Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump governs like he plays golf.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump governs like he plays golf.

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/10/politics/trump-golf-being-moody/index.html

(CNN)You can learn a lot about a man by how he plays golf. It's a sport that requires self-discipline, control and personal honesty. And it just happens to be one of President Donald Trump's favorite pastimes. . .

Trump moves fast, and details aren't important

"Most people give you a putt within the leather. That means the length of the leather grip on your putter. He takes putts within (the length of a) driver, like those long drivers." Reilly said. "He just rakes everything, everything's good and it's all happening quickly and you're like 'that can't have been good' but he's gone, and he's in his golf cart by himself."

He's in charge

"He drives across greens. He drives and parks on tees," Reilly said. "When you drive on a putting green, it's like parking on the steps of a church. It's like bringing your own ham to a great restaurant. It's just not done, it's the worst thing you can do. ...When you ask him why, he says, 'Hey, it's my course.' And that's the worst part. It's like he thinks he owns golf."

Trump doesn't care much for traditions

"This guy cheats from start to finish," Reilly said. "It was just one free mulligan after another."

So why do people put up with it? Because Trump's entertaining. It's fun.

"He's a gracious host. He buys everything. Everything's free, so when he drives across the green ... you're just like, it's a day with Trump," Reilly said. "Playing with Trump is fun, kind of in the way going to the circus is fun."

© Copyright Original Source

He keeps his own score with no regards to the actual number of plays per hole. He takes more mulligans than his actual score.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Source: CNN

"He drives across greens. He drives and parks on tees," Reilly said. "When you drive on a putting green, it's like parking on the steps of a church. It's like bringing your own ham to a great restaurant. It's just not done, it's the worst thing you can do. ...When you ask him why, he says, 'Hey, it's my course.' And that's the worst part. It's like he thinks he owns golf."

Wow, acting like he owns the place. Shameful, absolutely shameful.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
      Source: CNN

Wow, acting like he owns the place. Shameful, absolutely shameful.
      He governs like he owns it.
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

I didn't get any further than seeing the initials "CNN".
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I would agree that with Trump in office it has been a circus.........
          A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
            I would agree that with Trump in office it has been a circus.........
            I agree. It has been a media circus and a circus in congress. Trump doesn't quite fit the mold of the recent presidents but he has been attacked with more ill will than any recent president.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
              I agree. It has been a media circus and a circus in congress. Trump doesn't quite fit the mold of the recent presidents but he has been attacked with more ill will than any recent president.
              Governing by mulligans.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                That is quite true, although some of those attacks could be stopped if he would shutdown that danged twitter account........
                A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                  That is quite true, although some of those attacks could be stopped if he would shutdown that danged twitter account........
                  While he is often his own worse enemy I seriously doubt that if he stopped using Twitter that the frequency of attacks would lessen at all. Too many of his opponents have demonstrated that when Trump isn't providing ammo to be used against him that they have no qualms simply concocting something to attack him for.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Anyone remover the days where the MSM reported the news vs reporting lame psychoanalysis? Golf is a game and many play games to win and make decisions they would never make in a real life situation. If you follow that logic I must be pretty messed up since I have no problems with taking out everything in a RTS game. It's lame articles, such as this, that tells me how many hacks work for the MSM.
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                      He governs like he owns it.
                      I'm surprised you didn't claim he governs like he stole it.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                        Anyone remover the days where the MSM reported the news vs reporting lame psychoanalysis? Golf is a game and many play games to win and make decisions they would never make in a real life situation. If you follow that logic I must be pretty messed up since I have no problems with taking out everything in a RTS game. It's lame articles, such as this, that tells me how many hacks work for the MSM.
                        Please don't give POTUS a copy of GTA or CoD...
                        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                        MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          I didn't get any further than seeing the initials "CNN".
                          Philistine!
                          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Ha. CNN is getting desperate when they have to resort to impugning Trump on how he plays golf.

Next on CNN: Trump steals candy from a baby!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              Ha. CNN is getting desperate when they have to resort to impugning Trump on how he plays golf.
                              Your neglecting the factual content of the news with witnesses and even filmed.

Next on CNN: Trump steals candy from a baby!
                              If the cameras are not on.

Frank

Comment