Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.08.15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.08.15

Glory Seed Devotional’s, 2017: Anticipating and Experiencing Jehovah-Jireh...
    Where are you God...
    Shalom!

Rubbing her eyes in an effort to wake up Mary Jane rolled over and slowly climbed out of bed. It was Saturday and she did not need to go into work and Saturday mornings were reserved for a jog through the countryside. Usually she was excited about her run but not today the events of the past couple of weeks left her discouraged, depressed, and little hope. “I can feel just as defeated here as I can on my jog so might as well get out of here for a while,” she told herself. 20 minutes later she opened her car door at a local jogger’s path and began her run.

Minutes later, “God,” she began, “it is getting harder and harder for me to believe in you. Life keeps punching the life out of me and you are not helping. Either you don’t exist or don’t give a rip about me. ‘He’ll never give you any more than you can handle,’ I’ve been told over and over I am so tired of hearing those words.” Mary Jane stopped for a moment wiped the tears from her eyes took a slow drink of water then began jogging again.

The more she thought about the dark corridors life had presented her the faster she jogged minutes later she was at a dead run. Seeing a bench, she slowed then dropped on it. Leaned over put her head in her hands and they began crying again. “Why God!” she screamed at the top of her lungs. “If you’re not willing to help me at least don’t make it harder for me!”

Suddenly the path became silent, even the wind had stopped the only sound to be heard were MJ’s soft sobbing seconds later feelings of guilt began settling in her heart. “Oh, my God what am I saying? What caused me to question you? Why have I forgotten the times when you carried me? Can you please forgive me for questioning and dishonoring you? I don’t know what is going to happen but not believing in you won’t help.”

Mary Jane wiped the tears from her eyes one last time. Then jumped to her feet and continued her jog. Seconds later deep inside she heard a quiet yet piercing voice whispering, “Never give up. Eagerly follow the Holy Spirit and serve the Lord. Let your hope make you glad. Be patient in time of trouble and never stop praying.” (Romans 12:11-12 CEV)

Could it be that Mary Jane’s story is your story?

“May God be merciful and bless us. May his face smile with favor on us.” **
    Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://www.gloryseeddevotionals.org.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

**Psalm 67:1, New Living Translation

Great word Gary! Keep the Faith!
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

I'm familiar with your story's scenario Gary, generally if not specifically. Great and powerful story to tell!
      3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X