Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Poll on Charlottesville march and support for views

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    agree. I believe that taking down confederate statues and symbols is wrong, but I also think fighting and violence over them is equally wrong. Peaceful protests, or contacting your local government or congressman about it (either way, for or against) is the correct way to handle it.
    This happened as a result of the fact that the protesters were white nationalist, white supremacists, neo-nazi, racist hate groups whose main purpose it was to incite tensions, not to protest the removal of statues. You can argue as to whether or not it was wise to counter protest, but for Trump to equate the counter protesters with the hate groups was, and i'll put this in Trumps own words, sad! Perhaps Trump is trying to do his father Fred Trump, a KKK supporter himself, proud.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      This happened as a result of the fact that the protesters were white nationalist, white supremacists, neo-nazi, racist hate groups whose main purpose it was to incite tensions, not to protest the removal of statues. You can argue as to whether or not it was wise to counter protest, but for Trump to equate the counter protesters with the hate groups was, and i'll put this in Trumps own words, sad! Perhaps Trump is trying to do his father Fred Trump, a KKK supporter himself, proud.
      Nonsense Jim, you had Antifa, Black Lives, Black Nationalists (black, green + red flags), Communists, New Black Panthers, etc... on the other side. They too are hate groups, and came ready to fight.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive...goes-crazy.php

And yes there were people there to protest the removal of the statue - along with the racists.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I think this meme sums up my opinions perfectly:

Patriot.jpg
        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

I didn't see anyone demanding Trump denounce the Antifa and BLM when they went around destroying property and beating people and killing cops. Not even you.

The Left just wants to continue to paint conservatives as racists while pretending the left are peaceful people who just want to get along and hug trees.

Comment

Do these antifas look like they were in Charlottesville for a peaceful purpose?

unite_the_right_rally_9_gi.jpg

antifa_charlottesville_3_gi.jpg

antifa-anti-fascist-left-radical-violent-left-anti-trump-maga-charlottesville-670x388.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23704[/ATTACH]
              and Planned Parenthood, and PETA

Comment

I didn't see anyone demanding Trump denounce the Antifa and BLM when they went around destroying property and beating people and killing cops. Not even you.

The Left just wants to continue to paint conservatives as racists while pretending the left are peaceful people who just want to get along and hug trees.
                So you defend the racists rather than those who stand against them. Understood.

Comment

So you defend the racists rather than those who stand against them. Understood.
                  Typical liberal twisting of what I said. I condemned BOTH sides, Jimmy. They all came spoiling for a fight. The racists with their helmets and clubs and the antifa and BLM with their helmets and clubs. You don't bring weapons when you are going to a peaceful protest. Both sides came armed and ready to fight. and they fought.

but you know what? I do defend even the racists right to protest and make their views known as long as they do it peacefully. That is what the first amendment is about. Even hateful racists have the right to voice their opinions. Just like the hateful left has the right to voice theirs, as long as they do it peacefully.

Comment

Typical liberal twisting of what I said. I condemned BOTH sides, Jimmy. They all came spoiling for a fight. The racists with their helmets and clubs and the antifa and BLM with their helmets and clubs. You don't bring weapons when you are going to a peaceful protest. Both sides came armed and ready to fight. and they fought.

but you know what? I do defend even the racists right to protest and make their views known as long as they do it peacefully. That is what the first amendment is about. Even hateful racists have the right to voice their opinions. Just like the hateful left has the right to voice theirs, as long as they do it peacefully.
                    Translation: I am a white supremacist. I condemn the peaceful groups Antifa and BLM. Heil Trump!
                    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Do these antifas look like they were in Charlottesville for a peaceful purpose?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23705[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23706[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23707[/ATTACH]
                      Is there video of those protesting the statue's removal before all this trouble happened?

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                        Is there video of those protesting the statue's removal before all this trouble happened?
                        I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23704[/ATTACH]
                          Hmm. I'm more conservatarian than conservative, and as a Xian, I have qualms about espousing "patriotism" above loyalty to the Kingdom.
                          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                            Hmm. I'm more conservatarian than conservative, and as a Xian, I have qualms about espousing "patriotism" above loyalty to the Kingdom.
                            that image doesn't even mention the Kingdom, nor do I see why it would or shoud.
                            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                              that image doesn't even mention the Kingdom, nor do I see why it would or shoud.
                              It was just a personal observation. I guess I commented because I momentarily considered sharing the meme on Facebook, but quickly realized it doesn't "fit" me.

As a bit of a side-note, I am increasingly troubled by the "Christians" who so readily agree with sentiments like "We shouldn't be about race or color or creed! We should be Americans first!" No, Xians should always at least *aspire* to be "Kingdomians" first.
                              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                                It was just a personal observation. I guess I commented because I momentarily considered sharing the meme on Facebook, but quickly realized it doesn't "fit" me.

As a bit of a side-note, I am increasingly troubled by the "Christians" who so readily agree with sentiments like "We shouldn't be about race or color or creed! We should be Americans first!" No, Xians should always at least *aspire* to be "Kingdomians" first.
                                I would consider them to be nominal Christians if they put country ahead of God.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment