Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mueller impanels grand jury, is granted subpoenas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Yes. It was a protest to stop the statue from being removed. People who wanted to protect the statue were there who were not part of the white supremacists and nazis and were not there to fight. There were lots of groups there. And on the other side there were the antifa, the BLM, and just normal liberals who wanted the statue removed but were not there to fight.
    There was no place in the Supremacist rally for innocent Conservatives who may have innocently wandered by. It was a highly organised violent rally from the beginning. Hundreds of people espousing white nationalist, neo-Nazi and Klux Klux Klan ideology marched in the dark through the University of Virginia campus spewing racist taunts while illuminating the night with tiki torches in the best Nazi tradition. For Trump and his clones to pretend they were mostly decent Conservatives with just a few bad apples in their midst is simply Trumpian "Fake News"...another lie to add to the long list of Trump lies.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      There was no place in the Supremacist rally for innocent Conservatives who may have innocently wandered by. It was a highly organised violent rally from the beginning. Hundreds of people espousing white nationalist, neo-Nazi and Klux Klux Klan ideology marched in the dark through the University of Virginia campus spewing racist taunts while illuminating the night with tiki torches in the best Nazi tradition. For Trump and his clones to pretend they were mostly decent Conservatives with just a few bad apples in their midst is simply Trumpian "Fake News"...another lie to add to the long list of Trump lies.
      Wrong. I actually watched it happen on TV - before and during the riot. There were a lot of people there who were not part of the white nationalist, just like there were lots of people there who were not antifa or BLM. I guess you think you can just say what you want to be true and that magically makes it true, but despite your superstitious beliefs, reality isn't affected by your assertions.

PS I never said "just a few bad apples" and neither did Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Appeal to popularity, huh? You sure do love your logical fallacies, Chuck.

But you didn't actually answer the question (dodging is another one of your favorite ploys): If both sides were to blame for the violence, which is clearly the case based on numerous eye-witness statements, then what's wrong with blaming both sides?
        1) You made it seem like my view was only held by liberalists which it is not. That was the point I made and nothing more than that so there is no fallacy.

2) Would you seriously hold that both sides were to equally to blame when only one side is killing? Where is the "both sides to blame" for this? You seem to miss the point that appealing to some sort of balance in this is partly justifying these killings. It has been pointed out that KKK would be thankful for only having to take half the blame and sharing the rest with non-racists. In fact they themselves proved that right: Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke tweeted: "Thank you President Trump for your honesty & courage to tell the truth." That is the context in which Trumps foolish statement was used. Foolish because it is unbalanced and simply not true. Foolish because it supports racists groups.
        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Wrong. I actually watched it happen on TV - before and during the riot. There were a lot of people there who were not part of the white nationalist, just like there were lots of people there who were not antifa or BLM. I guess you think you can just say what you want to be true and that magically makes it true, but despite your superstitious beliefs, reality isn't affected by your assertions.
          Wrong. Go and look at the visuals. No moderate Conservative would have been comfortable in the midst of that highly organised, baying mob...with their anti-Semitic chants and Nazi slogans of "blood and soil" nationalism. I guess you're learning from your Dear Leader if you think you can just say what you want to be true and that magically makes it true...like Trump's record inauguration crowds or Obama's African birth certificate to name just two lies of many.
          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Wrong. Go and look at the visuals. No moderate Conservative would have been comfortable in the midst of that highly organised, baying mob...with their anti-Semitic chants and Nazi slogans of "blood and soil" nationalism. I guess you're learning from your Dear Leader if you think you can just say what you want to be true and that magically makes it true...like Trump's record inauguration crowds or Obama's African birth certificate to name just two lies of many.
            I watched it happen Tassy. there were plenty of people there who were just there peacefully. on both sides.

Comment

Wrong. Go and look at the visuals. No moderate Conservative would have been comfortable in the midst of that highly organised, baying mob...with their anti-Semitic chants and Nazi slogans of "blood and soil" nationalism.
              Keep that in mind when you see the various violent riots that have taken place by left wing mobs and we're told by the MSM that the majority were peaceful demonstrators who were infiltrated by a few radical antifa types who caused all the trouble. "No moderate [Liberal] would have been comfortable in the midst of that highly organized, baying mob" (the last bit is an oxymoron wouldn't you agree?).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
                1) You made it seem like my view was only held by liberalists which it is not. That was the point I made and nothing more than that so there is no fallacy.

2) Would you seriously hold that both sides were to equally to blame when only one side is killing? Where is the "both sides to blame" for this? You seem to miss the point that appealing to some sort of balance in this is partly justifying these killings. It has been pointed out that KKK would be thankful for only having to take half the blame and sharing the rest with non-racists. In fact they themselves proved that right: Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke tweeted: "Thank you President Trump for your honesty & courage to tell the truth." That is the context in which Trumps foolish statement was used. Foolish because it is unbalanced and simply not true. Foolish because it supports racists groups.
                Using David Duke's self-serving statement instead of the facts of the event itself as the context in which to frame the President's condemnation is unfair and idiotic. BOTH sides instigated violence. This wasn't a one-sided affair.

Hey, did you hear about the female reporter who was assaulted by Antifa goons? No, course you didn't, because the left has been desperately trying to portray"their side" as innocent victims.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...arlottesville/

I agree with my President, we need to condemn violence and hatred no matter what flag it's under.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I watched it happen Tassy. there were plenty of people there who were just there peacefully. on both sides.
                  Who are you going to believe - the media or your own lyin' eyes?
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    I am currently watching the Boston Free Speech rally. At the moment it is pretty peaceful. I did see an antifa thug grab an american flag out of an elderly woman's hand and push her. I did not see any KKK or White supremacy signs anywhere, and most people on both sides seem to be average citizens and not extremists, left or right.

But the MSM has already categorized it as a gathering of white supremacists.

I am going to post this in the boston thread too, but I just wanted to mention it here before anything happens so when Tassy comes along later and claims it was all KKK Nazis, we can laugh at him.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      This is just pro-Trump propaganda. No moderate Conservative would have been comfortable in the midst of that highly organised, baying mob...with their anti-Semitic chants and Nazi slogans of "blood and soil" nationalism. This is the general consensus on all sides including Trump’s own party.

"We should call evil by its name," said Republican Sen. Orrin Hatch. "My brother didn't give his life fighting Hitler for Nazi ideas to go unchallenged here at home."

"Very important for the nation to hear the POTUS describe events in Charlottesville for what they are, a terror attack by #whitesupremacists," tweeted Republican Sen. Marco Rubio.

"Praying for those hurt & killed today in Charlottesville," tweeted Republican Sen. Cory Gardner. "This is nothing short of domestic terrorism & should be named as such."

Several prominent white nationalists and neo-Nazis, however, praised Trump's comments, e.g. The founder of the Daily Stormer, a neo-Nazi and white supremacist website that considers itself a part of the alt-right, celebrated the fact that Trump "outright refused to disavow" the white nationalist rally and movement. And the likes of you agree with the Trump 'fake news" version of events.

Sad!

Comment

....so when Tassy comes along....
                        Mention something bad, and it happens!

In 1, 2.....
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          Mention something bad, and it happens!

In 1, 2.....
                          Ah, he beat me by MERE SECONDS!!!!
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I am currently watching the Boston Free Speech rally. At the moment it is pretty peaceful. I did see an antifa thug grab an american flag out of an elderly woman's hand and push her.
                            The antifa "thug" didn't murder her though.

I did not see any KKK or White supremacy signs anywhere, and most people on both sides seem to be average citizens and not extremists, left or right.
                            Yes I saw that and you’re right, this was not to be compared with the intimidation and thuggery of the KKK at Charlottesville. I guess the KKK and White supremacists went into hiding given the huge disparity of numbers. They’re basically cowards.

But the MSM has already categorized it as a gathering of white supremacists.
                            That was its original intention, but they were silenced. .

I am going to post this in the boston thread too, but I just wanted to mention it here before anything happens so when Tassy comes along later and claims it was all KKK Nazis, we can laugh at him.
                            Yawn!

Comment

So, all it takes is 1 to label the entire group then? Typical leftist response...

Source: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/a-deal-breaker-for-trump%E2%80%99s-supporters-nope-not-this-time-either/ar-AAqlbfr?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=edgsp

Gregory Kline, 46, a lawyer in Severna Park, Md., who is a Republican, said he did not vote for Mr. Trump but understands that part of the president’s support comes from fury at the left, particularly the media. When there is an attack by Muslim terrorists, for example, the media reaches for pundits who say most Muslims are good. But when it is a white supremacist, “every conservative is lumped in with him,” he said.

© Copyright Original Source

Yes I saw that and you’re right, this was not to be compared with the intimidation and thuggery of the KKK at Charlottesville.
                              Show me ONE example of "thuggery" in Charlottesville by the KKK, and I can show you 5 from Boston last evening. The fact remains that nearly EVERY time there is violence at a rally, it is perpetuated by leftists of some stripe.

I guess the KKK and White supremacists went into hiding given the huge disparity of numbers. They’re basically cowards.
                              Who cares? They were not who organized nor attended the rally in Boston. But those facts don't matter to leftist idiots.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mas...7Kz&ocid=edgsp

Chris Hood, a free speech rally attendee from Dorchester, said people were unfairly making it seem like the rally was going to be “a white supremacist Klan rally.”
                              “That was never the intention,” he said. “We’ve only come here to promote free speech on college campuses, free speech on social media for conservative, right-wing speakers. And we have no intention of violence.”

Yawn!
                              That Aussie for "I drool on my shirt a lot"

tenor.gif
                              Last edited by Bill the Cat; 08-20-2017, 06:41 AM.
                              That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

But he did drag her along the ground.

Yes I saw that and you’re right, this was not to be compared with the intimidation and thuggery of the KKK at Charlottesville. I guess the KKK and White supremacists went into hiding given the huge disparity of numbers. They’re basically cowards.
                                The antifa did attack the police and several were arrested. In fact the antifa were the only ones being violent at the rally.

they were not even there, Tassy.

Yawn!
                                as promised: Tassy

Comment