Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Escatological derail from North Korea thread

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doofus View Post
    Because given the previous two world wars and the fact that the third is imminent, the idea that a local Roman occupation of Jerusalem in the 1st century fulfilled many Bible passages referring to the "day of the Lord" as a "time of trouble worse than any since the beginning of the world and not to be seen again" is patently idiotic. I imagine it feels uncomfortable to be an idiot, but maybe not if you're used to it? What do you think?
    I think you're a bigot who doesn't understand the significance of the destruction of the Jerusalem temple in 70AD. Culturally and religiously speaking, it's hard to think of anything more apocalyptic in the eyes of a first century Jew. A world war is peanuts in comparison.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I think you're a bigot who doesn't understand the significance of the destruction of the Jerusalem temple in 70AD. Culturally and religiously speaking, it's hard to think of anything more apocalyptic in the eyes of a first century Jew. A world war is peanuts in comparison.
    Quote the verse in the Bible that says, "interpret everything in the Bible as a 1st century Jew would." After you don't, change my name back to Darfius and put some respect on it.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And how are we any more special than they were? What would even be the point of a message that wouldn't be fulfilled for millennia?
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    And how are we any more special than they were? What would even be the point of a message that wouldn't be fulfilled for millennia?
    Oh, honey child, a thousand years is as a day to the Lord.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doofus View Post
    Quote the verse in the Bible that says, "interpret everything in the Bible as a 1st century Jew would." After you don't, change my name back to Darfius and put some respect on it.
    Quote the verse in the Bible that says, "Interpret everything in the Bible other than how a 1st century Jew would." After you don't, go stick your head in a bucket of water and wash the drool off your chin.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote the verse in the Bible that says, "Interpret everything in the Bible other than how a 1st century Jew would." After you don't, go stick your head in a bucket of water and wash the drool off your chin.

Scripture Verse: Daniel 12

He replied, “Go your way, Daniel, because the words are rolled up and sealed until the time of the end. 10 Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand.

11 “From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days. 12 Blessed is the one who waits for and reaches the end of the 1,335 days.

13 “As for you, go your way till the end. You will rest, and then at the end of the days you will rise to receive your allotted inheritance.”

© Copyright Original Source

Gabriel clearly says the book of Daniel at least would be "sealed" until the end days, which he equated to the physical resurrection. Has the physical resurrection happened yet? Now, the manner in which you can display your respect to my name is to add "Mr." before it. Proceed.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Daniel was sealed because the time was not near. Revelation was not sealed because the time was near. Anyways, I hold to the position that it will all pan out in the end, so why be dogmatic? I don't like people being dogmatic about secondary doctrines(if eschatological views even reach that level, more like a tertiary doctrine). Especially when it leads to consipracy theory style thinking that we are in the end times now. People have been claiming that for longer than I've been alive. What about the guy that claimed the rapture would occur in 1998? Little boy has cried wolf so many times, that I'd rather trust the Head Shepherd to handle any predator issues Himself.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

8. Amen RumTumTugger, TheWall amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    Daniel was sealed because the time was not near. Revelation was not sealed because the time was near. Anyways, I hold to the position that it will all pan out in the end, so why be dogmatic? I don't like people being dogmatic about secondary doctrines(if eschatological views even reach that level, more like a tertiary doctrine). Especially when it leads to consipracy theory style thinking that we are in the end times now. People have been claiming that for longer than I've been alive. What about the guy that claimed the rapture would occur in 1998? Little boy has cried wolf so many times, that I'd rather trust the Head Shepherd to handle any predator issues Himself.
    Blah blah blah, you didn't address the fact that Gabriel equated the end days with the physical resurrection, which hasn't happened yet. Preterism = dead in the water. Now, to address your trite, holier-than-thou nonsense about ignorance being righteous, the Lord Himself told us to "watch" and "be ready" so that "the day doesn't come upon us as a thief." Elsewhere, God says that His people perish for lack of knowledge. When you end up facedown in a FEMA camp, it will likely be too late to cry out to God for deliverance, and the fault will be yours. Those of us who are delivered will have our own obedience as well as God's faithfulness to thank. Our loved ones who are likewise delivered due in part to our diligence will also, I imagine, be grateful. The loved ones of those who are not diligent who also end up in a FEMA camp or taking the mark or succumbing to any number of avoidable dooms will be feeling all sorts of emotions, but gratitude won't be one of them.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Doofus View Post
    Scripture Verse: Daniel 12

He replied, “Go your way, Daniel, because the words are rolled up and sealed until the time of the end. 10 Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand.

11 “From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days. 12 Blessed is the one who waits for and reaches the end of the 1,335 days.

13 “As for you, go your way till the end. You will rest, and then at the end of the days you will rise to receive your allotted inheritance.”

© Copyright Original Source

Gabriel clearly says the book of Daniel at least would be "sealed" until the end days, which he equated to the physical resurrection. Has the physical resurrection happened yet? Now, the manner in which you can display your respect to my name is to add "Mr." before it. Proceed.
    And how does that support your fast and loose interpretation of scripture that throws out the cultural, historical, sociological, and literary context at time of their writing?

Better get a few buckets ready... I think you're going to need them.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And how does that support your fast and loose interpretation of scripture that throws out the cultural, historical, sociological, and literary context at time of their writing?

Better get a few buckets ready... I think you're going to need them.
    Be specific about what I "threw out" or save the rhetorical tricks for those you're not duty bound to address as Mr.