? It's so clear you could give it to an optometrist.
          sigpic

Comment

Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength... and love your neighbor as yourself. Everything else rests on those.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I think our roles primarily develop naturally. This doesn't mean they automatically mature but rather that our roles emerge out of our personality and interests. It seems that such talents are what Paul calls gifts -- gifts that are to be shared with the rest of the body.

Some people have a talent for organizing groups for good works. Others have an interest in seeking the best understanding of scriptures and teaching that to people. A number of people excel in evangelism.

So, pay some attention toward helping other Christians as you find opportunity but also don't worry how your talents will mature. You may try some paths and find they don't fit. It is all part of life.

Comment

It was late on a Friday night in Newcastle, Oklahoma and many of the customers were grumbling and complaining about the lady at the front of the line.

The lady was a bit frazzled – juggling three hyperactive kids while trying to unload groceries on the conveyer belt.

“I asked her if it had been one of those days,” cashier Nicholas Tate said. “She said it had been.”

The woman explained that she was a foster parent and she had just signed up for a federal program that helps low-income families – WIC.

“She apologized beforehand because she was using WIC and had never used it before,” the Austin Bible Institute student said.

The 20-year-old cashier smiled and reassured the foster mom that it would not be a problem.

Unfortunately, there was a problem. Several of the transactions did not process – including the one of the most important items – baby formula. He swiped the card again, but it still did not work.

Nicholas summoned a manager for assistance – but in all the chaos he heard a voice.

“I felt like God was calling for me to pay for her bill,” he said. “It was without a doubt – God was saying, ‘Pay for this.’”

And that’s exactly what he did – swiping his own credit card to pay for the $60 worth of groceries. The foster mom burst into tears and left the store.

Nicholas is a Christian – a student at Austin Bible Institute. He’s hoping to become a missionary to Honduras.

“When God tells me to do something, I do it,” he said. “God told me, ‘I put you in this place at the right time and I knew you were ready for this – to pay for this. So without hesitation, I pulled my card out and swiped it.”

A few days later, a customer approached Nicholas inside Walmart and showed him a Facebook post – asking if he was the cashier mentioned in the posting.

It turned out the foster mom was so overcome with emotion that she had not thanked Nicholas for his kindness. So she wrote a message on Facebook hoping to learn the young man’s name.

And thanks to the power of social networking – Nicholas and the foster mom were reunited.

“It was pretty cool getting to talk to her,” he said.

Nicholas told me he was surprised at how many people have heard about the encounter.

“I was just trying to bless someone and make their day and it turned into something incredible,” he said.

It wasn’t too long before the television stations came a-calling with promises to make Nicholas famous – but that’s really not what this story is about.

“It’s not what I did,” Nicholas told me. “It’s what God did through something so small. He took something so small and He glorified his name with it.”

In Sunday school, we learned to proclaim the name of the Lord – to make known His deeds – to make His name famous.

Nicholas Tate made known the deeds of God on a Friday night in Newcastle, Oklahoma – at a Walmart checkout counter.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/...voice-god.html

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Don't feel like your alone there.

resisting..........
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Obedience.

Do the things we are clearly told to do.
                    Don't do the things we are clearly told not to do.

Work on those, and the other areas will begin to take care of themselves.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Where did you get that? It's so clear you could give it to an optometrist.
                      Some older Christian guys that I know--in their 60's. I like it--it's a solid, very practical piece of advice.
                      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                        Kinda reminds me of Commissioner Reagan on Blue Bloods --- "It's not what you've done - it's what you do next".

Comment

A good friend of mine paraphrases Matthew 28:19, 20 (19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[b] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”)

As, "As you are going through your daily life, preach the Gospel and thereby, make disciples by being the Bible people can see, feel and touch teaching the ways of Christ our Savior." When necessary, use words.
                          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X