Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is my role?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWall View Post
    Where did you get that? It's so clear you could give it to an optometrist.
    Some older Christian guys that I know--in their 60's. I like it--it's a solid, very practical piece of advice.
    Hofstadter's Law: It will always take longer than you expect, even if you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

"Metal is an apple--everything's good but the core."

Dept. of Redundancy Dept. Cow Poke's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymologist View Post
    The best and most profound piece of advice I think I've gotten in the recent past is: Do the next right thing.
    Kinda reminds me of Commissioner Reagan on Blue Bloods --- "It's not what you've done - it's what you do next".

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

3. Amen LostSheep amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    A good friend of mine paraphrases Matthew 28:19, 20 (19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[b] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.)

As, "As you are going through your daily life, preach the Gospel and thereby, make disciples by being the Bible people can see, feel and touch teaching the ways of Christ our Savior." When necessary, use words.
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen