Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

So Much for "Choice" - Intolerant Democrats Devour Their Own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Where do you see the Republican party blasting their own candidates for having different values, and threatening to fund alternative candidates to shut them down?
    The Tea Party was pretty big on that from the get-go, AFAICS.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Where do you see the Republican party blasting their own candidates for having different values, and threatening to fund alternative candidates to shut them down?
      There hasn't been a Republican in office since Bush Senior. But if you want examples, take the Tea Party with their rants about the neo-cons. Or take take the Alt-Right that call anything left of Ayn Rand, or anything that doesn't embrace "racial realism" Edited by a Moderator.
      Last edited by Jedidiah; 08-12-2017, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        The Tea Party was pretty big on that from the get-go, AFAICS.
        Well, yeah, but again, the Tea Party isn't the RNC. ON THE OTHER HAND, maybe you have a good point, in that it's not really "the Democratic Party" that's whacking those out of step - it's the leftists in the party. They just happen to be in charge of the party.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
          There hasn't been a Republican in office since Bush Senior. But if you want examples, take the Tea Party with their rants about the neo-cons. Or take take the Alt-Right that call anything left of Ayn Rand, or anything that doesn't embrace "racial realism" Edited by a Moderator.
          See my answer to PBP. (And, we're not talking about the Presidency - we're talking about local offices)
          Last edited by Jedidiah; 08-12-2017, 12:23 AM.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

More to the point... (bolding mine)

WASHINGTON — The Democratic National Committee chairman has stirred up controversy, saying every Democrat should be pro-choice — or as many pro-life advocates put it: "pro-abortion."

According to Friday's Huffington Post, DNC Chairman Thomas Perez stated, "Every Democrat, like every American, should support a woman's right to make her own choices about her body and her health. That is not negotiable."

Marjorie Dannenfelser, a top pro-life advisor to President Donald Trump, fired back, "Never has it been so clear: on abortion, there is no room for dissent or exceptions among Democrats; only support for the party's radical platform, which calls for abortion on-demand, up until the moment of birth, paid for by taxpayer dollars.

Pro-Life Democrats Are No Longer Welcome

The National Right to Life's president also blasted the DNC chairman's abortion stance.

"Dating back to the ouster of Pennsylvania Governor Bob Casey from their 1992 convention, Democrats have become increasingly intolerant of pro-life Americans within their own ranks. By forcing all Democrats to pledge fealty to the abortion industry's extreme agenda, Tom Perez has completed the party's transformation and sent the message the pro-life Democrats are no longer welcome in their party," stated NRL President Carol Tobias.

That's a better summary.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
              There hasn't been a Republican in office since Bush Senior. .
              uh, what?

Comment

Well this is all good. It will shrink the ranks of the Democrats and swell the ranks of the Republicans (or maybe the Libertarians)

You go, Democrats! Keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  uh, what?
                  Presumably he doesn't consider Bush Junior or Trump true Republicans.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    Presumably he doesn't consider Bush Junior or Trump true Republicans.
                    Or any other Republican governor, or congressmen/women?

Comment

And, somehow, that's the same as the Democrat Party not allowing otherwise loyal Democrats to run for no other reason than that they are pro-life?

I'm not getting how that's the equivalent of the party that preaches tolerance preventing their own party members from running over single issue politics.
                      It's not comparable in that sense. I was responding specifically to the part about internal part fire. It's largely a Tea Party movement, like what got Eric Cantor primaried in Virginia.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Well this is all good. It will shrink the ranks of the Democrats and swell the ranks of the Republicans (or maybe the Libertarians)

You go, Democrats! Keep it up!
                        That's actually what I was thinking - my Dad was the first person I ever heard say "I didn't quit the Democratic Party - they quit me". And this sounds like they're determined to 'quit' anybody who isn't a firebreathing liberal.

Comment

Or any other Republican governor, or congressmen/women?
                          Seeing that, under Obama, the Republicans have gained 63 House seats, 10 Senate seats, 12 Governorships, and quite a few State houses, it's really nonsense....

Comment

More to the point... (bolding mine)

WASHINGTON — The Democratic National Committee chairman has stirred up controversy, saying every Democrat should be pro-choice — or as many pro-life advocates put it: "pro-abortion."

According to Friday's Huffington Post, DNC Chairman Thomas Perez stated, "Every Democrat, like every American, should support a woman's right to make her own choices about her body and her health. That is not negotiable."

Marjorie Dannenfelser, a top pro-life advisor to President Donald Trump, fired back, "Never has it been so clear: on abortion, there is no room for dissent or exceptions among Democrats; only support for the party's radical platform, which calls for abortion on-demand, up until the moment of birth, paid for by taxpayer dollars.

Pro-Life Democrats Are No Longer Welcome

The National Right to Life's president also blasted the DNC chairman's abortion stance.

"Dating back to the ouster of Pennsylvania Governor Bob Casey from their 1992 convention, Democrats have become increasingly intolerant of pro-life Americans within their own ranks. By forcing all Democrats to pledge fealty to the abortion industry's extreme agenda, Tom Perez has completed the party's transformation and sent the message the pro-life Democrats are no longer welcome in their party," stated NRL President Carol Tobias.

That's a better summary.
                            She says, "on abortion, there is no room for dissent or exceptions among Democrats...." That's certainly true, but you could insert pretty much any political topic in place of abortion and the statement still holds.
                            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                              She says, "on abortion, there is no room for dissent or exceptions among Democrats...." That's certainly true, but you could insert pretty much any political topic in place of abortion and the statement still holds.
                              I don't know - abortion seems to be a pretty solid litmus test for the leftists. I know there are "single issue voters" who would make such a declaration, but...

Comment

I don't know - abortion seems to be a pretty solid litmus test for the leftists. I know there are "single issue voters" who would make such a declaration, but...
                                Yeah, I just meant that they're that way on seemingly everything. No dissent allowed, ever.
                                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment