Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Even Atheists Think That Atheists Are More Immoral.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Sin is rebellion against God.
    And like I said, sin is not a thing in itself. Rebellion is simply a human action freely chosen, which of course would have been the innate nature of human beings whether Adam and Eve chose to rebel or not. The metaphorical sin was not the rebellion against god, the metaphorical sin was in becoming knowledgeable in a certain sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      And like I said, sin is not a thing in itself. Rebellion is simply a human action freely chosen, which of course would have been the innate nature of human beings whether Adam and Eve chose to rebel or not. The metaphorical sin was not the rebellion against god, the metaphorical sin was in becoming knowledgeable in a certain sense.
      Man you are dense.

It is not a physical object, but it is a thing. Love is a thing. Hate is a thing. Murder is a thing. Sin is a thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Man you are dense.

It is not a physical object, but it is a thing. Love is a thing. Hate is a thing. Murder is a thing. Sin is a thing.
        Learn to read before calling others dense. What I said is that sin is not a thing in itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Learn to read before calling others dense. What I said is that sin is not a thing in itself.
          It is a category of actions. Rebellion against God. Evil. Imperfection. Missing the Mark. a flaw in creation.

If you have a perfect sheet of glass and a crack starts in it, you can say when the crack entered into the glass it ruined the glass. Sin is the crack in Creation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
            No it doesn't.
            Have you heard about "evidence"? If so could you provide any?
            "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
              Have you heard about "evidence"? If so could you provide any?
              Tassy is the one who needs to provide evidence. Darth merely disagreed with his claim.

Your nanny-sniping is getting a bit old.

Comment

Tassy is the one who needs to provide evidence. Darth merely disagreed with his claim.

Your nanny-sniping is getting a bit old.
                Why would Darth not give us the evidence if he had it. Is there anything better than actually proving someone wrong providing the evidence?
                "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Why would Darth not give us the evidence if he had it. Is there anything better than actually proving someone wrong providing the evidence?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                    "Science tells us that Adam and Eve are fictions. That Saint Paul or Uncle Tom Cobley and all thought otherwise is irrelevant. They were wrong."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michae..._b_874982.html
                    lol huffington post

nevermind that it is only a rebuttal to the YEC interpretation of Adam and Eve. I am not a young earth creationist.
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

You are asking for "evidence" because you assume (erroneously, like Tassman, because you have a low IQ and no imagination) that I am a YEC.

I don't dispute the genetic record so there is no evidence for me to provide. I dispute your interpretation of what I should think (which is identical to the YECs, you just want to use it as a weapon against Christians).
                      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Oh, no answer to that one either...

Comment

• Originally posted by charles View Post
                          yip. Yip. Yip.
                          fify

Comment

fify
                            And another one without anything of substance.

Comment

And another one without anything of substance.
                              Thank you for your virtuous nannying. What would we do without you?

Comment

Thank you for your virtuous nannying. What would we do without you?
                                And again. I am just making it obvious that your method is to only attack and provide nothing of substance. I will continue to point to this.

Comment