Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Abrams calls for removal of Confederate faces off Stone Mountain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Your avatar has a Hitler moustache. Therefore, you are a Nazi.
    I suspected that!
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      And counter protesters have just as much of a right to free speech and assembly as the hate groups do. If a hate group has a rally scheduled in Boston and 40,000 protesters show up to shout down their hate speech, thats called free speech as well.
      And counter hate group protesters have just as much of a right to free speech and assembly as the hate groups do. If a hate group has a rally scheduled in Boston and 40,000 protesters show up to shout down their hate speech, thats called free speech as well.

FIFY

I support the right of liberal hate groups like BLM to protest and speak out. I do not support their right to violence.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

But it's not a mischarecterization, you are all defending the rights of the KKK, Neo-Nazis, and white supremacist racist groups while blaming the counter-protesters for the violence. You've all made it quite clear where your allegiances lie.
        http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post471591

I suport the right of the counter protesting hate group to speak or assemble, but not turn to violence. I do not support violence from either of the two hate group sides.
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          "It's not a mischaracterization...." followed by mischaracterization. Nice.

You've made it clear that you've already decided what you think we believe, facts be damned.
          Spouting dishonest accusations does not seem to be a problem for JimL and cohorts.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            It's kind of a giveaway that you have nothing of substance when you resort to blatant inflammatory mischaracterization like this.
            It's kind of a giveaway when he is forced to grossly mischaracterize others to prop up his own views.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

But it's not a mischarecterization, you are all defending the rights of the KKK, Neo-Nazis, and white supremacist racist groups while blaming the counter-protesters for the violence. You've all made it quite clear where your allegiances lie.
              "Counter-protesters" who multiple witnesses report as starting the violence pretty much wherever they show up.

"Counter-protesters" who are often carrying communist symbols, which according to the, um, "logic" you've displayed here, means that you support the tens upon tens of millions of people slaughtered under communist regimes (Stalinist purges, Mao Great Leap Forward and Cultural Revolution, the killing fields under Pol Pot -- to name but a few).

Why do you support genocidal mass murder?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                Spouting dishonest accusations does not seem to be a problem for JimL and cohorts.
                Whenever someone is reduced to that it is a strong indication that even they are at least somewhat aware of the bankruptcy of their position.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Whenever someone is reduced to that it is a strong indication that even they are at least somewhat aware of the bankruptcy of their position.
                  Perhaps usually, but some of our liberals here seem to be totally unconnected to reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    not one of us has said anything about stopping the counter-protesters from using their free speech. We have just said that free speech does not included 1> using violence 2> stopping someone else from using THEIR free speech.

Try to pay attention.
                    Yes, and you have all, as you always do, without evidence, automatically jump to the defense of the hate groups by claiming that the violence was started by the counter protesters. One could argue that hate speech is a form of violence in and of itself. It isn't physical violence, but it is an attack and a threat to the targets of the white supremacists hatred.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      Just because we support their right to free speech doesn't mean we agree with the KKK or Nazis. The First Amendment is there exactly so ANYONE can say whatever they want without fear of being beat up or arrested. Especially speech that people don't agree with. It is all acceptable. I am just glad you don't live here, Tassman. Take your bigotry and anti-free speech rhetoric and try to convince your own country of your ideas. We ain't buying it.

Comment

• A KKK rally with cross lightings IS free speech, stupid.
                        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Yes, and you have all, as you always do, without evidence, automatically jump to the defense of the hate groups by claiming that the violence was started by the counter protesters. One could argue that hate speech is a form of violence in and of itself. It isn't physical violence, but it is an attack and a threat to the targets of the white supremacists hatred.
                          Show me one post where any one here said that only the BLM and Communists were guilty. I, and others, have repeatedly said both of these foul groups are guilty. One example of someone saying only one side was bad and the white supremacists were good. Violence is violence. Some of us went with the early reports that antifa and cohorts started the violence. True or not there were two guilty sides involved, not one.

Comment

• antifa should automatically be suspect of starting any violence in which they are involved because:

I. They openly admit they go to these events to violently assault people. If there were any antifas here they would berate useful idiots like JimL for their apologetics.
                            II. They engage in violence even when there are no "nazis" or right wingers to assault, usually against local businesses or police
                            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                              A KKK rally with cross lightings IS free speech, stupid.

Comment

• Change what was claimed and then burn straw.

Comment