Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Escatological derail from North Korea thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darfius View Post
    And what you "figure" matters why? What matters is what the Bible says will happen. "Tribulation" means test and the test isn't for the ungodly. Pre-trib rapture is a false doctrine created to weaken the resolve of the church.
    Even if there is no pre-trib rapture, if I die in the tribulation I still go and meet Jesus and come back down with him. I can't lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Even if there is no pre-trib rapture, if I die in the tribulation I still go and meet Jesus and come back down with him. I can't lose.
      Scripture Verse: 1 Corinthians 9:

24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26 Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. 27 No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

© Copyright Original Source

Does this passage make any sense to you or to the other run-their-mouthers here? What does Paul mean by disqualified? Hadn't he already done the hard part by running his mouth about how much he loved Jesus?

Comment

Belief involves more than certain words coming out of your mouth. Or were you unaware that faith without deeds is dead?
        It is surely true that faith without works is dead, but signing on to a specific view of our Lord's return is not one of those works. If you want to know what we are to do read my sig.
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Scripture Verse: 1 Corinthians 9:

24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26 Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. 27 No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

Does this passage make any sense to you or to the other run-their-mouthers here? What does Paul mean by disqualified? Hadn't he already done the hard part by running his mouth about how much he loved Jesus?
          He is talking about people like you who run their mouths aimlessly and fight against imaginary enemies.

I bet it will be really lonely in heaven all by yourself, Darfy.

Comment

Wouldn't persecuting Christians be as dangerous as messing with a baby animal when it's parent catches you? In the long run, that is. Because God is much more patient than a mother bear/papa wolf/human parent. So, He'll give the persecutors chances to stop messing with His "children". Darfius seems to be claiming that "baby bear cubs" should be able to defend themselves against predators/stupid hikers and that "mama bear" will disown them if they don't spot a predator before it shows up. How silly can you get! And Jesus said He wished He could gather Jerusalem as a mother hen gathers her chicks, so it's fine to have the mother bear comparison, right?
            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
              Wouldn't persecuting Christians be as dangerous as messing with a baby animal when it's parent catches you? In the long run, that is. Because God is much more patient than a mother bear/papa wolf/human parent. So, He'll give the persecutors chances to stop messing with His "children". Darfius seems to be claiming that "baby bear cubs" should be able to defend themselves against predators/stupid hikers and that "mama bear" will disown them if they don't spot a predator before it shows up. How silly can you get! And Jesus said He wished He could gather Jerusalem as a mother hen gathers her chicks, so it's fine to have the mother bear comparison, right?
              Scripture Verse: Matthew 10:

16 “I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. 17 Be on your guard; you will be handed over to the local councils and be flogged in the synagogues. 18 On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. 19 But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, 20 for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

Scripture Verse: 1 Corinthians 13

11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

Comment

He is talking about people like you who run their mouths aimlessly and fight against imaginary enemies.

I bet it will be really lonely in heaven all by yourself, Darfy.
                Just because this is a joke of a Christian site doesn't mean I'll be alone, Sparkplug.

Comment

Scripture Verse: Matthew 10:

16 “I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. 17 Be on your guard; you will be handed over to the local councils and be flogged in the synagogues. 18 On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. 19 But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, 20 for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

Scripture Verse: 1 Corinthians 13

11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

Too bad my skills are closer to Jimmy Olsen than Bruce Wayne. Being clever won't help you in a persecution scenario. And I doubt that US citizens would allow the USA to become like North Korea or 1984.

Comment

Just because this is a joke of a Christian site doesn't mean I'll be alone, Sparkplug.
                    You seem to think only you have the "right" way and anyone who disagrees even slightly with your ideas about how everything will happen will end up in hell.

Do you really think it matters if someone believes in a pre-trib or post-trib rapture? Do you really think it matters if someone is an orthodox preterist or a futurist?

Of course you do. Because you are a pharisee.

Comment

You seem to think only you have the "right" way and anyone who disagrees even slightly with your ideas about how everything will happen will end up in hell.

Do you really think it matters if someone believes in a pre-trib or post-trib rapture? Do you really think it matters if someone is an orthodox preterist or a futurist?

Does he think that being an action hero is a requirement for salvation?

Comment

Truth matters. The Pharisees didn't care about the truth. Neither do you. You have your little club here which is a microcosm of the fat, American (Laodicean) church and you're content. God would rather you be hot or cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                          Does he think that being an action hero is a requirement for salvation?
                          There's a lot of middleground between just running your mouth and being an action hero, dear. Come on in, the living water's fine. ;)

Comment

There's a lot of middleground between just running your mouth and being an action hero, dear. Come on in, the living water's fine. ;)
                            Why do you think I live in the United States? And it's a really big country. Each state is practically its own mini nation. So, you can't paint everyone in said country with the same brush. I'm not telling you which country I presently live in.

Comment

Truth matters. The Pharisees didn't care about the truth. Neither do you. You have your little club here which is a microcosm of the fat, American (Laodicean) church and you're content. God would rather you be hot or cold.
                              He would rather you obey him and love your neighbor as yourself. But that ain't gonna happen.

Comment

He would rather you obey him and love your neighbor as yourself. But that ain't gonna happen.
                                I do love you, Sparkplug, which is why I'm telling you the truth. The sappy stuff comes later, when you love the truth and we can actually be friends.

Comment