Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Buddy the Cat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buddy the Cat.

He was amazing. but about a week and a half ago maybe a couple days longer he fell, not even far. He couldn't use his leg anymore. He begun having full seizures and myclonic jerks. I hand fed him. syringed water. he stopped purring, stopped eating. he just got so sick so fast I couldn't do anything. Sure the vet may have given him prednisone ketoprofen, and some valium. but it might have only extended his life by a little. I know that no cat even under the watchful eyes of the best owners gets that sick without it being his time to go. He couldn't hear, he couldn't really see in those last couple days. I prayed. I loved him so much it was time. I took him to the vet, and while they wanted to do a complete work up I just said I can't. no matter what's wrong he's gone down hill so fast I think he's saying its his time to go. The sedative caused more seizures which I showed the vet, and I think she knew too. half way into the 1st barbituate he was gone. peacefully. I loved him. He was wonderful. But in the end I had to love him more than to be selfish. As I told him goodbye I told him I'd see him again in heaven.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

It always sucks to lose a beloved pet and friend

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I am sorry Cath. Buddy was a good cat. You will see him again.

Comment

So sorry to hear this. My boy Banjo died quite suddenly and unexpectedly a few days before Memorial Day. He was only about 8 years old (and had lived here only about six and a half). I heard a loud thump on the porch -- which was not unusual with a playful 15-pound kitty -- and when I went to see what he was up to, I found him lying on his side twitching. He was gone barely a minute later. :-( It was shocking and heartbreaking, but honestly, better than watching a long, difficult decline.

Do you think at some point you'll get a new kitty?
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
            So sorry to hear this. My boy Banjo died quite suddenly and unexpectedly a few days before Memorial Day. He was only about 8 years old (and had lived here only about six and a half). I heard a loud thump on the porch -- which was not unusual with a playful 15-pound kitty -- and when I went to see what he was up to, I found him lying on his side twitching. He was gone barely a minute later. :-( It was shocking and heartbreaking, but honestly, better than watching a long, difficult decline.

Do you think at some point you'll get a new kitty?
            We rescued a kitten about 5 weeks ago shortly before Buddy's sudden decline. The Irony is, Buddy walked with him around the house, played with him and literally showed him all of the "duties" he was up to. They played in ways I've never seen Buddy play. Shortly after was when Buddy just collapsed and turned for the worst. Spock comforted Buddy constantly. I think Buddy knew and was giving Spock the "lesson" of how to be our cat. Animals know things we don't. Since then Spock has done everything Buddy did, right down to door greeter and sleeping in our room at night.
            A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Aww. Sad to hear about Buddy. Good to hear about Spock.

Comment