Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Abrams calls for removal of Confederate faces off Stone Mountain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abrams calls for removal of Confederate faces off Stone Mountain

Abrams calls for removal of Confederate faces off Stone Mountain

Democratic gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams called for the removal of the giant carving that depicts three Confederate war leaders on the face of state-owned Stone Mountain, saying it “remains a blight on our state and should be removed.”

“We must never celebrate those who defended slavery and tried to destroy the union,” Abrams said in a series of tweets posted early Tuesday, a response to the deadly violence sparked by white supremacist groups in Charlottesville, Va.

Removing the faces of Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson would take a monster of a sandblaster and require a change in state law. The Georgia code has a clear mandate for the memorial, saying it should be “preserved and protected for all time as a tribute to the bravery and heroism of the citizens of this state who suffered and died in their cause.”

Lawmakers and civil rights groups have called for the removal of Confederate symbols at the memorial for years. After the 2015 shooting deaths of nine black worshipers by a white supremacist in Charleston, several legislators pushed for a boycott until Rebel flags at the site come down....
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

These people won't stop until the Jefferson Memorial is gone too... This will not end well...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

So will they next remove books like The red badge of Courage or Uncle Tom's Cabin? I don'the understand.
      sigpic

Comment

When trying to establish a totalitarian system rewriting history is part of the preparation. With all it's big government push I believe that strong central authority held by Democrats is what is being pushed.
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
          With all it's big government push I believe that strong central authority held by Democrats is what is being pushed.
          Of course, that is why we saw all those Communist flags at Charlottesville...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

These are doubtless the same people who fainted at the sight of the Taliban blowing up buddha carvings.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Good.

We should only honor truly great American leaders who didn't discriminate on the basis of race, like FDR.
              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

The snowflakes think if they can close their eyes to history then it never happened. They can't deal with reality.

They condemn the Southern states as "traitors" against the USA and in the next breath they spit on our current President (Not Our President) and say they want to secede from the Union.

hey if California secedes can we remove any mention of Democrats and California from the History books?

Comment

I'm not sure what they think erasing history will accomplish.

Next thing you know, they're going to want to tear up the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution because they were written by white slave owners.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    I'm not sure what they think erasing history will accomplish.

Next thing you know, they're going to want to tear up the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution because they were written by white slave owners.
                    don't give them any ideas

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      don't give them any ideas
                      They've been symbolically shredded by liberal judges in the court system already.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        These are doubtless the same people who fainted at the sight of the Taliban blowing up buddha carvings.
                        I was hoping somebody would mention that.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Next thing you know, they're going to want to tear up the Declaration of Independence...
                          Especially that!
                          Because it mentions...

...the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God...
                          ...endowed by their Creator...
                          ...a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence...

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                            Good.

We should only honor truly great American leaders who didn't discriminate on the basis of race, like FDR.
                            I happen to think FDR should be removed from the dime because of that.
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                              I happen to think FDR should be removed from the dime because of that.
                              Just send me all the dimes you encounter, I'll take care of them.

Comment