Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Heart operation for my sisters child.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
    Ketil got very ill after the birth and started turning blue. They hurried up the surgery to enlarge the opening between the two heart chambers, that he was born too narrow with. He's in a respirator at the moment. Little Sis sent a picture of him. He's a beautiful pink baby again, color returned. Now we hope he's going to make it through the big surgery in a week from now. He might not live through it, my mother has gone to be with my little sister.

Please keep Ketil in your prayers.
    Still praying for Ketil. Do we have any updates?
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Hi everyone, thank you for all your prayers. Sorry I haven't been around much.

The operation had to be stopped, as they discovered further defects in the veins leading to the heart. Right now they're assembling an expert team of the best surgeons which required postponing the surgery. He'll get a heart valve replaced with an artifical one made from a calf's heart. If the operation is successful he'll have to get another surgery to replace it in four years. Right now he won't last long as he is.

He was baptized today in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. Sprinkled three times with water.

While we wait we can just trust in God's Will, Mercy and Goodness in whatever is going to come.

Comment

Continuing to for Ketil
        3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Comment

Comment

God help you little Ketil.
              That is an interesting name by the way.
              sigpic

Comment

ing for little Ketil
                3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Comment

The very latest from Sawyers mother"

Hey. I just got a call from one if the doctors on Sawyer's ICU yeam. They did an MRI on Sawyer this afternoon. He had some blood clots form most likely during CPR that dislodged and went into 2 vessels in his brain. Because of those he's had multiple strokes, this explains the seizure activity. He absolutely does have brain damage, but I'm not sure yet how severe or what this will mean for his future. I'm meeting with the neurologists tomorrow. On a positive note, he moves all his limbs and looks around, and does "normal" things for a baby if this age.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

for Ketil and Sawyer

Comment

Any new word on Ketil yet, Leonhard? I'll keep on praying.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                          Any new word on Ketil yet, Leonhard? I'll keep on praying.
                          Update: Ketil will face his heart surgery on monday.

Sorry for the lack of responses, I'm very grateful for everyone's prayers. Not much happened for a long time. We've been waiting for the team of experts to get ready for the surgery. It looks fairly bleak though, but not completely hopeless. There are, however, many defects in the heart and the veins that lead to it. So the operation will be risky, and we're not sure whether it'll work. However I we can only hope, and pray. I trust in God's will in these matters.

Thanks everyone.

Comment

ing

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

ing
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Comment