Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

White Supremacists protest at UVA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    then how can he be a white supremacist?
    Why wouldn't he be able to be?

Comment

• Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
      So someone drove a car into a crowd, killing one person & wounding several others, because the crowd was supposedly violent?

I visit several forums/news sites to try to get out of my 'bubble' and see opposing viewpoints first hand, but I have yet to come across a discussion on this incident which resembles anything like this one, and so I am sort of fascinated.
      Did you look at the videos I posted? One of the antifas hit the guy's car with a bat before he slammed on the accelerator. Then after the smash a bunch of them jumped with bats to hit the car which pretty much left him no choice other than to quickly back out through them, even if it had been only an accident up to that point.

prior to that the piece of human garbage governor ordered the cops to aggravate the situation, first by refusing to separate the two sides, then by canceling their permit (and only their permit, despite already trying to illegally cancel the protest and being ordered by the supreme court not to) then second by pushing the right wing protesters through the antifas (instead of just letting them leave through the other side without incident).

The car smash was simply the culmination of a series of events that involved both state civil rights violation and aggravation and civillian left wing rioters. Focusing on it and pretending prior events don't exist makes no sense. I'm not surprised you won't hear about it on leftist sites though, the left in the US has pretty much come to the conclusion that nobody but them has any civil rights whatsoever. see psychic missile's earlier posts that it "makes sense" that Ben Shapiro and Charles Murray (both well within the mainstream of american conservative thought) would be violently assaulted because they harm minorities (presumably by not supporting enough wealth transfer)
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
        Well society put me in the white group - so I get to be proud too - right?
        Proud of what? Minority pride groups exist because they have been discriminated against. They are saying that in spite of oppression, they are proud of who they are. White people as a general group have never been oppressed. That's why white pride is associated with white supremacy. White people are already on top and are the primary oppressors. There's no need for a white pride group similar to minority pride groups, so it can mean nothing else but white supremacy. There are pride movements for people of Italian, Irish, and Polish heritage because those groups were also oppressed. If you have any ancestry there, that should be enough to sate your strange jealousy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          I don't suppose it has dawned on firstfloor that modern liberalism looks more like the Nazi party than does modern conservatism.
          Down to an eugenics rennaisance:

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/08/1...nate-syndrome/

DHS-10vVYAAlxnq.jpg
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
            Proud of what? Minority pride groups exist because they have been discriminated against. They are saying that in spite of oppression, they are proud of who they are. White people as a general group have never been oppressed. That's why white pride is associated with white supremacy. White people are already on top and are the primary oppressors. There's no need for a white pride group similar to minority pride groups, so it can mean nothing else but white supremacy. There are pride movements for people of Italian, Irish, and Polish heritage because those groups were also oppressed. If you have any ancestry there, that should be enough to sate your strange jealousy.
            Pretty much all of this is false. White LIBERALS are on top and they go out of their way to oppress other white people. Most minorities are allied with the white liberal and thus oppressors themselves, not oppressed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
              Me: White pride is fine if it's not a euphemism for KKK and neo-Nazism.
              Seer: So black pride is automatically racist because the New Black Panthers use it?

Adrift, can you find an excuse for the above?
              Do you have trouble with that talking out of both side of your mouth like that? Stop being hypocritical, if it is racist for one side it is racist for both.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                Down to an eugenics rennaisance:

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/08/1...nate-syndrome/

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23699[/ATTACH]
                A literal "opium of the people".
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                  I am, Communism is murderous and unamerican.
                  So is the Alt-Right "unAmerican". The white supremacists marching in Charlottesville were not ashamed when they shouted, “Jews will not replace us.” They were not ashamed to wear Nazi symbols, to carry torches, to harass and beat counter-protesters. They wanted their beliefs on display. Is this what you define as "American"? Trump seems to. And David Duke has praised Trump for his stance on Charlottesville. This is the unashamed white nationalist, politician, antisemitic conspiracy theorist, Holocaust denier, convicted felon, and former Imperial Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan. Is THIS American?

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  Yes I agree that the Antifa needs to be stopped, alone with the Communists in the crowd.
                  What about stopping the Alt-Right?
                  Last edited by Tassman; 08-15-2017, 08:23 PM.
                  “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                    So is the Alt-Right "unAmerican". The white supremacists marching in Charlottesville were not ashamed when they shouted, “Jews will not replace us.” They were not ashamed to wear Nazi symbols, to carry torches, to harass and beat counter-protesters. They wanted their beliefs on display. Is this what you define as "American"? Trump seems to. And David Duke has praised Trump for his stance on Charlottesville. This is the unashamed white nationalist, politician, antisemitic conspiracy theorist, Holocaust denier, convicted felon, and former Imperial Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan. Is THIS American?

What needs to be stopped is the violence. Who has done more of it?
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Pretty much all of this is false. White LIBERALS are on top and they go out of their way to oppress other white people. Most minorities are allied with the white liberal and thus oppressors themselves, not oppressed.
                      Why do you think liberals have the most power? Can you give examples of the oppression of white people?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                        What needs to be stopped is the violence. Who has done more of it?
                        The one's who started if, i.e. the Alt-Right and its associated hate groups such as the Neo-Nazis, White Supremacists and Anti-Semites.
                        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                          Do you have trouble with that talking out of both side of your mouth like that? Stop being hypocritical, if it is racist for one side it is racist for both.
                          Read it again.
                          Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                          MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Because germany happened to be allied with Japan, who attacked the US.
                            A prime example of the victor rewriting history.
                            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                            Scripture before Tradition:
                            but that won't prevent others from
                            taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                            of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                              Yep, he's essentially attempting to make an argument that forces you to reflect on your perspective. So when he says "So black pride is automatically racist because the New Black Panthers use it?", he's not saying that that's something you actually have said. What he's saying is that if you actually believe that a motto can be racist if it is adopted by a hateful group (your point to me), then going by your own words, logically you should also admit that black pride is racist (because of its association with the Black Panthers).
                              There's a big difference between 'can be' and 'is', and an even bigger difference between 'can be' and 'is automatically'. I have no problem agreeing that 'black pride' can be racist. But that doesn't mean it's automatically racist.

Again, Roy, like in the other thread. I don't get why you're having such a hard time understanding seer. These are age old discussion techniques. Lot's of people debate or discuss issues in this fashion. This isn't anything new, nor is it intended as misrepresentation.
                              Lots of people debate/discuss by pointing out consequences or corollaries of their statements. Very few discuss/debate by asking people if they agree with the opposite of what they've just said.
                              Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                              MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post

Are you daft Tass? There is not a conservative on this board that supports Nazis or the KKK, but I bet there are some leftists here that do support Communists, Black lives and the Antifa. And the fact is riot after riot in the last year or so has been started by the left, it was a leftist who murdered five police officers in Dallas, a leftist who shot a congressman and three other. And remember the Alt-right had a permit to march and protest, the alt-left did not, so their protest was unlawful. And they were there to start trouble, because if they didn't show up there would have been no problems. But this is not surprising, the left has been using violence to shut down speech for some time now - from Ann Coulter, to Heather MacDonald, to Charles Murray to Milo Yiannopoulos to Trump events...
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment