Has Anybody Heard From Arlene?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Anybody Heard From Arlene?

OK, so I got about the TWENTIETH cell phone call "hello, is Arlene there?" Same man's 'friendly' voice (pesky salesman)

Can somebody PLEASE tell me who Arlene is, and let her know she's getting lots of phone calls!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Next time tell him, "yes, this is she - there is a $15 charge for the first five minutes and $5 per minute thereafter, you naughty boy."
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      OK, so I got about the TWENTIETH cell phone call "hello, is Arlene there?" Same man's 'friendly' voice (pesky salesman)

Can somebody PLEASE tell me who Arlene is, and let her know she's getting lots of phone calls!
      I've been getting calls asking to speak to George for about a month now. When I Googled a couple of the numbers some popped up on scam watch websites.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        I've been getting calls asking to speak to George for about a month now. When I Googled a couple of the numbers some popped up on scam watch websites.
        This is reminiscent of the old days when they would call your office telling you they were your copier toner supplier, and wanting to confirm the model of your copier. If they could get your "yes" recorded on tape, they could "prove" you actually ordered the boatload of toner they were sending you, and invoicing.

If it's a number I don't recognize, I don't say anything at all... I just wait to hear them start their schpiel, and often, because of the silence, the call just goes dead. No doubt a robocall, waiting for a voice, so they can automatically transfer it to the next available scheister.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

My mortgage company (should have it paid off in less than two years) was calling me a month ago wanting to know if I wanted to remortgage the place. The problem was when I answered they usually either hung up or immediately put me on hold blaring music in my ear.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            My mortgage company (should have it paid off in less than two years) was calling me a month ago wanting to know if I wanted to remortgage the place. The problem was when I answered they usually either hung up or immediately put me on hold blaring music in my ear.
            Congrats on the soon-to-be payoff!!!

Comment

I just tell them the have the wrong number. If they continue, I tell them by FCC laws its harrassment nd I'll be thanking them for their $1000 in court per call. They usually never call again after that.
              A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Just tell her I called nest time you hear from her.
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                  Next time tell him, "yes, this is she - there is a $15 charge for the first five minutes and $5 per minute thereafter, you naughty boy."

Comment

Arlene says hi and take a message for her.

Comment

I got a call recently from some research group. They wanted to talk to somebody over the age of 13.

I told them there was nobody here that fit that category.

There was dead silence on the other end.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                        I got a call recently from some research group. They wanted to talk to somebody over the age of 13.

I told them there was nobody here that fit that category.

There was dead silence on the other end.
                        When my youngest daughter (born in 1980) was about 4 years old, I would always turn sales calls over to her. She loved it!

Comment

Originally posted by teallaura View Post
                          next time tell him, "yes, this is she - there is a $15 charge for the first five minutes and $5 per minute thereafter, you naughty boy."
                          lol!
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment