Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Abrams calls for removal of Confederate faces off Stone Mountain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    First Star, I do not support Nazis or the KKK, I do support their right to protest.
    The Alt-Right, neo-Nazi supremacists were doing much more than exercising free-speech. They were carrying KKK style flaming torches shouting “Heil Trump” and anti-Semitic, racist slogans. They were setting out to intimidate, certain in the knowledge that Trump had their back...and they were right as Trump’s train-wreck of a press-conference in Trump Tower made clear.

Second, Communism is anti-american.
    What is anti-American is an American being killed on American soil by a Nazi.

Third, yes I do want to preserve history, the good and the bad. Remember people like Lee and Jeff Davis thought the North was violating the Constitution, not the other way around.
    That’s what museums are for.

You don’t see public statues of the other great monsters of history such as Hitler or Stalin and there should not be statues of slave owning traitors like Robert E Lee either. It says a lot about you and your Christian values that you think there should.

Fourth, if you give the left an inch they will take a mile, I have no problem with moving these statues in principle - but how long before they go after Washington or Jefferson because they were slave owners as were the majority of the Signers. We are already going that way...

You've got it back-to-front. If you give the white supremacists an inch they will take a mile, as we are seeing before our very eyes.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      The Alt-Right, neo-Nazi supremacists were doing much more than exercising free-speech. They were carrying KKK style flaming torches shouting “Heil Trump” and anti-Semitic, racist slogans. They were setting out to intimidate, certain in the knowledge that Trump had their back...and they were right as Trump’s train-wreck of a press-conference in Trump Tower made clear.
      Oh stop, Trump did not have their back - the Constitution did. If the left did not have an unlawful protest there would have been no violence, just a handful of idiots walking around with torches.

What is anti-American is an American being killed on American soil by a Nazi.
      How about cops being murdered by black leftists or a congressman and three others being shot by a leftist Bernie supporter? How about Antifa destroying and burning private property and attacking those who disagree with them?

You don’t see public statues of the other great monsters of history such as Hitler or Stalin and there should not be statues of slave owning traitors like Robert E Lee either. It says a lot about you and your Christian values that you think there should.
      Yep, Lee was a man of his time, as were many of our Founders, who were also slave owners. And of course if England had won the Revolutionary war Washington and Jefferson would have been hung as traitors. They were declared Traitors of the Crown by King George.

You've got it back-to-front. If you give the white supremacists an inch they will take a mile, as we are seeing before our very eyes.
      They are too few in numbers to really do anything, the Communists, anarchists, Black Nationalists, leftists are a much larger group and pose a much greater threat to this nation and its freedom.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

2017-08-17-dee9dfd3_large.jpg
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]23716[/ATTACH]
          That statue supports the rape culture! It must come down!
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]23716[/ATTACH]
            OMG! He is reaching for a breast!

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              Oh stop, Trump did not have their back - the Constitution did. If the left did not have an unlawful protest there would have been no violence, just a handful of idiots walking around with torches.

How about cops being murdered by black leftists or a congressman and three others being shot by a leftist Bernie supporter? How about Antifa destroying and burning private property and attacking those who disagree with them?

Yep, Lee was a man of his time, as were many of our Founders, who were also slave owners. And of course if England had won the Revolutionary war Washington and Jefferson would have been hung as traitors. They were declared Traitors of the Crown by King George.

They are too few in numbers to really do anything, the Communists, anarchists, Black Nationalists, leftists are a much larger group and pose a much greater threat to this nation and its freedom.
              You do not understand, seer. When the radical leftists kill someone or are otherwise violent it is justified. When the radical rightists do the same it is horrible and deserves mighty attack by the government.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                You do not understand, seer. When the radical leftists kill someone or are otherwise violent it is justified. When the radical rightists do the same it is horrible and deserves mighty attack by the government.
                Aint that just a claim you make to support your soft approach to murdering racists? Or what? You need to blame others for double standard in order to create some kind of "balance" in favour of racists?
                "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                  Aint that just a claim you make to support your soft approach to murdering racists? Or what? You need to blame others for double standard in order to create some kind of "balance" in favour of racists?
                  Derp. Pointing out a double standard is simply that. Don't like your ox being gored?
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Aint that just a claim you make to support your soft approach to murdering racists?
                    English is such an odd language. You could be asking about racists who murder, or murdering people who are racists.

(for the record, I'm against both)
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I see the racists on the right and the racists on the left (in general not only as applies to this particular issue) to be equally vile. But the left seems to find this to be different. In this present issue there are two equally horrible groups in opposition to each other and to human decency.
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

The Alt-Right, neo-Nazi supremacists were doing much more than exercising free-speech. They were carrying KKK style flaming torches shouting “Heil Trump” and anti-Semitic, racist slogans.
                        All of that is free speech. Why do you even pretend you support free speech, nobody's buying it.
                        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

The Alt-Right, neo-Nazi supremacists were doing much more than exercising free-speech. They were carrying KKK style flaming torches shouting “Heil Trump” and anti-Semitic, racist slogans.
                          Several decades ago the consistently liberal ACLU defended the right of a bunch of neo-Nazis to march through a prominently Jewish neighborhood in Skokie, Illinois while carrying Swastikas and wearing Nazi uniforms. The Supreme Court declared they should be allowed to do so (interestingly, the dissenters were all put on the court by Republicans).

Free speech isn't for those who say things everyone agrees with but for those who find the speech repulsive.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                            All of that is free speech. Why do you even pretend you support free speech, nobody's buying it.
                            Tassy, like most liberals, only supports "free speech" if he agrees with it. It is the height of cowardice and hypocrisy.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I don't support the destruction of art, music or books. Even when they're controversial. That being said I did spit on the statue of Bruno in Rome (as Catholic tradition encourages).

Even if someone built a statue dedicated to Satan outside of the Church I go to, I'd at worst just want it moved somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

First Stone Mountain. Next Mount Rushmore where two slave-owning president's faces are carved.
                                Vice Magazine, which originates from Montreal in Quebec, Canada, posted a Tweet calling for blowing up Mount Rushmore

They have since removed it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment