Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Robert E. Lee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Different times, different party. Lincoln who republicans like to hail as an icon of the republican party was assassinated by J W Booth, a confederate sympathizer who would fit right in with the republican alt right white supremacists of today.
    It is amazing how much ignorance you can pack into such a short post!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Jim, nobody takes you seriously any more. All you do is post twisted and exaggerated biased nonsense. Stop being such a troll and educate yourself.

No Lee was not a saint. I never said he was. He was however an honorable soldier.

You never answered me about the liberals in California who want to secede from the Union. Will that make them traitors?
      There were cries in Texas to secede from the union in 2012, so this is not a very good example.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
        There were cries in Texas to secede from the union in 2012, so this is not a very good example.
        Why not?
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          Why not?
          I'm not playing the game. you know exactly why.

Comment

Just because something happened elsewhere doesn't make it "not a good example".
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm not playing the game. you know exactly why.
              You 'entered the game' by making that dumb statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                You 'entered the game' by making that dumb statement.
                No, I didn't enter a game actually. I simple pointed out that using calls for secession by liberals in California is a poor example to trap Jim with, since conservatives did the same thing in Texas when Obama won reelection in 2012.

I understand you're not very smart, but this is really not difficult to grasp at all.
                Last edited by Sea of red; 08-17-2017, 11:56 AM.

Comment

No, I didn't enter a game actually. I simple pointed out that using calls for secession by liberals in California is a poor example to trap Jim with, since conservatives did the same thing in Texas when Obama won reelection in 2012.

I understand you're not very smart, but this is really not difficult to grasp at all.
                  Have you considered that perhaps not all conservatives agreed with the calls for Texas to secede, and that Sparko may just possibly have been one of those who disagreed?

You're basically accusing Sparko of holding a position without bothering to ask him about it first. That's sort of a jackass thing to do.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    Have you considered that perhaps not all conservatives agreed with the calls for Texas to secede, and that Sparko may just possibly have been one of those who disagreed?

You're basically accusing Sparko of holding a position without bothering to ask him about it first. That's sort of a jackass thing to do.
                    So why didn't Sparko use them as an example too? Whatever he says about California, he should say about Texas and be consistent.

Comment

No, I didn't enter a game actually.
                      True - more like you blundered into it.

I simple pointed out that using calls for secession by liberals in California is a poor example to trap Jim with, since conservatives did the same thing in Texas when Obama won reelection in 2012.
                      Did you even bother to check with Sparko? I'm a Texas conservative, and I certainly didn't support it!

I understand you're not very smart,
                      Well, you seem to enjoy being wrong, so...

but this is really not difficult to grasp at all.
                      Yeah, you screwed up, and now you're trying to recover by flinging personal insults.

Comment

So why didn't Sparko use them as an example too? Whatever he says about California, he should say about Texas and be consistent.
                        Sparko didn't need to be exhaustive. Why stop with Texas?

He only needed to point out a single example to expose potential hypocrisy on the part of JimL, and California is the most recent.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          Don't know what world you are living in MM, but its obviously not the real one.

Comment

sure it is.

I wonder if Jimmy will answer the question.

Comment

well duh, because Jimmy who hates conservatives would doubtless say "yes they were traitors" but will he say that about California liberals?

Think Sea.

Also, I am arguing AGAINST the South being "traitors" -- so assuming I DID agree with Texas trying to secede, then I would not think they were "traitors" - just like the South - so how would I be being hypocritical?

I am trying to get JimL to see that just wanting to secede doesn't make someone a traitor.
                              Last edited by Sparko; 08-17-2017, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                sure it is.

I wonder if Jimmy will answer the question.
                                If it doesn't come to his fax machine as a talking point, he won't know how to respond.

Comment