Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Poll on Charlottesville march and support for views

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    You are of course welcome to your opinion. For my part, I shall continue in my laziness / provocativeness. :-)
    Never said you couldn't.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
      You are of course welcome to your opinion. For my part, I shall continue in my laziness / provocativeness. :-)
      I'm too lazy to be provocative.
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        That's bull. The Antifa started to protest ANY conservatives. Like Trump's inauguration. Or when a conservative wanted to speak at a college. They are anti-free speech. They are more fascist than the people they claim are fascist.
        "It's your fault that we're protesting you and causing violence! "
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          I dunno. IMO the best response would have been a studied pretense that nothing at all was going on - no response to the supremacists' provokations, no news coverage, nada.
          One op-ed I came across today suggested that doing nothing is the worst possible thing. Though the rest of the op-ed goes way too far in the other direction, this part was thought provoking:

Unfortunately, it’s a hell of a lot more difficult to embarrass a Nazi. They don't have legitimacy to lose. In fact they gain legitimacy by marching unopposed, as if their swastikas and burning crosses were just another example of political free expression.

By contrast, the far right do find being physically attacked embarrassing. Their movement is based on the glorification of victory, of white supremacy, of masculine and racial superiority, and scenes of white supremacists looking anything but superior undermines their claims.
          http://www.newstatesman.com/world/20...-ok-punch-nazi
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            One op-ed I came across today suggested that doing nothing is the worst possible thing.
            Yes, lots of leftists are reaching out for reasons why they should be able to assault people these days.

The quoted part is also plain wrong. If physical humiliation turned people away Richard Spencer's career would have died overnight.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

One op-ed I came across today suggested that doing nothing is the worst possible thing. Though the rest of the op-ed goes way too far in the other direction, this part was thought provoking:

http://www.newstatesman.com/world/20...-ok-punch-nazi
              The article is a faulty and strongly biased opinion.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Though the rest of the op-ed goes way too far in the other direction, this part was thought provoking:
                This is too!!!

Unfortunately, it’s a hell of a lot more difficult to embarrass a libtard. They don't have sense of intellectual integrity to lose. In fact they gain legitimacy by spouting nonsense unopposed, as if their hypocritical bigotry and projection were just another example of intelligent discourse.

By contrast, the libs do find being triggered embarrassing. Their movement is based on the glorification of liberalism, of intellectual supremacy and rationality, of superiority of libism, and scenes of libs looking anything but superior undermines their claims.
                Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Why should I be trying to embarrass them? That's a stupid approach. I think they should be ignored because they get their jollies by being noticed. Being ignored is the antithesis of being intimidating. They have a burning need to be noticed, to feel relevant.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    He was speaking for a team of researchers. Did you even bother reading the article, or were you too busy wiping the drool from your chin?

And yet a team of researchers from Harvard and MIT, hardly bastions of conservative thought, found that Breitbart is considerably less incendiary than its reputation would suggest. Here's what the New York Times had to say:

Source: New York Times

If you visited Breitbart ... [o]n any given afternoon, you were still likely to encounter headlines about ‘‘illegal aliens’’ invading the country, but if you clicked on the link, you landed on an article that was extraordinarily dry — usually just a rundown of some politician’s speech, or a dry recitation of governmental statistics. Not to say the site was no longer right wing — the act of choosing what to cover and how to position it with a headline is a powerful bias unto itself — but weeks could pass in which few of the articles on Breitbart had anything like the attitude and opinion baked into dozens of mainstream sites.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/08/1...not-alt-right/

© Copyright Original Source

Look, man, when even the New York Times is coming to Breitbart's defense, you know it's time to give up on your false liberal narrative.
                    I did read the article, and the idea that one man's interpretation of a language study is definitive is ridiculous. Also, that quote you pulled is out of context. The writer is talking about current articles. Meanwhile, nothing you said has anything to do with my evidence. Stop grasping straws and either engage or concede.

Comment

Originally posted by Idiotic Missile View Post
                      Stop grasping straws and either engage or concede.
                      You remind me of the kid who after getting his face pounded into the dirt, staggers to his feet, shakes his fist, and says, "Let that be lesson to ya!"

Comment

You remind me of the kid who after getting his face pounded into the dirt, staggers to his feet, shakes his fist, and says, "Let that be lesson to ya!"

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          Why should I be trying to embarrass them? That's a stupid approach.
                          Libs's main attack is shaming, 'racist!!!' 'bigot!!!!' 'sexist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' etc etc. Used to work pretty well, with 'Nazi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' being worst insult.

But against people who proudly call selves Nazis, all this doesn't work!! So they now considering shaming through punching as new tactic!

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                            So they now considering shaming through punching as new tactic!
                            30 seconds later after saying punching Nazis is okay,

Libs: 'How can you say alt-Left is violent party too?????'

Comment

I hear you loud and clear. You got nothin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Idiotiic Missile View Post
                                I hear you loud and clear. You got nothin'.
                                No, I get it, you reject any facts that conflict with your preconceptions, even when they come from a source you would ordinarily trust. The ease with which liberals operate under the constant pressure of the cognitive dissonance that is inherent to their ideology would make for a fascinating psychological study.

Comment