Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Robert E. Lee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Do they even realize that Jefferson Davis and the Southern states were DEMOCRATS and that the Abolitionists were REPUBLICANS...
    They realize it, but like most liberals, they resort to the "ideological flip-flop" argument and try to claim that today's Republicans were yesterday's Democrats, and vice versa, while blithely disregarding the fact that the Democrat party, even today, holds largely racist views, not the least of which is that black people can't get ahead without "benevolent" white people giving them a handout.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      They realize it, but like most liberals, they resort to the "ideological flip-flop" argument and try to claim that today's Republicans were yesterday's Democrats, and vice versa, while blithely disregarding the fact that the Democrat party, even today, holds largely racist views, not the least of which is that black people can't get ahead without "benevolent" white people giving them a handout.
      Well if the extreme left doesn't stop being so extreme, today's democrats WILL become tomorrow's Republicans. They are alienating everyone of their party members who is moderate in the least. My cousin is a Democrat and she told me that at this point she is a democrat in name only because of the way the snowflakes and antifas are acting. Even the so-called mainline Democrats like Obama and Hillary have gone off the deep end. They alienated millions of Democrats when they shut down coal. All those coal miners living in Kentucky, Virginia, West Virginia, etc were hard core union Democrats - until they pulled the rug out from under them, and denounced them as an evil industry bent on destroying the world through global warming. Trump is promising to bring back coal, which will probably get the coal miners to switch to Republican - if there is any way to actually revive the industry that the democrats gutted.

Democrats are their own worst enemy.

Comment

Well if the extreme left doesn't stop being so extreme, today's democrats WILL become tomorrow's Republicans. They are alienating everyone of their party members who is moderate in the least. My cousin is a Democrat and she told me that at this point she is a democrat in name only because of the way the snowflakes and antifas are acting. Even the so-called mainline Democrats like Obama and Hillary have gone off the deep end. They alienated millions of Democrats when they shut down coal. All those coal miners living in Kentucky, Virginia, West Virginia, etc were hard core union Democrats - until they pulled the rug out from under them, and denounced them as an evil industry bent on destroying the world through global warming. Trump is promising to bring back coal, which will probably get the coal miners to switch to Republican - if there is any way to actually revive the industry that the democrats gutted.

At this point, neither main party appears to be capable of getting out of its own way.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Bill Clinton is far right compared with the Dems of today.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            At this point, neither main party appears to be capable of getting out of its own way.

true. The Republicans win it all and then sit on their hands and do nothing. what a waste.

Comment

I guess that's why Trumps job approval is in the toilet.

Comment

true. The Republicans win it all and then sit on their hands and do nothing. what a waste.
                I think it's politicians in general. They flat out forget who elected them and get all filled up with 'self'.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Thats because you ignorants elected a bunch of idiots. No offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    I think it's politicians in general. They flat out forget who elected them and get all filled up with 'self'.
                    No, they know who elected them alright!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      No, they know who elected them alright!
                      They don't care, Jimmy - they just want to keep their butts in office. Kinda like Pelosi, who will hang onto power until they pry her dead cold fingers....
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        They don't care, Jimmy - they just want to keep their butts in office. Kinda like Pelosi, who will hang onto power until they pry her dead cold fingers....
                        No, you're thinking of republican pols, we democrats elect Pelosi because she knows, and we know, who she is working for. Thats why you hate her so much, well that and the constant demonization of her by the right wing propagandists.

Comment

No, you're thinking of republican pols, we democrats elect Pelosi because she knows, and we know, who she is working for. Thats why you hate her so much, well that and the constant demonization of her by the right wing propagandists.
                          Yes Jim, we know who Peolsi is working for: Wall Street and Bankers: http://www.factcheck.org/2017/02/pel...street-denial/
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

No, you're thinking of republican pols
                            How do you know what I'm thinking, Jimmy? You don't even know what YOU're thinking!

we democrats elect Pelosi because she knows, and we know, who she is working for.
                            No, she has hornswoggled you into making her one of the richest people in California. She's all about her own power.

Thats why you hate her so much
                            I don't hate her at all, Jimmy.

well that and the constant demonization of her by the right wing propagandists.
                            You're dumber than turtle poop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
                              I guess that's why Trumps job approval is in the toilet.
                              A low approval rating for Trump doesn't mean the Democrats are inherently popular. Looking at some polls, (for example, this one), the Democrats have lost popularity since the election. It doesn't seem like Trump's unpopularity has done much to translate into actual popularity for the Democrats.

Comment

Thats because you ignorants elected a bunch of idiots. No offense.
                                guys it is going to hard to get irony meters again 10 irony factories just blew up.

Comment