Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Corporatists have decided Kamala Harris is their 2020 democrat candidate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Mueller's sole goal right now is to dig up as much dirt on Trump as he can so the Democrats have something to use against him in three-years. The investigation is essentially tax-payer funded opposition research at this point.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      I think Mueller's sole goal right now is to dig up as much dirt on Trump as he can so the Democrats have something to use against him in three-years. The investigation is essentially tax-payer funded opposition research at this point.
      Actually that might not be a bad precedent to set.

A new policy that means that every presidential candidate is thoroughly investigated and all stages of said investigation to be made public could mean that future candidates have a lot less skeletons in their closet.
      Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
      1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
      -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post

A new policy that means that every presidential candidate is thoroughly investigated and all stages of said investigation to be made public could mean that future candidates have a lot less skeletons in their closet.
        Um, where would you get candidates from, then? There's no pool of perfect people that can withstand extreme scrutiny.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post

Everybody already does face that sort of scrutiny and they tend to get released shortly before the election ("October Surprise" is the term in the US). As Teal said, everybody has their share of skeletons. Bush wasn't seriously hurt when his drunk driving conviction came out right before the 2000 election; the attempted 2004 October Surprise accusing him of draft dodging actually backfired when it was immediately debunked, and of course the 2016 release of Trump's audiotape didn't cost him either.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            Um, where would you get candidates from, then? There's no pool of perfect people that can withstand extreme scrutiny.
            Obama was scrutinized probably more than any other politician in recorded history and nothing really stuck to the point that it prevented him from passing his agenda.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
              Obama was scrutinized probably more than any other politician in recorded history and nothing really stuck to the point that it prevented him from passing his agenda.
              That really took place after the election. Remember how surprised the media was concerning some of the things written in Obama's autobiography[1] several years into his term? They hadn't even bothered to read it but relied on reviews.

1. Seriously, who writes an autobiography before they had even accomplished something really noteworthy?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                1. Seriously, who writes an autobiography before they had even accomplished something really noteworthy?
                Anyone who's led an interesting life and thinks their story would sell well.
                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  That really took place after the election. Remember how surprised the media was concerning some of the things written in Obama's autobiography[1] several years into his term? They hadn't even bothered to read it but relied on reviews.

True, but he seemed relatively unhurt when running for re-election. All the focus was on the Palin sideshow.

Comment

True, but he seemed relatively unhurt when running for re-election. All the focus was on the Palin sideshow.
                    Palin was in the first election.
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                      Palin was in the first election.
                      Uh, yeah, that's right

Comment

More than Bill Clinton? More than George W. Bush? I have trouble believing that. Unless you were being deliberately ironic?

As I recall, the mainstream media went out of its way to not scrutinize Obama and put most of their efforts into dethroning HIllary who was the presumptive nominee, and later turned their sites on Sarah Palin who received considerably more scrutiny at their hands than Obama ever did. They were studiously disinterested in any of Obama's many unsavory and questionable connections ("Who is William Ayers?" "Just some guy in my neighborhood." "OK then! No need to look into that any further!"), and a study at the time of the election showed that for every one positive story about McCain, there were three about Obama, and for every one negative story about Obama, there were three about McCain. The reason nothing "stuck" is because the media did everything in their power to make sure it didn't stick.

Comment

True, but he seemed relatively unhurt when running for re-election.
                          It helps to have the media actively working for your side, sweeping negatives under the rug while uttering paeans to the Obamessiah.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

More than Bill Clinton? More than George W. Bush? I have trouble believing that. Unless you were being deliberately ironic?

As I recall, the mainstream media went out of its way to not scrutinize Obama and put most of their efforts into dethroning HIllary who was the presumptive nominee, and later turned their sites on Sarah Palin who received considerably more scrutiny at their hands than Obama ever did. They were studiously disinterested in any of Obama's many unsavory and questionable connections ("Who is William Ayers?" "Just some guy in my neighborhood." "OK then! No need to look into that any further!"), and a study at the time of the election showed that for every one positive story about McCain, there were three about Obama, and for every one negative story about Obama, there were three about McCain. The reason nothing "stuck" is because the media did everything in their power to make sure it didn't stick.
                            The real irony in their attacks on Palin concerned her lack of experience when she actually had more than Obama did. And she would only have been Vice President not the President.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

For that matter, "Joe the Plumber" got more scrutiny than Obama ever did when the real story was Obama's answer to Joe's question!

Comment

For that matter, "Joe the Plumber" got more scrutiny than Obama ever did when the real story was Obama's answer to Joe's question!
                                The question he asked and how it embarrassed the Obamessiah was reason enough to dig up dirt on him in an effort to punish him and make an example of him.

Comment