Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Escatological derail from North Korea thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darfius View Post
    So what is required of you to "accept" this offer as opposed to someone who doesn't "accept" it?
    Are you asking what "work" is required?
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
      John 6:29
      Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        You gotta give Satan credit. Of all the ways he could stir up trouble in the world, with all the moral decay, greed, and war going on... he chose to strike at the root of the problem. The titles of innocuous children's books.
        Screwtape had a conniption fit when his letters got published.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
          There's no need to rephrase what I asked, as I asked it in plain English.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            John 6:29
            Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”
            Scripture Verse: John 14:

15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Originally posted by Darfius View Post
              Scripture Verse: John 14:

15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”

© Copyright Original Source

Where did I or anyone else say we shouldn't keep Jesus' commands?

Comment

Darfius is doing little more than looking for a fight here, AFAICT. We're all moral reprobates incapable of correctly reading scripture in his eyes.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

You show that you don't keep them by not recognizing truth when you see it.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    Darfius is doing little more than looking for a fight here, AFAICT. We're all moral reprobates incapable of correctly reading scripture in his eyes.
                    I'm looking for truth seekers, which often leads to fights. Men prefer darkness because their deeds are evil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darfius View Post
                      I'm looking for truth seekers, which often leads to fights. Men prefer darkness because their deeds are evil.
                      No, you're not. If you were, you'd be using more persuasion and less condemnation.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        No, you're not. If you were, you'd be using more persuasion and less condemnation.
                        If you don't find truth persuasive, you deserve to be condemned. Early Christians [and modern Eastern Christians] were [are] willing to suffer horrible deaths for Christ and you're not willing to have your feewings hurt.

Comment

If you don't find truth persuasive, you deserve to be condemned. Early Christians [and modern Eastern Christians] were [are] willing to suffer horrible deaths for Christ and you're not willing to have your feewings hurt.
                          Lol. You don't hurt my feelings, much as you're giving that a go. Have you considered attempting a more productive approach?

sigpic

Comment

You show that you don't keep them by not recognizing truth when you see it.
                            uh what? we are not keeping Jesus' commands because we don't believe YOU? Quite a high opinion of yourself, eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              Lol. You don't hurt my feelings, much as you're giving that a go. Have you considered attempting a more productive approach?
                              I've been mocked and belittled here to no end. Not saying I bear a grudge, but I need to make it clear that I'm no one to disrespect. Not because I'm more important, but because I love the truth and should be shown the respect that deserves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                uh what? we are not keeping Jesus' commands because we don't believe YOU? Quite a high opinion of yourself, eh?
                                No, because you don't believe the truth. The Mandela effect and the fact that we are in the last days is the truth.

Comment