Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.08.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.08.10

Glory Seed Devotional’s, 2017: Anticipating and Experiencing Jehovah-Jireh...
    Embracing the darkness...
    Shalom!

“Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness, nor the disaster that strikes at midday… For he will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease… Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.” (Psalm 91:6, 3, 23:4, NLT)

Over the last couple of days life has taught me a valuable lesson, one I’ll not forget. I found myself running away from the darkness associated with pulmonary fibrosis and everything that goes along with it. It wasn’t that way at first, in the summer of 2011 when I was first diagnosed with it, on a bike ride I received assurance from God not to be afraid that He had my life under control. For the past six years with a few minor adjustments in my life I was okay. But then came last month and as it became increasingly difficult for me to catch my breath thinking somehow God was no longer in control of my life I panicked and pulmonary fibrosis went from a positive force in my life and relationship with Him to a negative force “out to get me”.

Then last night while reading an article titled “Why am I Disabled” in the “Beyond Suffering Bible NLT: Where Struggles Seem Endless, God’s Hope is Infinite”* I read something that opened my eyes to what I was doing to myself and God. “Ultimately, my trust is rooted in God’s character— his goodness and his faithfulness. Although he permitted disability to touch my life, I can rest assured that he will continue to walk with me through this journey. His promises— of eternal life; of a renewed, glorified body; of fellowship with him and his family forever— will be fulfilled. Knowing this gives me hope for the future, joy and peace in the present, and strength for the road ahead.”

It is my sincere Hope and Prayer that you or a loved one are not on a journey with a disease/disability from which there is no return but if you are as difficult as it will be to embrace it and face it head on Trusting God to Light its path with the Light of Jesus and the assurance the difficulties yet to face will be Strengthened by a Love so Complete, Powerful, and Unmatched anywhere in this life or the next! In another part of the same article quoted above we are told how we can be sure of God’s continuing Love and Support. “God’s faithfulness in the past gives us— and me— tremendous hope for the future. If I want to be reassured that it will all work out in the end for me, I need only to look back on key times in my life when God has proven himself faithful.”

In retrospect, there are times when I hesitate to tell my story because there are those who try to “fix” me and that is well and good but there are times we need to leave the “fixing” to God and just give support and encouragement. One of the “things” God calls us to do for Him and each other is to be care-givers and believe what we embrace God Empowers!

“May God be merciful and bless us. May his face smile with favor on us.” **
    Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://www.gloryseeddevotionals.org.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

*Joni and Friends Inc.., Beyond Suffering Bible NLT: Where Struggles Seem Endless God's Hope Is Infinite (Kindle Locations 75472-75475). Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.. Kindle Edition.

**Psalm 67:1, New Living Translation

I'm sorry that you have to walk this walk Gary...but know that your faith is in itself, an inspiration to many. It's not necessarily a consolation but, we all have our lives in God's hands daily. He holds our lives in the palm of His hand. God has placed you in a position much like the Apostle Paul, and you seem to be crushing it. Our home isn't this world, but it's so easy to forget that. Prayers for you will continue my friend!
    Last edited by Littlejoe; 08-10-2017, 08:00 AM.
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Gary, I heartfeltedly second what Littlejoe has said. You ARE an inspiration to many here on this site, me very much included. You are in my prayers.
      3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Thank you my friend for your powerful words of inspiration/encouragement! I think one of the most powerful ministries we can give each other is the Ministry of Encouragement, something everyone of us need! Have a Blessed Day!

Comment

Thank you too my friend! Prayers are more than just words, they are words of Blessing! Have a Blessed Day!

Comment

My brother is in his early 40's and he is going to have to have triple bypass surgery this coming week, and I had major surgery just a year and a half ago. Trusting in God is what pulled me through. He will be there for you no matter what the outcome. That we can be sure of. My prayers for you Gary!

Comment

Thank you for the encouragement and your prayers my brother! I am happy your surgery was a success, another testimony of God's compassion and love for those who turn to him. I will pray for the brother of Sparko! Peace be with you my brother!

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X