Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Escatological derail from North Korea thread

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darfius View Post
    Because given the previous two world wars and the fact that the third is imminent, the idea that a local Roman occupation of Jerusalem in the 1st century fulfilled many Bible passages referring to the "day of the Lord" as a "time of trouble worse than any since the beginning of the world and not to be seen again" is patently idiotic. I imagine it feels uncomfortable to be an idiot, but maybe not if you're used to it? What do you think?
    I think that many people throughout Christian history have been unshakably convinced that they were living in the last times. You appear to be the latest. Congratulations, bruh.

Meanwhile, I'm doing my best to live each day as if it's my last, no matter what goes on around me. If it's the end of the world, GREAT. I'll be in heaven sooner.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

2. Amen Christianbookworm, RumTumTugger, Sparko amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    I think that many people throughout Christian history have been unshakably convinced that they were living in the last times. You appear to be the latest. Congratulations, bruh.

Meanwhile, I'm doing my best to live each day as if it's my last, no matter what goes on around me. If it's the end of the world, GREAT. I'll be in heaven sooner.
    God help any loved ones you have relying on your discernment and faithfulness to protect them. Perhaps your sob of "at least we're going to heaven sooner" as they die of starvation in a FEMA camp after suffering unspeakable horrors will be of some comfort to them.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Sorry, bro, you are just sounding like a conspiracy theorist nut.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    Oh. You're one of those who care about how things "sound", rather than how things are. Lawd help her!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doofus View Post
    Be specific about what I "threw out" or save the rhetorical tricks for those you're not duty bound to address as Mr.
    'Quote the verse in the Bible that says, "interpret everything in the Bible as a 1st century Jew would."'

What did you mean by that, Mr. Doofus? Weren't you implying that we shouldn't interpret scripture as a 1st century Jew would?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    'Quote the verse in the Bible that says, "interpret everything in the Bible as a 1st century Jew would."'

What did you mean by that, Mr. Doofus? Weren't you implying that we shouldn't interpret scripture as a 1st century Jew would?
    I meant we shouldn't only consider how a 1st century Jew would interpret the text, as it was written by a being who transcends time and space for all of mankind.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doofus View Post
    I meant we shouldn't only consider how a 1st century Jew would interpret the text, as it was written by a being who transcends time and space for all of mankind.
    That's some mighty fine goalpost moving, Mr. Doofus.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    Well, Darfius did claim that people misremembering the Berenstain Bears as the Berenstein Bears was the work of Satan.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Drowning is clearly not worse than witnessing catastrophic events on earth alongside disease, plagues, famine, cruelty, demonic entities causing men's hearts to fail them from fear, etc.
    Sounds like a good popcorn flick to me. I'd pick it over drowning any day.

Jesus referred to the flood as literal.
    Jesus referred to the flood.

After the fall, Adam and Eve basically got told to eat their vegetables.
    After the fall all of humanity became mortal. Without it nothing written in revelation would be able to harm us. So no, not even close.

Those were some pretty impressive dodges and rationalizations though.
    "Should you help the wicked and love those who hate the Lord? Because of this, the wrath of the Lord is on you." ~ 2 Chronicles 19:2

"The righteous will be glad when they are avenged, when they dip their feet in the blood of the wicked." ~ Psalm 58:10

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    God help any loved ones you have relying on your discernment and faithfulness to protect them. Perhaps your sob of "at least we're going to heaven sooner" as they die of starvation in a FEMA camp after suffering unspeakable horrors will be of some comfort to them.
    You seem to be laboring under the assumption that people can be protected from the end of the world. FEMA has more ammo than you.

And it's only a momentary affliction, anyway. The martyrs suffered such (with the joy of Christ suffusing them), and are now robed in white. Should I deny my loved ones that chance? Jesus can offer far more comfort than I, and His lasts for eternity.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

12. Amen Christianbookworm amen'd this post.