Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Abrams calls for removal of Confederate faces off Stone Mountain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tass is from Australia - the banknotes don't have the same pictures.
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Exactly. Who notices most statues these days except for saying let's meet by that statue near the north entrance of the park?
      Look you bigot, statues are usually made of WHITE marble which makes them racist!!!!

https://hyperallergic.com/383776/why...ampaign=fbpage

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
        Tass is from Australia - the banknotes don't have the same pictures.
        DRAT! OK, so he can focus on his RACE COWARD hero.

Mitch-White-Supremacist-768x768.jpg

Good ol' Mitch has other scandals, like his Parking Lot fiasco. But, hey, he said some words Tassy liked! I guess that's all that matters.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Tass is from Australia - the banknotes don't have the same pictures.
          Yep... I love how the most vocal critics of America don't even live here.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Hey, superhypocrite --- round up all your $1, $20, $50 and $100 bills and send them to me, because they depict SLAVE OWNERS on them! I will properly dispose of them for you.
            He can't cuz he isn't even an American. He lives down in Australia which they stole from black people.

Comment

• THIS - is Antifa

And not just in America.
              Last edited by tabibito; 08-21-2017, 07:41 AM.
              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                We didn't just make up a set of essential doctrines, dimwit. They have been the essential doctrines of Christianity since the council of Nicea.
                You would think that a self-professed "expert on the subjects of Christian theology and history and biblical interpretation" would know something this basic.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                  LOL. You don't get to tell me what I can and can't do.

As it happens I wish to keep my personal details private. Revealing a particular book I'd authored would run rather contrary to that. And I have zero interest in trying to market the book to the small and antagonistic audience on this site.

Rather, I am trying to point out that when Sparko tells me there's such a thing as 'orthodoxy' and 'heresy' and seems to think he's nailing it by informing ignorant little me of something I previously didn't know... I'm actually facepalming because I would run circles around Sparko in terms of knowing what different Christian groups throughout history thought were orthodox and heretical views, and could tell you why they thought that, what their main arguments were etc.

As it happens I rarely discuss theology/biblical interpretation/christian history etc on this site these days (I once did under a different username years ago, and no I'm not telling you what it was), in part because this particular forum restricts the theological sub-forums to Christians-only, in part because there's only about 2 posters here who I judge have sufficient expertise to be worth my time talking to so different forums are a better choice, and in part because the reason I'm here is because I'm fascinated by how insane conservative US politics is compared to the rest of the Western world and this forum has a high concentration of conservative US posters.

And yet, somehow, despite the fact that I barely discuss theology / biblical interpretation / christian history, there's a bizarre talking point among conservative posters here that I have no clue on the topics, which seems to be grounded in them confusing disagreement and ignorance. It's fascinating. To repeat:
                  Keep ramping up the rhetoric.
                  For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

That works so much better than providing actual evidence.

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

He can't cuz he isn't even an American. He lives down in Australia which they stole from black people.
                    And Tasmania has a particularly wretched history having nearly eliminated the indigenous population during what was called the Black War

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You would think that a self-professed "expert on the subjects of Christian theology and history and biblical interpretation" would know something this basic.
                      That's what happens when you mistake the back of a box of breakfast cereal for scholarship.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

And Tasmania has a particularly wretched history having nearly eliminated the indigenous population during what was called the Black War
                        Well, I personally saw some guy in Australia waging war on the Aborigines, and Magnum PI had to take a break from his TV show and go down there and stop it!

(yeah, I know, it was a movie )

However, many movies are based on fact...

In January 1788 the British invaded the island continent now known as Australia. Over the following years those invaders would use all their manpower, resources, and weaponry to subjugate the indigenous people, in a war herein referred to as the Australian Aboriginal War. This may come as a shock to most non-Aboriginal Australians, for no references to the Australian Aboriginal War will be found in the standard histories of this continent. Yet the facts bear witness to the truth of its occurrence.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yep - It was pretty much the same as Custer planned at the Little Big Horn, only in Tasmania, the plan succeeded.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Well, I personally saw some guy in Australia waging war on the Aborigines, and Magnum PI had to take a break from his TV show and go down there and stop it!

(yeah, I know, it was a movie )

However, many movies are based on fact...

In January 1788 the British invaded the island continent now known as Australia. Over the following years those invaders would use all their manpower, resources, and weaponry to subjugate the indigenous people, in a war herein referred to as the Australian Aboriginal War. This may come as a shock to most non-Aboriginal Australians, for no references to the Australian Aboriginal War will be found in the standard histories of this continent. Yet the facts bear witness to the truth of its occurrence.
                            what? nothing in the history books? I bet they tore down all the statues too!

Comment

what? nothing in the history books? I bet they tore down all the statues too!
                              There may or may be not in the history books - but the letters patent for the province of South Australia are clear enough:

And we do hereby fix the Boundaries of the said Province in manner following (that is to say) On the North the twenty sixth Degree of South Latitude On the South the Southern Ocean—On the West the one hundred and thirty second Degree of East Longitude— And on the East the one hundred and

Letters patent establishing the Province of South Australia 19 February 1836
                              Page 1 of 2
                              forty first Degree of East Longitude including therein all and every the Bays and Gulfs thereof together with the Island called Kangaroo
                              Island and all and every the Islands adjacent to the said last mentioned
                              Island or to that part of the main Land of the said Province Provided Always that nothing in those our Letters Patent contained shall affect or be construed to affect the rights of any Aboriginal Natives of the said Province to the actual occupation or enjoyment in their own Persons or in the Persons of their Descendants of any Lands therein now actually occupied or enjoyed by such Natives In Witness whereof We have caused these our Letters to be made Patent Witness Ourself at Westminster the Nineteenth day of February in the sixth year of our Reign.
                              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

There may or may be not in the history books - but the letters patent for the province of South Australia are clear enough:

And we do hereby fix the Boundaries of the said Province in manner following (that is to say) On the North the twenty sixth Degree of South Latitude On the South the Southern Ocean—On the West the one hundred and thirty second Degree of East Longitude— And on the East the one hundred and

Letters patent establishing the Province of South Australia 19 February 1836
                                Page 1 of 2
                                forty first Degree of East Longitude including therein all and every the Bays and Gulfs thereof together with the Island called Kangaroo
                                Island and all and every the Islands adjacent to the said last mentioned
                                Island or to that part of the main Land of the said Province Provided Always that nothing in those our Letters Patent contained shall affect or be construed to affect the rights of any Aboriginal Natives of the said Province to the actual occupation or enjoyment in their own Persons or in the Persons of their Descendants of any Lands therein now actually occupied or enjoyed by such Natives In Witness whereof We have caused these our Letters to be made Patent Witness Ourself at Westminster the Nineteenth day of February in the sixth year of our Reign.
                                At least they're called "Persons", and not just 3/5 persons.

Comment