Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.08.02

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.08.02

image0011.jpg

Glory Seed Devotional’s, 2017: Anticipating and Experiencing Jehovah-Jireh...
    Grace, Peace and Prayer...
    Shalom!

Have you ever prayed for something to improve only to find it going in the opposite direction? I did. On June 23rd I began a 26 day prayer vigil asking the LORD to do the impossible, heal my lungs from pulmonary fibrosis. Armed with belief, trust and faith along with Jesus’ story of the man who knocked on the door of his neighbor’s door for some bread because a visitor had come at midnight. After knocking persistently, the man opened the door and gave his neighbor some bread. I knocked on God’s heart for 26 days seeking not bread but a healing to feed a visitor who had invaded my life. Instead of getting better Mr. Fibrosis worsened, leaving me wondering does God listen and does He heal. To which the Holy Spirit promptly and emphatically answered for me, “Yes and Yes! But He also gives Grace and Peace!”

One of the most powerful, foundational scriptures upon which we need to build our lives around is… “Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.” (2 Corinthians 12:9, NLT) Along with Grace comes Peace, not Peace FROM troubled lungs but Peace WITH troubled lungs (in my case). Many years ago I read a statement that said, “Christians don’t have problems they just pray them away.” I sure wish that was true and I am sure you do too. But through experience we know that is not true, it must have been someone’s campaign promise or something like that. But it does say something about the writer’s concept of God, doesn’t it?

God and prayer are not something to “pack up our troubles in” instead God is our Ultimate Care-Giver, caring for us at all levels of our lives, giving us not what we want but what we need, topping the list is Love, Grace, Peace, Hope, Joy, and last but never least Commitment. And in return God asks only two things from us Love and Commitment. I am learning and the message I want to send out is our Commitment to God MUST be total, there is no “middle ground” either I am going to believe and trust in God as my Care-Giver or I am not that’s the “reality” of life. Am I totally committed to God? Probably not because I still slip south of the positive/negative line and find myself in dark territory, and God has made provisions for that it’s called Grace accompanied by the Light of Jesus so I (we) can find our way back.

“O Lord, you alone are my hope. I’ve trusted you, O LORD, from childhood. Yes, you have been with me from birth; from my mother’s womb you have cared for me. No wonder I am always praising you!” (Psalm 71:5–6, NLT)

“May God be merciful and bless us. May his face smile with favor on us.” **
    Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://www.gloryseeddevotional.org.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

**Psalm 67:1, New Living Translation
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X