Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Abrams calls for removal of Confederate faces off Stone Mountain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    And it's only "questionable in some instances," meaning he has no problem with liberal violence in other instances.
    Heck, you can't pin him down even that far. His citation doesn't explicitly mention violence.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• You're right; he refers to it as "methods". Funny how he thinks such weaselly double-speak qualifies as firm denunciation of liberal violence.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
        Oh yes. You fail to admit that what is often called the left in this violence are opposed to many of the freedoms Americans have historically enjoyed such as free speech. They are both evil and destructive of social cohesion.
        I’ll make it simple for the dummies. What Antifa is opposing is Fascism, as its name indicates. Fascism is, I think generally agreed, a bad thing. OTOH the Neo-Nazis and the KKK promote Nazism. Hence the goals of Antifa are good in opposing Nazism, even if their methodology is sometimes bad (e.g. the violent bits...clear enough?)

There is no moral equivalence between the goals of Antifa and the goals of the Neo-Nazis as implied by Trump and his Evangelical supporters...to the extent that the former Grand Wizard thanked Trump for blaming 'alt-left' for Charlottesville. He said: "We're going to fulfil the promises of Donald Trump, and that's what we believed in, that's why we voted for Donald Trump, because he said he's going to take our country back and that's what we gotta do".

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/346...harlottesville

This is what’s being condemned by virtually everybody, from political leaders on both sides to the heads of business and international leaders...except the Evangelicals, as is evident from the kerfuffle were seeing on these boards.
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
          I’ll make it simple for the dummies. What Antifa is opposing is Fascism, as its name indicates. Fascism is, I think generally agreed, a bad thing. OTOH the Neo-Nazis and the KKK promote Nazism. Hence the goals of Antifa are good in opposing Nazism, even if their methodology is sometimes bad (e.g. the violent bits...clear enough?)

There is no moral equivalence between the goals of Antifa and the goals of the Neo-Nazis as implied by Trump and his Evangelical supporters...to the extent that the former Grand Wizard thanked Trump for blaming 'alt-left' for Charlottesville. He said: "We're going to fulfil the promises of Donald Trump, and that's what we believed in, that's why we voted for Donald Trump, because he said he's going to take our country back and that's what we gotta do".

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/346...harlottesville

This is what’s being condemned by virtually everybody, from political leaders on both sides to the heads of business and international leaders...except the Evangelicals, as is evident from the kerfuffle were seeing on these boards.
          her's the thing Tassman. Not one person here has agreed or defended the Nazis or the KKK's goals or values. YET, because we defend the constitution and everyone's right to free speech and we condemned the violence on both sides you, JimL and Starlight have accused us of defending Nazism and even being Nazis. You even do it again above! Even though we have repeatedly and explicitly condemned the KKK and Nazis. and we have condemned the violence no matter who did it. explicitly.

Yet you now claim the YOU have been condemning the violence too when in fact you have been defending it. You have zero credibility here Tassman. You are a liar and a hypocrite. With every post you make you make all liberals look worse.

Not only that but you can't even see that the Antifa ARE fascists.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            But not in name, and that is what rules for Tass. Image over reality is his position. I have yet to see anyone with any credibility defend KKK and crew. I have seen defense of the Constitution of The United States, but not from Tass and his ilk.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

her's the thing Tassman. Not one person here has agreed or defended the Nazis or the KKK's goals or values.
              Well you’d better tell that to the former Grand Wizard of the KKK, David Duke, who thanked Trump and his supporters for blaming 'alt-left' for Charlottesville instead of the KKK and White Supremacists.
              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Antifa may employ forcible suppression of opposition, but that doesn't make them fascists unless they also support strong government, nationalism and state control of industry and commerce.
                Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Well you’d better tell that to the former Grand Wizard of the KKK, David Duke, who thanked Trump and his supporters for blaming 'alt-left' for Charlottesville instead of the KKK and White Supremacists.
                  We are not David Duke. Nice attempt at moving the goal posts. I was talking about twebbers, which you accused of being Nazi supporters just because we defended the constitution and at no time defended the Nazi views of the KKK or White supremacists.

And regarding KKK thanking Trump? So what? How can Trump determine who supports him. I bet there were some pretty unsavory characters supporting Hillary too. Like the Black Panthers. Does that make Hillary a racist?

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                    Antifa may employ forcible suppression of opposition, but that doesn't make them fascists unless they also support strong government, nationalism and state control of industry and commerce.
                    If you are going to nitpick the definition instead of going with the general use of the term as a pejorative, then neither are the KKK and White Supremacists "Fascists"

Fascism is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and control of industry and commerce.

But most of the left are just defining fascists as racism and forcible suppression. Which the antifa are doing in spades. The KKK isn't even trying to forcible suppress the opposition. They were just protesting. They don't want to control industry or even to change the government, they just want to promote their racist ideas and separate the races. The Antifa on the other hand want to force their ideas onto others, using violence to get their way. They are against freedom of speech and democracy. They want to be the dictator of what you can and cannot do. The thought police. They claim to be anarchists but in reality they are authoritarian thugs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                      Is this the same David Duke that President Trump explicitly denounced during his campaign?

"David Duke is a bad person, who I disavowed on numerous occasions over the years. I disavowed him. I disavowed the KKK. Do you want me to do it again for the 12th time? I disavowed him in the past, I disavow him now."

Besides, President Trump never blamed the "alt-left" only. On the contrary, he explicitly condemned the "egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides." You'd have to be a liberal moron (hey, look who I'm talking to!) to read that statement as giving the KKK a free pass. But even if that statement was somehow unclear, he later said, "Racism is evil and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans. [...] To anyone who acted criminally in this weekend’s racist violence, you will be held accountable."

So, no, Trump never exonerated white supremacists in any way, shape, or form.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Is this the same David Duke that President Trump explicitly denounced during his campaign?

"David Duke is a bad person, who I disavowed on numerous occasions over the years. I disavowed him. I disavowed the KKK. Do you want me to do it again for the 12th time? I disavowed him in the past, I disavow him now."

Besides, President Trump never blamed the "alt-left" only. On the contrary, he explicitly condemned the "egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides." You'd have to be a liberal moron (hey, look who I'm talking to!) to read that statement as giving the KKK a free pass. But even if that statement was somehow unclear, he later said, "Racism is evil and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans. [...] To anyone who acted criminally in this weekend’s racist violence, you will be held accountable."

So, no, Trump never exonerated white supremacists in any way, shape, or form.
                        Tassy is merely trying to move the goal posts and change the topic of him claiming to have condemned the violence of the Antifa, when he did no such thing and can't point to any evidence he did.

Comment

If you are going to nitpick the definition instead of going with the general use of the term as a pejorative, then neither are the KKK and White Supremacists "Fascists"
                          I doubt that when you wrote 'Antifa ARE fascists.' you were using it as just a pejorative. Anyway, you're wrong. Neo-Nazis do support nationalism and strong, all-encompassing authoritarian government.
                          Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                          MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Who cares what a deranged moron thinks?

Then again, I am responding to you.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I doubt that when you wrote 'Antifa ARE fascists.' you were using it as just a pejorative. Anyway, you're wrong. Neo-Nazis do support nationalism and strong, all-encompassing authoritarian government.
                              It would be better to say that antifa perfectly mimics the tactics of the fascists.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

KKK are not Nazis.

Comment