Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Split from Universal Salvation

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rossum View Post
    So, all inter-religious dialogue about God is impossible? I disagree. Christians, Jews and Muslims can discuss the status of Jesus, and they have very different ideas of Jesus' attributes.
    Discuss? Perhaps, but come to a consensus? No.

It is your problem if you wish to convert me from Buddhism to Christianity.
    I don't convert anyone. The Holy Spirit does that. My job is to tell you why I have the hope inside me. That's it.

Buddhism is a Universalist religion; all living beings attain nirvana eventually. Even Mara, the rough equivalent of Lucifer, will attain nirvana some time in the future. Universalism has been a point of discussion within Buddhism before. The non-universalist position was rejected.

rossum
    You missed the part where I said from a Christian perspective. This thread is not for discussing Buddhism. This area of the forum may be, but Buddhism and nirvana are not the topic of this thread. Please start your own if you want to discuss them, or I will have the mods move your posts.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

2. Amen Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rossum View Post
    All those unborn babies whose mothers drowned in the flood were "evil"? Every single one of them in the whole world (or at least the part of the world that was flooded). It is possible that all the mothers were evil, but their unborn children?

rossum

Quote Originally Posted by 37818 View Post
    The only thing universal about salvation is that Christ died to redeem all (1 John 2:2; Titus 2:11). So that everyone is placed in the book of life. And only those whose names are not removed (Revelation 3:5; 1 John 5:4, 5) will not perish (Revelation 20:15).
    The children, there names would not have been removed from the book of life (everyone's name being in the book by reason the blood of Christ who died for all, 1 John 2:2). The children not being old enough to choose. (see Mark 10:14-15.)
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by 37818 View Post
    The children, their names would not have been removed from the book of life (everyone's name being in the book by reason of the blood of Christ who died for all, 1 John 2:2). The children not being old enough to choose. (see Mark 10:14-15.)
    Some corrections that were missed.
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.