Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump steamrolls Fake News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump steamrolls Fake News

Right after staring down Crazy Kim, Trump wipes floor with libtards:

REPORTER: George Washington and Robert E. Lee are not the same.

TRUMP: Oh no, George Washington was a slave owner. Was George Washington a slave owner? So will George Washington now lose his status? Are we going to take down – excuse me. Are we going to take down, are we going to take down statues to George Washington? How about Thomas Jefferson? What do you think of Thomas Jefferson? You like him? Okay, good. Are we going to take down his statue? He was a major slave owner. Are we going to take down his statue? You know what? It’s fine, you’re changing history, you’re changing culture, and you had people – and I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally – but you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists, okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly. Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people, but you also had troublemakers and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets and with the baseball bats – you had a lot of bad people in the other group too.
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...nscript-241662
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

CNN is showing breaking news: "In off-the-rails news conference Trump defends racist protesters, blames violence on 'both sides'."

Is this an accurate headline or does it treat Trump disrespectfully and inaccurately?

Comment

The press conference could hardly be qualified as "off-the-rails", and the President never defended "racist protesters". So, no, the headline is not accurate.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        The press conference could hardly be qualified as "off-the-rails", and the President never defended "racist protesters". So, no, the headline is not accurate.
        The mob of white men marched in Charlottesville carrying flaming torches Friday night shouting “Heil Trump”, anti-Semitic slogans and the Nazi racist catch-phrase “Blood and Soil” as the curtain-raiser for a day of violent clashes with counter protesters that left three people dead.

And yet Trump tries to equate the two groups. It's a false equivalence fallacy.
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
          The mob of white men marched in Charlottesville carrying flaming torches Friday night shouting “Heil Trump”, anti-Semitic slogans and the Nazi racist catch-phrase “Blood and Soil” as the curtain-raiser for a day of violent clashes with counter protesters that left three people dead.
          Got that straight from the Democrat party talking points, did you?

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post

And yet Trump tries to equate the two groups. It's a false equivalence fallacy.
            Two separate groups of evil people clash violently and only one is really bad? Which side has done the vast majority of violence to date, the anti-Semitic group or the anti white group? Which one is more evil?
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Got that straight from the Democrat party talking points, did you?
              Straight from the visual evidence of the numerous news channels.

http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/...-1025387587925
              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Like I said, straight from the Democrat party talking points.

Seriously, man, I'm not sure what you think a bunch of carefully selected video clips is supposed to prove, especially coming from the same fake news outlet that deceptively edited George Zimmerman's call to 911 in order to make him sound racist. When are you low-info morons going to realize that you can't trust the mainstream media to tell you the truth?

Those of us who have actually bothered to stay informed know that there's plenty of blame to go around, from the governor to the police to individual protesters on both sides of the picket line who perpetrated the violence. To pretend that only one side bears all the blame is, quite frankly, stupid, so I'm hardly surprised to see that this is the narrative you've decided to run with.

Comment

Like I said, straight from the Democrat party talking points.

Seriously, man, I'm not sure what you think a bunch of carefully selected video clips is supposed to prove, especially coming from the same fake news outlet that deceptively edited George Zimmerman's call to 911 in order to make him sound racist. When are you low-info morons going to realize that you can't trust the mainstream media to tell you the truth?

Those of us who have actually bothered to stay informed know that there's plenty of blame to go around, from the governor to the police to individual protesters on both sides of the picket line who perpetrated the violence. To pretend that only one side bears all the blame is, quite frankly, stupid, so I'm hardly surprised to see that this is the narrative you've decided to run with.
                  The torchlight parade was planned and executed by the Alt-Right. It was the catalyst for the horrific 24 hours in this usually quiet college town. It was seen around the world as a day of racial rage, hate, violence and death. And it was incited by the Neo-Nazis, KKK and Anti-Semites of the Alt–Right. It is disingenuous to blame those who opposed it for the violence. Any half-way decent, moral human being should have opposed it.

Comment

10 seconds in and Trump's position is already vindicated. He deplores the violence and racism that both sides endorse, while at the same time upholding the right for peaceful protest.

It is disingenuous to blame those who opposed it for the violence.
                    Yup - all of it ... without regard for whether it was inflicted by right or left.

Any half-way decent, moral human being should have opposed it.
                    And that's what Trump did.
                    Last edited by tabibito; 08-16-2017, 02:38 AM.
                    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                    Scripture before Tradition:
                    but that won't prevent others from
                    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                      CNN is showing breaking news: "In off-the-rails news conference Trump defends racist protesters, blames violence on 'both sides'."

Is this an accurate headline or does it treat Trump disrespectfully and inaccurately?
                      He doesn't defend racist protesters, he does accurately blame both sides (the counter-protestes are more to blame, actually).
                      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

It is disingenuous to blame those who opposed it for the violence.
                        No it's not. The "nazis" were peacefully protesting, the "peaceful" opponents showed up to attack them, just like they do not just to nazis but anyone right of Stalin.
                        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                          Any half-way decent, moral human being should have opposed it.
                          And that's what Trump did.
                          "We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence on many sides. On many sides."

"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, Neo-Nazis, White Supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."

-President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Unbelievable: Trump said something sensible.
                            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                            Scripture before Tradition:
                            but that won't prevent others from
                            taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                            of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Not so unbelievable. President Trump says sensible stuff quite often, but you'd never know it if your only source of news is the mainstream media.

Comment