Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Escatological derail from North Korea thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
    Well, Darfius did claim that people misremembering the Berenstain Bears as the Berenstein Bears was the work of Satan.
    You gotta give Satan credit. Of all the ways he could stir up trouble in the world, with all the moral decay, greed, and war going on... he chose to strike at the root of the problem. The titles of innocuous children's books.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      You seem to be laboring under the assumption that people can be protected from the end of the world. FEMA has more ammo than you.

And it's only a momentary affliction, anyway. The martyrs suffered such (with the joy of Christ suffusing them), and are now robed in white. Should I deny my loved ones that chance? Jesus can offer far more comfort than I, and His lasts for eternity.
      Scripture Verse: Revelation 12: 6

The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.

© Copyright Original Source

Turns out people can be protected from the end of the world. See what happens when you actually read the Bible? You learn stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Darfius View Post

The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.

Turns out people can be protected from the end of the world. See what happens when you actually read the Bible? You learn stuff.
        Yeah, I'm not God.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
          Well, Darfius did claim that people misremembering the Berenstain Bears as the Berenstein Bears was the work of Satan.
          Oh! In which case he actually IS a conspiracy theorist nut! In which case, I shall entrust myself to God and not worry about the future!

Though the fig tree does not bud
          and there are no grapes on the vines,
          though the olive crop fails
          and the fields produce no food,
          though there are no sheep in the pen
          and no cattle in the stalls,
          yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
          I will be joyful in God my Savior.

The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
          he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
          he enables me to tread on the heights. Habakkuk 3:17-19
          Last edited by Christianbookworm; 08-15-2017, 07:53 PM.
          If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            Yeah, I'm not God.
            Scripture Verse: Revelation 18:

*Then I heard another voice from heaven say:
            “‘Come out of her, my people,’
            ****so that you will not share in her sins,
            ****so that you will not receive any of her plagues;
            5*
            for her sins are piled up to heaven,
            ****and God has remembered her crimes.

Granted, but because you don't give two figs what God's word says, you have no idea that America is part of Babylon the Great and won't know enough to provide your loved ones with God's chosen means of protecting His people during this time. And your claim that you'll "only get to heaven sooner" is questionable since you don't give two figs what God's word says. Seems like you come near to Him with your lips, but you don't "search the Scriptures", meaning your heart is far from Him.

Comment

5*

Granted, but because you don't give two figs what God's word says, you have no idea that America is part of Babylon the Great and won't know enough to provide your loved ones with God's chosen means of protecting His people during this time. And your claim that you'll "only get to heaven sooner" is questionable since you don't give two figs what God's word says. Seems like you come near to Him with your lips, but you don't "search the Scriptures", meaning your heart is far from Him.
              Prove it. John only knew of ancient Rome. He had no knowledge of country in a different time and place. He couldn't have known about a continent on the other side of the Atlantic. God didn't inspire him to write, "a powerful nation far across the greater sea beyond this sea will arise many generations from now. They will fall and become a part of Babylon."

Oh, and my salvation is based on what Jesus, the incarnate Word of God, accomplished on the cross and that He rose again. Not on my agreeing with your interpretation of the scriptures.
              Last edited by Christianbookworm; 08-15-2017, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                Prove it. John only knew of ancient Rome. He had no knowledge of country in a different time and place. He couldn't have known about a continent on the other side of the Atlantic. God didn't inspire him to write, "a powerful nation far across the greater sea beyond this sea will arise many generations from now. They will fall and become a part of Babylon."

Oh, and my salvation is based on what Jesus, the incarnate Word of God, accomplished on the cross and that He rose again. Not on my agreeing with your interpretation of the scriptures.
                So now the men who wrote the Bible could only write what they knew about personally? Wow. Directly contradicts:

Scripture Verse: 1 Peter 1:

20*Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation of things. 21*For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

Do you think the Holy Spirit knew about America?

Scripture Verse: Philippians 2:

12*Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, 13*for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.

Why would we be told to "work out our salvation" if we were saved merely by something Jesus already did? Heck, why would we need to do anything other than speak certain words with our lips while we sinned all manner of sins? Nonsensical and unscriptural.

Comment

So now the men who wrote the Bible could only write what they knew about personally? Wow. Directly contradicts:

Scripture Verse: 1 Peter 1:

20*Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation of things. 21*For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

Do you think the Holy Spirit knew about America?

Scripture Verse: Philippians 2:

12*Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, 13*for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.

Why would we be told to "work out our salvation" if we were saved merely by something Jesus already did? Heck, why would we need to do anything other than speak certain words with our lips while we sinned all manner of sins? Nonsensical and unscriptural.
                  Of course God knows about America. I don't see any reason for some random country to be mentioned in prophecy. Not when said country wouldn't exist for centuries after Revelation was written. What about the British Empire? Wouldn't it be more prudent to mention the Holocaust (and other genocides )if you want to predict horrible stuff happening in the distant future? What if the stuff is meant to happen in 2876 AD and has nothing to do with us? How could we know that? And it's highly offensive to claim a Christian is not saved. Works determine what level of rewards you get in Heaven. And a Christian who is saved won't go and deliberately sin all they want. IA Christian sinning is impulsive and not completely intentional. I doubt a Christian would sin if they had thought though there action before they did it.

Comment

5*

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

We know that only those who understand scripture according to your interpretation will be saved. When the translators did Acts 16 they left out part of the verse. Verse 31 And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, provided you have the correct interpretation of the scripture.

Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

5*

Your premise assumes your conclusion and is therefore invalid. That I interpret scripture differently does not mean that I don't give two figs what it says.

I appreciate that, in descending to personal attacks, you implicitly recognize that your position is otherwise indefensible.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

When God decides to send Jesus back, ain't nothing you can do about it. It will happen when God decides. We are just to pray for it.

Revelation 22:20 He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.”

Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

21 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God’s people. Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                          For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

We know that only those who understand scripture according to your interpretation will be saved. When the translators did Acts 16 they left out part of the verse. Verse 31 And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, provided you have the correct interpretation of the scripture.

Belief involves more than certain words coming out of your mouth. Or were you unaware that faith without deeds is dead?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            When God decides to send Jesus back, ain't nothing you can do about it. It will happen when God decides. We are just to pray for it.

Revelation 22:20 He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.”

Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

21 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God’s people. Amen.
                            Actually, there are several things we can "do about it" when the tribulation begins, including fleeing Babylon, seeking shelter with the two witnesses and helping to rebuild the temple. You'd know this if you cracked the Bible open.

Comment

Actually, there are several things we can "do about it" when the tribulation begins, including fleeing Babylon, seeking shelter with the two witnesses and helping to rebuild the temple. You'd know this if you cracked the Bible open.
                              I don't know about you, but I figure I am going to be up in the air meeting Jesus when it all happens. Either because of the rapture, or because I have previously died and went to heaven and will come down with Jesus when he comes back.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                I don't know about you, but I figure I am going to be up in the air meeting Jesus when it all happens. Either because of the rapture, or because I have previously died and went to heaven and will come down with Jesus when he comes back.
                                And what you "figure" matters why? What matters is what the Bible says will happen. "Tribulation" means test and the test isn't for the ungodly. Pre-trib rapture is a false doctrine created to weaken the resolve of the church.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X