Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Escatological derail from North Korea thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darfius View Post
    Those wouldn't be secrets then. And what is meant by her "teaching?" Jezebel meant "priestess of Baal." Remember Baal? The god who demanded child sacrifice? The Canaanites are recorded in the Bible as having "passed their children through the fire." The descendants of the Canaanites run the world today. And they still like to kill kids. #Pizzagate
    Lebanon is not a world power. And Moloch was the most known for child sacrifice. And there are Christians in Lebanon! Meaning that some of those Canaanite descendants are children of God.

On another note, do you believe that Christians can and do die for their faith? Or do you think they lose their salvation if they don't manage to live to a ripe old age?
    Last edited by Christianbookworm; 08-24-2017, 10:50 AM.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      He is referring back to Jezebel who claimed to be a prophetess. "Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophet. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols."
      Actually, he's fairly obviously calling a woman out as a Jezebel; Thyatira is nowhere near Canaan, and this was nearly a millennium after the Canaanite Jezebel. It's very unlikely that that was her name, but the description provided would have been more than sufficient for the locals of Thyatira to know exactly whom he was referring to. I highly doubt this woman had anything to do with child sacrifice, or was a Canaanite, or had anything whatsoever to do with Lebanon.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I believe it to be true because that is what the evidence indicates. Please don't speak in the language of relativism, which is the language of the enemy. The emerging New World Order is the reversal of what God did at the Tower of Babel. A reversal in planning since shortly after those events by the so-called "mystery" religions/secret societies referred to by our Lord in Revelation (Satan's so-called deep secrets). First by infiltrating the Jews (the Edomites, of which Judas was one) and then the Christians (Catholicism), they've disarmed the church of knowledge of their workings except for those who love the truth too much to be blinded, but it is long past time for the church as a whole to rouse itself from its slumber, lest God come and strike the entire earth with a curse.
        That's an impressive amount of woo packed into one short paragraph. I don't remember the Jews being infiltrated by Edomites. Must be the Mandela effect.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          That's an impressive amount of woo packed into one short paragraph. I don't remember the Jews being infiltrated by Edomites. Must be the Mandela effect.
          What you remember is clearly of no concern to anyone, as you've shown yourself to be woefully ignorant of even the most basic historical facts. From the linked article: "Herod's father was by descent an Edomite whose ancestors had converted to Judaism. Herod was raised as a Jew."

Comment

A lot of this is lost to history, but many of these pagan cults would teach gnostic secrets that only the chosen would be let in on. A lot of pagans and cults do the same thing today, promising the secret to life and happiness, secrets to the universe. But they are all lies. That is why he says "so-called" secrets. They are just lies to suck people in.
            It isn't lost to history. Freemasons are the modern heirs to the secret societies of the past and their rituals and oaths have been made matters of public record by some of their more conscience stricken members. The formation of America's first third party--the Anti-Masonic party--came about after the murder of Captain William Morgan, a member of the Masons, published a book declaring their rituals and intentions, which he viewed as decidedly anti-Christian in nature.

Comment

It isn't lost to history. Freemasons are the modern heirs to the secret societies of the past and their rituals and oaths have been made matters of public record by some of their more conscience stricken members. The formation of America's first third party--the Anti-Masonic party--came about after the murder of Captain William Morgan, a member of the Masons, published a book declaring their rituals and intentions, which he viewed as decidedly anti-Christian in nature.
              I meant the specific reference Jesus was making was lost to history. Whoever this woman was.

Yes, the masons are a similar secret society that promise gnosis, secret knowledge.

Comment

I meant the specific reference Jesus was making was lost to history. Whoever this woman was.

Yes, the masons are a similar secret society that promise gnosis, secret knowledge.
                There is good evidence that the "Jezebel" the Lord was referencing was a woman named Helen who was the consort to the Simon Magus mentioned in the book of Acts. This "Simon" was a Gnostic, magician and the real founder of the Catholic church (as opposed to Simon Peter). The mystery religions were variations of the worship of Nimrod and his female consort Semiramis (Osiris/Isis, Baal/Asherah, etc.) and their heavenly patron the sun/serpent/the devil.

Comment

There is good evidence that the "Jezebel" the Lord was referencing was a woman named Helen who was the consort to the Simon Magus mentioned in the book of Acts. This "Simon" was a Gnostic, magician and the real founder of the Catholic church (as opposed to Simon Peter). The mystery religions were variations of the worship of Nimrod and his female consort Semiramis (Osiris/Isis, Baal/Asherah, etc.) and their heavenly patron the sun/serpent/the devil.
                  Can you point me to some evidence of these two claims?
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                    Can you point me to some evidence of these two claims?
                    Evidence for the first claim is linked in the post. The second claim is so well known to Biblical scholars and studious Christians (and obviously members of the mystery schools) that I'm surprised you need evidence, but here you are.

Comment

Evidence for the first claim is linked in the post. The second claim is so well known to Biblical scholars and studious Christians (and obviously members of the mystery schools) that I'm surprised you need evidence, but here you are.
                      I asked for evidence not opinions.
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                        I asked for evidence not opinions.
                        I didn't offer opinions.

Comment

I didn't offer opinions.
                          A belief is an opinion. For example in a nursing note sheet.

Patient exhibits signs and symptoms of breathing distress as evidenced by O2 saturation readings at 89 percent reading every 15 minutes.
                          Patient skin appearance is blue and mottled.
                          Patient complains of chest pain with attempts to take deep breaths
                          Patients lung sounds in upper chest exhibit stridor and in lower left quadrant exhibit crackling.
                          I think this patient has all characteristics of COPD and lung cancer and requires advanced treatment by another physician. Patient was driving me insane with demands.

Now please tell me what the opinion was and what the evidence was of breathing and lung distress. Which would be appropriate to document.
                          A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                            A belief is an opinion. For example in a nursing note sheet.

Patient exhibits signs and symptoms of breathing distress as evidenced by O2 saturation readings at 89 percent reading every 15 minutes.
                            Patient skin appearance is blue and mottled.
                            Patient complains of chest pain with attempts to take deep breaths
                            Patients lung sounds in upper chest exhibit stridor and in lower left quadrant exhibit crackling.
                            I think this patient has all characteristics of COPD and lung cancer and requires advanced treatment by another physician. Patient was driving me insane with demands.

Now please tell me what the opinion was and what the evidence was of breathing and lung distress. Which would be appropriate to document.
                            I think this patient(not the one on your nurse note, the OTHER one) is exhibiting paranoia symptoms. I lack enough data to make a formal psychological diagnosis. And a B.S. in Pshychology does not make me qualified to make professional diagnoses. Only the armchair kind.
                            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

What you remember is clearly of no concern to anyone, as you've shown yourself to be woefully ignorant of even the most basic historical facts. From the linked article: "Herod's father was by descent an Edomite whose ancestors had converted to Judaism. Herod was raised as a Jew."
                              I didn't need Wiki to know that Herod was an Edomite. Herod was a Roman client-king, not an "infiltrator." Or perhaps you can point to evidence which shows that Herod was welcomed by the Jews as a Jew with open arms.

sigpic

Comment

Hislop? Not that the "evidence" for the first claim is any more believable - there is some embarrassingly bad argumentation in there.

sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X