Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

White Supremacists protest at UVA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfect, I guess Trump knows what's up. Hopefully he slaps McAuliffe with civil rights charges, that evil scumbag needs to pay.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Are you also prepared to blame Obama and Hillary for "creating the environment" that led to the violence perpetrated by Occupy Wall Street, Black Lives Matter, and the Never Trump protesters?
      There's no comparison.

Occupy Wall Street was in protest at the recklessness and greed of large corporations that bankrupted millions and nearly plunged the nation and the world into a major depression.

Black Lives Matter was against the blatant discrimination against blacks by the police...and others of like mind to you.

And if the ‘Never Trump” protesters had won we would not seeing the resurgence of the KKK and neo-Nazis with their hateful rhetoric. Nor would we be careening towards war because of the ignorant, narcissistic buffoon who’s running the show now.

I'm just curious how consistent you're willing to be.
      False equivalence! There’s a big difference between those with a history of mob-violence, intimidation, lynching, anti-Semitism and with those who object to such discriminatory “values”.
      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        There's no comparison.

Occupy Wall Street was in protest at the recklessness and greed of large corporations that bankrupted millions and nearly plunged the nation and the world into a major depression.

Black Lives Matter was against the blatant discrimination against blacks by the police...and others of like mind to you.

And if the ‘Never Trump” protesters had won we would not seeing the resurgence of the KKK and neo-Nazis with their hateful rhetoric. Nor would we be careening towards war because of the ignorant, narcissistic buffoon who’s running the show now.

False equivalence! There’s a big difference between those with a history of mob-violence, intimidation, lynching, anti-Semitism and with those who object to such discriminatory “values”.
        Look Tass, Undoubtedly there is blatant discrimination of races by the police. Joe Arapio has just been fired tried and all but convicted for his notorious agressive orders to arrest anyone with the "appearance" of being an illegal or Latino. And its quite clear to me that since moving out of a well integrated area Blacks and Women are pulled over much more often, searched more often for supposed speeding at the hands of a Governer who believes in discrimination and I live in an area where lines are drawn based on race. And while Black Lives Matter has a point, its never ok to riot or incite violence. Its not ok to loot, or be aggressive. It is ok to peaceful protest, sign petitions, write your senator, police comissioner, local government and organize town hall meetings.
        I don't think too many people doubt Trump has a bad case of foot in mouth syndrome and I certainly agree he's arrogant and a bully. However the rest of what you are saying makes little sense because you really aren't here in the states to watch the poo hit the fan you just see a single side. Yours.
        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
          Look Tass, Undoubtedly there is blatant discrimination of races by the police. Joe Arapio has just been fired tried and all but convicted for his notorious agressive orders to arrest anyone with the "appearance" of being an illegal or Latino. And its quite clear to me that since moving out of a well integrated area Blacks and Women are pulled over much more often, searched more often for supposed speeding at the hands of a Governer who believes in discrimination and I live in an area where lines are drawn based on race. And while Black Lives Matter has a point, its never ok to riot or incite violence. Its not ok to loot, or be aggressive. It is ok to peaceful protest, sign petitions, write your senator, police comissioner, local government and organize town hall meetings.
          I don't think too many people doubt Trump has a bad case of foot in mouth syndrome and I certainly agree he's arrogant and a bully. However the rest of what you are saying makes little sense because you really aren't here in the states to watch the poo hit the fan you just see a single side. Yours.
          Trump has more than “a bad case of foot in mouth syndrome”. He’s giving a wink and a nod in favour of the alt-right’s unabashedly white nationalist views which include overtly Nazi attitudes and KKK brand racism.

Even during the unfortunate episodes that occurred in the Black Lives Matter Protests, you at least acknowledge that their cause was just. The same cannot be said for the Charlottesville protests. Nor did the former result in the degree of violence we saw over the weekend.
          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
            I'm just wondering, right now its "free speech" but when the left protests, even peacefully, its hatred. Why?
            Because, as their comments amply demonstrate, some of those here agree with the attitudes and actions of the torch, shield and gun-wielding right-wingers who demonstrated in Charlottesville.
            Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
            MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              There's no comparison.

In other words, you're not even going to pretend to be consistent and will happily blame Trump while giving Obama and Hillary a pass.

I'm not surprised.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                Yes on all points. Communism is not inherently any of those things.
                Really Star, show me one historical Communist country where you have property rights, freedom of speech, freedom from unlawful search. The US Constitution defends and codifies of property rights:

https://object.cato.org/sites/cato.o...9/hb111-34.pdf

So Communism by definition is anti-american.
                Last edited by seer; 08-14-2017, 06:54 AM.
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                  Time to cause some more butthurt: some twitter users were speculating that the car hit was an accident on account of the guy panicking after being attacked. I didn't think much of it because there was just low quality video but this twitter user making the case has a much higher quality video where you can see an antifa hitting the car with a baseball bat BEFORE the deadly charge:

https://twitter.com/LucidHurricaneX/...57214136311808

It would also be obvious why he didn't stick around: armed leftist mobs (or as Sea of Red would call them, innocent, peaceful protesters) immediately started hitting the car with baseball bats.
                  So he was attacked first?
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

This whole situation is messy. Police are being called to account for not actively intervening while the two groups violently clashed under the (I assume liberal) premise that too strong a response from police will simply make things worse. Police were also accused of misdirecting people and "sending them to the wrong side of the park so they would have to go through the crowd [of leftists]."

"We were told by police to walk around the perimeter, past one of the two parks where [the counter-protesters] had a permit to rally. Antifa came out and they started following us down a dead end where the police would not let us through to go to Lee Park, so we had to go back through the lines of [counter-protesters] … at that point a giant melee broke out. It’s hard to say who started it or how it started. It seemed to be some of the Black Lives Matter activists got in our faces and started assaulting us and the natural response was self-defense … What I didn’t expect was the inability or the refusal of the police department to respond to threats."

Another participant says that "[the police] did not separate the demonstrators and counter-demonstrators, they were poorly underequipped for the situation, they stood idly by when violent counter-protesters attacked the participants of the rally and then they forced our demonstrators out of Lee Park and into a melee with Antifa." He went on to say that "Charlottesville violated the federal court’s order by shutting down the rally at Lee Park after left-wing agitators began throwing bricks at us. Our right to free speech was violated when the police officers acquiesced to the unconstitutional ‘heckler’s veto’ raised by our detractors."

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...tream-account/

Comment

• Source: New York Times

“There was no police presence,” Ms. Caine-Conley said. “We were watching people punch each other; people were bleeding all the while police were inside of barricades at the park, watching. It was essentially just brawling on the street and community members trying to protect each other.”

Mr. Kessler, too, complained.

In a statement, he said the authorities had “exacerbated the violence” by failing to separate his followers from counterprotesters. He said his group had “networked with law enforcement officials” months ago on a plan for maintaining safety, which he said was not followed, and he called the police “underequipped for the situation.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/13/u...ionalists.html

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post

Perfect, I guess Trump knows what's up. Hopefully he slaps McAuliffe with civil rights charges, that evil scumbag needs to pay.
                        Can you document the violence committed by the protesters opposed to the White racist protesters?
                        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Interesting take from the Washington Post:

Fear of ‘violent left’ preceded events in Charlottesville

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.210becfeeff1

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            Source: New York Times

“There was no police presence,” Ms. Caine-Conley said. “We were watching people punch each other; people were bleeding all the while police were inside of barricades at the park, watching. It was essentially just brawling on the street and community members trying to protect each other.”

Mr. Kessler, too, complained.

In a statement, he said the authorities had “exacerbated the violence” by failing to separate his followers from counterprotesters. He said his group had “networked with law enforcement officials” months ago on a plan for maintaining safety, which he said was not followed, and he called the police “underequipped for the situation.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/13/u...ionalists.html

© Copyright Original Source

I had heard that. The police pretty much did nothing but let it happen and they shouldn't have.
                            A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Now that the President has openly condemned certain groups by name, the mainstream media is wringing its hand wondering why President Trump didn't condemn the violence sooner, as if they had forgotten that the President explicitly condemned the violence "on many sides" almost as soon as it happened.

Seriously, what is wrong with liberals?

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                                Because, as their comments amply demonstrate, some of those here agree with the attitudes and actions of the torch, shield and gun-wielding right-wingers who demonstrated in Charlottesville.
                                Not sure what you mean by attitudes but yes, we are fine with self defense.
                                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment