Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Abrams calls for removal of Confederate faces off Stone Mountain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
    Yes. They banned abortion among Aryans. They imprisoned those who sought or performed one. Didn't you know?
    They also forced abortions on anyone whom they deemed unfit to give birth or was defective in any way and sterilized them and often experimented on them and killed them and dissected fetuses. So no, I would not call them pro-life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      TWebber’s such as MM and you support Trump and Trump is supported by the KKK and neo-Nazis. The latter was recognised by those on all sides of politics who distanced themselves from Trump over his moral equivalency stance, whilst the Twebber's continue to defend it. Interesting!

TWebber’s such as Jimmy and you supported Obama and Obama was supported by Vester Lee Flanagan, who murdered Allison Parker and Adam Ward on air. Guilt by Association for the win!!!
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Yes. They banned abortion among Aryans. They imprisoned those who sought or performed one. Didn't you know?
        No they didn't.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_Germany

Nazi Germany's eugenics laws liberalized abortion for both Aryan and non-Aryan women. Aryan women could obtain an abortion simply by demonstrating that either parent had an hereditary defect or that the child would be born with a congenital defect.

© Copyright Original Source

That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          They also forced abortions on anyone whom they deemed unfit to give birth or was defective in any way and sterilized them and often experimented on them and killed them and dissected fetuses. So no, I would not call them pro-life.
          That's because you consider Jews, Romanies and other non-Aryans to be humans, not degenerate subhumans.
          Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
          MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            No they didn't.
            Hmmm, you're right, they didn't imprison them, they executed them.
            Source: ibid

In Nazi Germany, the penalties for abortion were increased again. In 1943, providing an abortion to an "Aryan" woman became a capital offense.

© Copyright Original Source

AFAIK many pro-lifers allow exceptions if the mother's life is endangered or the foetus is deformed, so the above exceptions wouldn't stop the Nazi position from being essentially pro-life.
            Last edited by Roy; 09-12-2017, 08:29 AM.
            Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

That's because you consider Jews, Romanies and other non-Aryans to be humans, not degenerate subhumans.
              nice attempt at rationalizing it. But to characterize Nazi Germany as Pro-Life is ridiculous. They didn't care about saving lives or even if the fetus was a person or not. They just wanted to perfect their master race. Force women to give birth to Aryan ubermench and destroy any that were defective. Eugenics is not "pro-life" - it is selective breeding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                nice attempt at rationalizing it.
                Thank you
                But to characterize Nazi Germany as Pro-Life is ridiculous. They didn't care about saving lives or even if the fetus was a person or not. They just wanted to perfect their master race. Force women to give birth to Aryan ubermench and destroy any that were defective. Eugenics is not "pro-life" - it is selective breeding.
                Sure, their rationale was different (though I doubt the rationale behind modern pro-life views is consistent enough for this to matter), but the result was the same - abortion of German babies was illegal.

There were some unexpected side-effects though. Without Nazi eugenics, we'd never have had Mama Mia.

Comment

Thank you Sure, their rationale was different (though I doubt the rationale behind modern pro-life views is consistent enough for this to matter), but the result was the same - abortion of German babies was illegal.

There were some unexpected side-effects though. Without Nazi eugenics, we'd never have had Mama Mia.
                  Pro-life is about protecting fetuses because they are people. Because human life is important. To try to apply the label to a utilitarian eugenics program is, quite frankly, abhorrent.

Comment

Thank you Sure, their rationale was different (though I doubt the rationale behind modern pro-life views is consistent enough for this to matter), but the result was the same - abortion of German babies was illegal.

While abortion of babies by healthy German women were illegal, that was not the case when it came to German women who were less healthy. Hardly the pro-Life position. What's more women in countries they conquered, especially in Eastern Europe, were strongly "encouraged" to have an abortion when they got pregnant (in Poland, where abortion had been illegal, their campaign was called Auswahlfeiheit: "Freedom of Choice"). Again, hardly the pro-Life position.

To characterize Nazi Germany as pro-Life is to distort reality into a pretzel shape.
                    Last edited by rogue06; 09-12-2017, 09:36 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                      TWebber’s such as MM and you support Trump and Trump is supported by the KKK and neo-Nazis.
                      This is a classic example of bad logic.

P1: A is a B.
                      P2: A is also a C.
                      C: Therefore, all Bs are Cs.

Invalid argument!
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        This is a classic example of bad logic.

P1: A is a B.
                        P2: A is also a C.
                        C: Therefore, all Bs are Cs.

Invalid argument!
                        Tassy isn't trying to use logic. He wouldn't know logic if it bit him on the butt. He is just tossing out accusations and insults. I wonder if Charles will chide him for it? Where is the tweb Nanny when you need him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                          TWebber’s such as MM and you support Trump and Trump is supported by the KKK and neo-Nazis. The latter was recognised by those on all sides of politics who distanced themselves from Trump over his moral equivalency stance, whilst the Twebber's continue to defend it. Interesting!
                          TWebber's such as JimL and you supported Obama and Hillary and Obama and Hillary were supported by the communists[1], who are responsible for the genocidal murder of tens of millions (Stalin's purges and Holodomor, Mao's Great Leap Forward and Cultural Revolution, Pol Pot's Killing Fields). Liberal Twebber's support mass murder on the grand scale. Interesting!

1. The Democrats have moved so far to the left in recent years that the communists no longer run a candidate for president but instead endorse the Democrat's nominee.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            TWebber's such as JimL and you supported Obama and Hillary and Obama and Hillary were supported by the communists[1], who are responsible for the genocidal murder of tens of millions (Stalin's purges and Holodomor, Mao's Great Leap Forward and Cultural Revolution, Pol Pot's Killing Fields). Liberal Twebber's support mass murder on the grand scale. Interesting!

1. The Democrats have moved so far to the left in recent years that the communists no longer run a candidate for president but instead endorse the Democrat's nominee.
                            And, Tassman and Charles and JimL support Starlight who has gone on the record as supporting infanticide! That means they support infancticide too! They want to go around killing infants! The horror!

Comment

Well that is sort of pro-life.
                              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                                I can't tell if you're doing a poor job playing devil's advocate, or if you really think this is valid reasoning.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment