Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.08.11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.08.11

Glory Seed Devotional’s, 2017: Anticipating and Experiencing Jehovah-Jireh...
    God is in you for the long haul...
    Shalom!

Has one of these thoughts ever haunted you? “O LORD, why do you stand so far away? Why do you hide when I am in trouble? …The father instantly cried out, “I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!” (Psalm 10:1, Mark 9:24, NLT) If so the author of Hebrews has some words you can “sink your teeth in,” words to hold you up during your darkest hours. “God also bound himself with an oath, so that those who received the promise could be perfectly sure that he would never change his mind. So God has given both his promise and his oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us. This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God’s inner sanctuary.” (Hebrews 6:17–19, NLT)

Mark 9:24 has always intrigued me, how can one believe yet need to overcome unbelief? There are times when trying to understand the scriptures we think the answer has to be deep and hidden and while searching the deep and mysteriousness of God we can miss its simplicity. Take “I do believe, help my unbelief” for instance believe it or not it’s something we’ve all done at one time or another. Let me explain, do any of us have obtained the ultimate level of faith? Do any of us have not seen their faith grow experience by experience? Mark is telling us faith is a “living thing” it lives, it grows, it matures, exercise it and it gets stronger, don’t exercise it and it weakens, it can be deep, it can be shallow, it can get sick, it can die, it can sustain us for the long haul, or it can also leave us “high and dry.”

R.C. Sproul in his book What is Faith writes, “In a real sense, hope is faith looking forward. The word faith carries a strong element of trust. If my hope is based on something God has said will happen in the future, the hope I have for that future promise finds its substance from my trust and confidence in the One making the promise. I can have hope because I have faith in God. Because I can trust the promise of God for tomorrow, there is substance to my hope; my hope is not just a chimera, a fantasy, or a wish projection based on idle dreams. Rather, it is based on something substantive.”

Faith, the power to go beyond the boundaries of time and space. Accompanying you to boldly go into the vastness of time and timelessness of a life lived in Partnership with God.

“May God be merciful and bless us. May his face smile with favor on us.” **
    Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://www.gloryseeddevotionals.org.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

**Psalm 67:1, New Living Translation

A hearty Amen, Gary!!!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X