Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Sit Down and Shut Up, You <insert strong language here>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PM, I'll get back to you a bit later. My online time is a bit limited tonight and I want to give a better answer than I would if I'm rushing. Thanks!
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
      Conservatism is just liberalism from 10 years ago. They can't even conserve the women's washroom, the idea that they have any power is hysterically funny. Neocons have power, but they are just the militant arm of the progressive movement. Social Justice Warriors and corporations have all the real power in the US.
      What are you talking about? None of this makes sense.

Nazism was german supremacy, most neonazis are just ignorant of nazism or germans themselves. It makes little sense for white supremacy to turn into nazism when it would exclude most white supremacists.
      The Aryan/Nordic race included countries outside of then-Germany.

You are worse than a neonazi if you seriously think that and I hope nobody else on this board has any more questions about why I'm siding with the neonazis here. It's not like PMS is some sort of radical, he's a typical tweb leftist. KG? Roy?
      You shouldn't for any reason be siding with neonazis.

Anachronism, alt-right was not almost entirely associated with nazis and white supremacists when bannon said that.
      The alt-right and white supremacism are and always were the same thing and are/were on the same spectrum as nazism. The time period is irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
        Even if your conspiracy theory were true, you'd still be wrong. It's hard to beat white supremacists when it comes to fascist policy. I differentiate between white supremacists and neonazis. However, white supremacists will turn into neonazis if left unabated, so I will construe the two when I talk about the endgame. Murray and Shapiro are both very influential people who want to bring harm to minorities. It's no wonder there's a violent response.
        When did Ben Shapiro ever say he wanted to harm minorities? I want an exact quote saying he wants to harm minorities not that you disagree with his view on what will help them.

btw he is not alt right, or in the white supremacist movements infact they wont have him he's an Orthodox Jew.
        Last edited by RumTumTugger; 08-15-2017, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
          When did Ben Shapiro ever say he wanted to harm minorities? I want an exact quote saying he wants to harm minorities not that you disagree with his view on what will help them.

btw he is not alt right, or in the white supremacist movements infact they wont have him he's an Orthodox Jew.
          He doesn't want to harm minorities, he wants to bring harm to minorities through policy advocacy. I know he's not alt-right/white supremacist and he has actually had a bad relationship with them.

Comment

What are you talking about? None of this makes sense.
            Reality rarely does to a liberal.

The Aryan/Nordic race included countries outside of then-Germany.
            German refers to a race, not a political entity. And within the Aryan group there were classifications, of which Germanics were the highest. So no, just because Hitler considered a lot of europeans aryan does not make it a white supremacist ideology because many of the other groups were still inferior to germanics, just not as low as, say, Jews.

You shouldn't for any reason be siding with neonazis.
            Wrong. Nazis are not of any particular threat to me. So there's no reason to side with you, who are, over them.

The alt-right and white supremacism are and always were the same thing and are/were on the same spectrum as nazism. The time period is irrelevant.
            No, you are either ignorant or lying for propaganda purposes. Either way, you're wasting your time, attempts to smear Bannon as a white supremacist have failed completely. Nobody buys them.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Yes, he's been personally harassed by alt right members online.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

He doesn't want to harm minorities, he wants to bring harm to minorities through policy advocacy. I know he's not alt-right/white supremacist and he has actually had a bad relationship with them.
                what specific policy do you not agree with him on that makes you ascribe a false motive to him.

Comment

what specific policy do you not agree with him on that makes you ascribe a false motive to him.
                  The usual conservative suspects: feminism, race, homosexuality, transrights, healthcare, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                    German refers to a race, not a political entity. And within the Aryan group there were classifications, of which Germanics were the highest. So no, just because Hitler considered a lot of europeans aryan does not make it a white supremacist ideology because many of the other groups were still inferior to germanics, just not as low as, say, Jews.
                    Can you link me to an academic definition of Aryan that doesn't include other countries or that there was a superior subgroup that didn't include other countries?

Wrong. Nazis are not of any particular threat to me. So there's no reason to side with you, who are, over them.
                    You shouldn't side against them because they're a threat, you should side against them because their view is intrinsically immoral.

No, you are either ignorant or lying for propaganda purposes. Either way, you're wasting your time, attempts to smear Bannon as a white supremacist have failed completely. Nobody buys them.
                    What/where do you consider to be the origin of the alt-right?

Comment

Can you link me to an academic definition of Aryan that doesn't include other countries or that there was a superior subgroup that didn't include other countries?
                      The fact the Nazis killed 6 million white Jews and killed millions of white Slavics should tell you how big Nazis were/are into the whole white supremency thing.
                      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                        The fact the Nazis killed 6 million white Jews and killed millions of white Slavics should tell you how big Nazis were/are into the whole white supremency thing.
                        Strictly speaking the Nazis were into Aryan supremacy. They didn't consider Jews and Slavs to be the same race as white Europeans. They considered them, along with Turks, Syrians, Armenians and others, to be non-Aryans: descendants of an Eastern, Asian race.

The Nazis were thoroughly into 'white' supremacy. They simply had different criteria regarding who counted as 'white'. Jews and Slavs didn't.
                        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                        MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

...and I just discovered that the author of "The Wizard of Oz" championed the genocide of Native Americans.
                          Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                          MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                            Strictly speaking the Nazis were into Aryan supremacy. They didn't consider Jews and Slavs to be the same race as white Europeans. They considered them, along with Turks, Syrians, Armenians and others, to be non-Aryans: descendants of an Eastern, Asian race.

The Nazis were thoroughly into 'white' supremacy. They simply had different criteria regarding who counted as 'white'. Jews and Slavs didn't.
                            And yet, many Americans seem to assume white means white skin tones and assume Nazis have the same idea when they don't. Nazi ideology is that the aryan race was the superior race that had been watered down by inferior races (such as Jews and Slavs). So yeah, just as I said. Nazis were not into white supremacy the way many Americans assume. They divided races into more than mere skin tones.
                            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                              ...and I just discovered that the author of "The Wizard of Oz" championed the genocide of Native Americans.
                              It was a common mindset in the era of Manifest Destiny.
                              That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                                It was a common mindset in the era of Manifest Destiny.
                                It boggles me that people judge past cultures by OUR values and assume that our societies values are the right ones and everyone else's are immoral. What will people 200 years from now think about our society, and does that make them right?

Comment