Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

John McCain saves Obamacare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    I must have learned from you, whose claim it was that republicans voted their conscience.
    No, I said
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Unlike Democrats, who vote in lockstep according to their leadership's directives, Republicans are free to vote their conscience
    They are FREE to, Jimmy - since I don't know their hearts, I don't pretend to be a mind-reader like you. And you really stink out loud at it.

Yes, well, don't be too hard on yourself.
    Says the little goofus who doesn't know the difference between conscious and conscience.

Give it up CP, your team has nothing, after eight years of bluster, they've got nothing.
    They have both houses of congress and the presidency, Jimmy. It's YOUR team that seems to keep losing, but you're not conscious enough to realize that.

Not to mention those more recent crushing losses into which Democrats poured zillions of dollars.

But, it's OK, Jimmy --- your side is winning --- YAY!!!!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No, I said
      Yeah, I know what you said CP.
      They are FREE to, Jimmy - since I don't know their hearts, I don't pretend to be a mind-reader like you. And you really stink out loud at it.
      Exactly, you said that democrats, unlike republicans don't vote their conscience. How do you know that CP? Are you a mind reader?

Says the little goofus who doesn't know the difference between conscious and conscience.
      Oh c'mon now Pastor CP, judge not lest ye be judged.

They have both houses of congress and the presidency, Jimmy. It's YOUR team that seems to keep losing, but you're not conscious enough to realize that.

Not to mention those more recent crushing losses into which Democrats poured zillions of dollars.

But, it's OK, Jimmy --- your side is winning --- YAY!!!!
      Yes, the conservative propaganda machine, gerrymandering, and voter suppression, has done wonders for the conservative movement, unfortunately they don't know how to govern.

Comment

Yeah, I know what you said CP.
        No, actually you missed it again.

Exactly, you said that democrats, unlike republicans don't vote their conscience. How do you know that CP? Are you a mind reader?
        You must be drinking that beer you demanded from lpix, and are a bit woozy.....
        Here's EXACTLY what I said...
        Unlike Democrats, who vote in lockstep according to their leadership's directives, Republicans are free to vote their conscience. (It's "conscience", Jim, not "conscious". Though, many Democrats appear NOT to be 'cosnscious'

It's entirely possible that the democrats ARE voting their conscience - I don't know - but they vote lockstep with their leadership. Perhaps SOME of them are voting their conscience, I have know way of knowing.

Yeah, I'm not supposed to judge, but I am called to be a fruit inspector, and you're about as fruity as they get!

You really outta be careful mishandling the word of God, Jimmy - it's gonna come back to bite you.

Yes, the conservative propaganda machine, gerrymandering, and voter suppression, has done wonders for the conservative movement, unfortunately they don't know how to govern.
        Hey, maybe Hillary can add that to all the other "blame everybody else" crap for explaining her humiliating loss to a loose canon like Trump!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No it isn't moron, thats already taken place,
          No it hasn't, stupid. There is no compromise bill. No compromise work has taken place between the Senate and the House because the Senate HAS NO BILL TO COMPROMISE WITH. You can't vote on a reconciliation bill without something to reconcile. I swear, sometimes I think Helen Keller would type smarter responses with a regular keyboard than you.

once the Senate passes the bill it goes back to the House and they are under no obligation to compromise on anything which is why McCain voted no.
          No duh Sherlock. That's what I posted in my first post in this thread. He didn't trust Paul Ryan to keep his word that it wouldn't go to the floor of the house as-is. The majority of Republican Senators did, therefore they put forth the skinny bill with the sole intent of having SOMETHING to start an actual reconciliation bill. McCain hid behind his supposed fear.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            No it hasn't, stupid. There is no compromise bill. No compromise work has taken place between the Senate and the House because the Senate HAS NO BILL TO COMPROMISE WITH. You can't vote on a reconciliation bill without something to reconcile. I swear, sometimes I think Helen Keller would type smarter responses with a regular keyboard than you.
            After while, it's like trying to 'splain trigonometry to a cat. (no offense, Bill )

Comment

No duh Sherlock. That's what I posted in my first post in this thread. He didn't trust Paul Ryan to keep his word that it wouldn't go to the floor of the house as-is. The majority of Republican Senators did, therefore they put forth the skinny bill with the sole intent of having SOMETHING to start an actual reconciliation bill. McCain hid behind his supposed fear.
              McCain didn't hide behind anything. Why would anyone vote for a bill they they think is a sham, don't want to be law, and trust Paul Ryan not to bring it to the floor as is when the House already passed an even worse bill? McCain, Murkowski, and Collins were actually the only senators that weren't hiding. The rest of the senators were going to leave it up to the House to decide what to do with it and avoid any responsibility if the House passed it, and they know that the House would probably have done just that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jin-roh View Post
                The complete list of GOP that broke rank on this are Lamar Alexander (Tenn), Shelley Moore Capito (West Va), Rob Portman (Ohio), Dean Heller (Maine) and Lis Murkowski (Alaska)... I think there might be more. BUt those are the first ones I found.
                Liberals all.
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

McCain, Murkowski, and Collins were actually the only senators that weren't hiding...
                  You don't know this! Politicians tend to do what keeps their butts in office, calculating their votes accordingly. You don't know SQUAT about why they voted like they did. You read minds about as well as Jake reads the Greek Lexicon.

Comment

Give it up CP, your team has nothing, after eight years of bluster, they've got nothing.
                    Extreme liberals in the GOP are not part of our team. The Republicans are just Democrats lite.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

You should learn what that really means before you try to apply it.

Comment

McCain didn't hide behind anything.
                        Yeah he did. He didn't trust Ryan, so he hid.

Why would anyone vote for a bill they they think is a sham, don't want to be law, and trust Paul Ryan not to bring it to the floor as is when the House already passed an even worse bill?
                        Even you get that he didn't trust Ryan.

McCain, Murkowski, and Collins were actually the only senators that weren't hiding.
                        Murkowski and Collins want Medicaid money for their states. Period. Any bill that includes cutting the rampant increases in Medicaid were going to be voted against by those 2. They both said that specifically.

The rest of the senators were going to leave it up to the House to decide what to do with it and avoid any responsibility if the House passed it, and they know that the House would probably have done just that.
                        No they wouldn't. The Republican Representatives would have worked with the Republican Senators to come up with a reconciliation bill. That's how these things happen, Jimmy.
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

No they wouldn't. The Republican Representatives would have worked with the Republican Senators to come up with a reconciliation bill. That's how these things happen, Jimmy.
                          but, but, but.... that's not what his liberal talking point fax says!!!!

dab6ff0e09629c3e31a1acc4a88f0c7e.jpg

Comment

You don't know this! Politicians tend to do what keeps their butts in office, calculating their votes accordingly. You don't know SQUAT about why they voted like they did. You read minds about as well as Jake reads the Greek Lexicon.
                            BtC said McCain voted no because he was hiding behind his fear. Apparently Bill can read minds eh? Don't know what your rant has to do with anything.

Comment

BtC said McCain voted no because he was hiding behind his fear. Apparently Bill can read minds eh? Don't know what your rant has to do with anything.
                              BtC is a much better mind reader than you. He actually HAS a mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                                You should learn what that really means before you try to apply it.
                                You should apply if you are going to preach it.

Comment