Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Solar Eclipse Calculator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar Eclipse Calculator

Source: A solar eclipse is coming to America. Here’s what you’ll see where you live

On Monday August 21, a solar eclipse will cut across the entire United States. And wherever you are, you will be able to see it. Even though the “totality” — the area where the sun is completely blocked out by the moon — is only 70 miles wide, the whole country (even Alaska and Hawaii) will experience a partial eclipse.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Click on the link provided above and you can enter your zip code and find out when it will happen and how much of the sun will be eclipsed.

For me, it will will peak at 2:35:52 pm EDT with 97.7% of the sun obscured. If I'm at work it will peak at 2:36:10 pm EDT with 97.8% blocked.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Source: A solar eclipse is coming to America. Here’s what you’ll see where you live

On Monday August 21, a solar eclipse will cut across the entire United States. And wherever you are, you will be able to see it. Even though the “totality” — the area where the sun is completely blocked out by the moon — is only 70 miles wide, the whole country (even Alaska and Hawaii) will experience a partial eclipse.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Click on the link provided above and you can enter your zip code and find out when it will happen and how much of the sun will be eclipsed.

For me, it will will peak at 2:35:52 pm EDT with 97.7% of the sun obscured. If I'm at work it will peak at 2:36:10 pm EDT with 97.8% blocked.
    Hmmmmm. I see a very unhealthy appeal to naturalism here.

After all, "No Middle Ground between God and science".

Comment

Originally posted by rwatts View Post

After all, "No Middle Ground between God and science".
      You do not know what you are talking about. Yes, indeed you believe that you do.

There is no real science apart from God. God being the sole reason for reality.
      . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Uh, don't mind me - subscribing so I remember to watch!
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
          You do not know what you are talking about. Yes, indeed you believe that you do.

There is no real science apart from God. God being the sole reason for reality.
          I believe I was quoting the fellow who wrote this thread starter:-

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post465339

Comment

Originally posted by rwatts View Post
            I believe I was quoting the fellow who wrote this thread starter:-

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post465339
            Got my glasses (I made sure they were manufactured by people on this list - https://eclipse.aas.org/resources/solar-filters), got my solar filter for my 6" scope, got a hotel room 10 miles from totality. Just need good weather

Jim
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
              Got my glasses (I made sure they were manufactured by people on this list - https://eclipse.aas.org/resources/solar-filters), got my solar filter for my 6" scope, got a hotel room 10 miles from totality. Just need good weather

Jim
              A woman at church tried a week or two ago to get glasses from the list. The only place with inventory remaining only sold in batches of 50, so she got 50 and is handing them out to whomever wants them.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Jim
                Good weather will of course be the key. I just have this feeling it will be a heavily overcast if not rainy day around here.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Good weather will of course be the key. I just have this feeling it will be a heavily overcast if not rainy day around here.
                  It's actually not looking good right now for me either, but it's 11 days out at this point. Plan is to drive to clarity if clarity exists <250 miles from where I am staying :). Itherwise if its partly cloudy at least maybe I can catch some midafternoon stars if the sun is obscured :)

Jim
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

It's actually not looking good right now for me either, but it's 11 days out at this point. Plan is to drive to clarity if clarity exists <250 miles from where I am staying :). Itherwise if its partly cloudy at least maybe I can catch some midafternoon stars if the sun is obscured :)

Jim
                    Yeah it's too bad that we are all going to miss it because of the Rapture and all that stuff.

Comment

Jim
                      Of COURSE you WOULD get the filter wouldn't you I got astronomical binoculars from Celestron with a filter to add and a couple pairs of welder's glasses for total eye coverage with an extra filter.....because SOMEONE maybe a teacher taught us never to look at the sun without being paranoid......and I'm paranoid of even those cheap 1.00 things.
                      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Did I mention I get 99.9 percent eclipse coverage? 15 miles north and its total coverage BUT they are having to shut interstates and parks down so we'll take the 99.9 percent
                        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                          Of COURSE you WOULD get the filter wouldn't you I got astronomical binoculars from Celestron with a filter to add and a couple pairs of welder's glasses for total eye coverage with an extra filter.....because SOMEONE maybe a teacher taught us never to look at the sun without being paranoid......and I'm paranoid of even those cheap 1.00 things.
                          I'm getting a couple pieces of cardboard and a ice pick... I have no desire to look AT the Sun - bad, bad, bad idea...
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                            Did I mention I get 99.9 percent eclipse coverage? 15 miles north and its total coverage BUT they are having to shut interstates and parks down so we'll take the 99.9 percent
                            Lucky...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                              I'm getting a couple pieces of cardboard and a ice pick... I have no desire to look AT the Sun - bad, bad, bad idea...
                              it takes a special filter to do it
                              George Bernard Shaw

Comment